300 Trailer

Tools    

One of my biggest blunders ever on this forum was to advocate Oliver Stone's Alexander. It was a complete disgrace and nauseatingly horrible. I'm still waiting for a Real Alexander The Great movie which probably won't be made for another twenty years. As for this movie, I'm not a big fan of the fantasy comic-book theme and the trailer clearly shows it's not that accurate either to boot. I will see it none the less mainly because the last trailer I saw presented it better than the others and made it appear to be a decent retelling. I still doubt it however and wish the kykes would stop fooling around with things they don't understand.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Krackalackin
As for this movie, I'm not a big fan of the fantasy comic-book theme and the trailer clearly shows it's not that accurate either to boot. I will see it none the less mainly because the last trailer I saw presented it better than the others and made it appear to be a decent retelling. I still doubt it however and wish the kykes would stop fooling around with things they don't understand.
You have to understand that this isn't a movie adaptation of the Spartan stand at Thermopylae. It's a movie adaptation of 300, which is Frank Miller's stylish comic book retelling of the Spartan stand at Thermopylae. So it wasn't Zack Snyder or Hollywood's decision to sensationalize the story. They're capturing Miller's unique vision, which was never meant to be historically accurate (nor definitive).

...Despite the bad comment i read about this movie...i Think it's good. i live in a god-forsaken country and almost never watch TV :P so i saw the trailers to this movie just today -.-' but i think it looks veeeery promisling,cause im into history & medieval stuff,and that movie looks great... The "yeah" guy said the phalanx usually fight with their spears...well,thats true... the only fact he missed is... the fight scenes we saw where mainly against the persian immortals (the second wave sent on them) the first wave was 10 000 spearmans and archers...and i have a reasson to believe a wooden spear wouldn't last too-long if u have like... 100 man to kill with it
so they had their swords left.

anyway...the date is set to march 9th... thats in 19 days from today...in my god forsaken country it will come in a year-or two :P so i have to dl it from the net...so i'd like to ask... when do ppl upload new movies on torrents and stuff? few days before the date,after it...or what O.o ?

and i know this movie is about the book...but the only thing i saw different from the movie (and the book if the movie is same) and the history is the part when the persian officer or sth says to a spartan soldiers "Our arrows will block out the sun" and the spartan responds: "Than we shall fight in the shade" - in the movie
""So much the better, we shall fight in the shade" - in history.
i find the history version a bit better,but it's similar enough ^^

Originally Posted by codec69
...in my god forsaken country it will come in a year-or two :P so i have to dl it from the net...so i'd like to ask... when do ppl upload new movies on torrents and stuff? few days before the date,after it...or what O.o ?
Well, I have received some films as early as 1 year in advance (or so) of its release. 300 I probably might get it within a week or 2 before. I saw it though already in California along with Grindhouse this past week.

Originally Posted by jrs
Well, I have received some films as early as 1 year in advance (or so) of its release. 300 I probably might get it within a week or 2 before. I saw it though already in California along with Grindhouse this past week.

That was a fast answer Thank you... Then i'll keep checking untile i find some dl :P anyway...i found another mistane in "yeah's" comment ^^ he called the spear sarissa...and i was wondering cause i knew it's called Doru...now i searched a bit,and... sarissa is a spear used by Macedonian Phalanx...and we have a Spartan movie,not macedonian one :P Sarissa is much larger than dono...we didn't see in a thrailer any 13-21 feet spears,did we (yes,the actual size can be 21 feet=7 meter) doru is shorter than the minimum of sarissas 13 feet :\

BANNED (PLANT)
i can't wait. i have read many books on Spartans and the battle, cant wait. I get to see it on the 4th!

"Unholy Mill Of Murder"

BANNED (PLANT)
I just watched the movie. I loved it!!! The filming, characters, everything. just great!!

Noticed the explanation of why users have been banned, nice addition.

Can't wait for this movie though, wonder how it will fare for the year, atm it looks like it could be fav blockbuster.

I just got back from a screening. The Bridge in LA, if anyone else was there..

All I can say is.. Awesome. Really good.

Someone mentioned the quote where the Persian messenger says to the Spartans "The thousand nations of Persia shall come down upon you. Their arrows shall blot out the sun" To which the Spartan soldier replied, "So we shall fight in the shade." I thought that was awesome. There are some other good gems, too. Then when the arrows came raining down, all they did was laugh and call the Persian army "cowards."

The effects were truly great - blood splatters across the screen and you almost feel it. I saw it in IMAX glory so it was pretty sweet. The visuals were stunning. And you have to be impressed by the physiques of these men. I wonder how much they trained.

In three words... It was neet!

Last seen movie at home: Caffeine
The Last Movie in theatres: 300

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
all i have to say is this movie is going to be completely insane and wow

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Just seen the trailer at the cinema...I know that trailer music shouldn't con you into seeing a film, but yay to NIN! It was on my list to see anyway but it just moved up a place or two