Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Tools    

Beware The Probe!
FF2: Rise of the Silver Surfer just began filming in Vancouver this past week.

Plot:
Marvel’s first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.

This one not only has Dr. Doom returning but with the Silver Surfer in it I'm hoping an appearance by his master, the world devourer, Galactus cant be far behind.

I get the feeling that if Galactus is going to be in it he'll appear at the end setting up another sequel.
The FF fighting Galactus would be worthy of an entire movie of its own.
Personally, I think something of that magnitude would give them an excellent opportunity to incorporate cameos from other heroes from the Marvel universe.
But I doubt it. Too much of a fanboy's dream come true.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I stopped within like 30 minutes of the first one.

So no.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

I loved the first and am very looking forward to this next one.

Apparently Doug Jones is the actor rumoured to be the Silver Surfer.

He's the dude who played Abe Sapien, that Aquatic type creature.

Originally Posted by B-card
Silver surfer wasn't he a good guy or something?
Yeah that's what I thought. He was anyways so what's up with that.

I don't get it film makers usualy try to make comic book movies more realistic somehow and now we'll have aliens in the movie
There have always been aliens in the comics though. I dont get what your saying here B-card.

Beware The Probe!
He's a good guy now but originally brought doom onto entire worlds.

The Surfer was originally Norrin Radd, a young astronomer of the planet Zenn-La. He agreed to serve as herald to the god-like entity Galactus in order to save Zenn-La from the world devourer's insatiable hunger. Granted enormous cosmic powers (the Power Cosmic), a silvery appearance and a surfboard-like vehicle — all of which were modeled after a childhood fantasy of Radd — the Silver Surfer roamed the cosmos, searching for new planets for Galactus to consume.

In the classic “The Coming of Galactus” story arc in Fantastic Four #48-50 (1966), the Silver Surfer encountered Earth's Fantastic Four and betrayed Galactus, who doomed him to exile on Earth.

Originally Posted by Escape
There have always been aliens in the comics though. I dont get what your saying here B-card.
Sorry but its kind a hard to explain my English is not that good.You know in all movies for example "Jurrasic park" the way that Dinosaurs were created by taking blood from a mosquito and then cloning a dinosaur seems kind of possible and in some way(you know the genetics and all) the movie seems more realistic just like in the first part of F4 with the cosmic storm changing your DNA and stuff seems real the movie makes you belive it's possible and thats what i like in all of the movies with comic book characters they try to make it as real as possible (usually there is always an explanation in those movies)I don't want aliens envoleved isn't there another vilian I mean from earth because except Doctor DooM I don't know any

Sorry but its kind a hard to explain my English is not that good.You know in all movies for example "Jurrasic park" the way that Dinosaurs were created by taking blood from a mosquito and then cloning a dinosaur seems kind of possible and in some way(you know the genetics and all) the movie seems more realistic just like in the first part of F4 with the cosmic storm changing your DNA and stuff seems real the movie makes you belive it's possible and thats what i like in all of the movies with comic book characters they try to make it as real as possible (usually there is always an explanation in those movies)I don't want aliens envolved. Isn't there another vilian I mean from earth, because except Doctor DooM I don't know any
Ok I get you but I mean, if it's possible to have a man mutate to pure rock, then really, by acknowledging this, we've already allowed reality to subside here while letting our imaginations take over.
Silver Surfer is part of the Marvel Universe and he should to be in or at least acknowledged. And from what Sci fi said up there, it seems this is the Silver Surfer just prior to betraying Galactus so will eventually become a good guy perhaps near the end of this one.

Beware The Probe!
Marvel has changed movie version character origins before (like Juggernaut being a mutant and not Xavier's brother, or Rogue and Nightcrawler not being Mystique's children, and even the Phoenix not being a cosmic creature in Galactus' level, even Venom is supposed to be an alien symbiote but that may not be the case in the new Spidey film) so they could always make the Silver Surfer a blond beach bum surfer dude from California who was bitten by a silver jellyfish.
Course I think most fans would be too outraged to see the movie then.

The fact that they are using the Surfer is a total ratings ploy I would think.
It leads people (like me) to hope to see Galactus who is arguably the most powerful being in the entire Marvel universe.
I know a lot of comic book fans who would love to see both of them in a movie.
It would be like DC using Darkseid in the next Superman movie.

The Surfer/Galactus story was a big part of Fantastic Four history but I am surprised they would jump right into that story for their second movie (I figured we'd get the Mole Man or Puppet Master or something lame first).

With a good enough story, I think this FF movie will do a hell of a lot better than the first one (which unlike a lot of people, I thought was awesome, btw).

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy

Couldnt agree more. the first movie was really good. Jessica Alba at her prime. The special effects were amazing. Alot of people did not like it. i am suprised and excited that they are making a sequel. I can not get enough of comic book movies.

im definatly wanna see the next film but the first could of been way better than it was, the whole doom thing with tricking ben grimm into changing back and everything, just seemed a little silly, its like the guy didnt really have a plan, just wanted to be bad, the whole film was close to being retarded, but just managed to hold up near the end , the fights were awesome though and storm was the best thing about the film for me, chris evens played it real cocky and full of himself,exactly what the character needed. just seems hard to vision how the next one will come out like.

Seems interesting.

Bueller, do you play world of warcraft? I know a shaman named Bueller.

A system of cells interlinked
The first film was so poorly written. The dialogue was some of the worst I have heard in a while, and although there were some good special effects, that means basically nothing to me in this day and age. I do hope the second film is better than the first, but, I don't hold out much hope...

I've always liked the fantastic 4 but the movie was dire...
Lets hope the 2nd is much better

Can't see why the first film was so derided. I thought it was nice to see an entertaining comic book adaptation which didn't relie on making everything dark, realistic and depressing. Even the enjoyable SUPERMAN RETURNS was too deadly serious at times.

So, I'm very much looking forward to the new movie.

James

Awsom 50 - The Online Source for Action Movies

Originally Posted by Tazz
Seems interesting.

Bueller, do you play world of warcraft? I know a shaman named Bueller.
nop, but ill check it out