Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Also, the official site has been updated with the trailer...http://www.fantasticfourmovie.com
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy
He was phasing through everything and everyone in that scene so he couldn't have cut their heads off.
Yes he was doing that in the tunnel but definitely not with the bus. He wizzed by there so fast he didn't have time to move. He went right down the middle and if anyone was standing, which is the normal, they were dead meat dude.

Beware The Probe!
Originally Posted by Escape
Yes he was doing that in the tunnel but definitely not with the bus. He wizzed by there so fast he didn't have time to move. He went right down the middle and if anyone was standing, which is the normal, they were dead meat dude.
Are you watching a different scene than me?

If he didn't phase through the bus he'd have demolished it.
He phased through the front of the bus, the people and the back of the bus. There was no crashing through involved.
Jonny had to swerve around the bus to follow him.

If he didn't phase through the bus he'd have demolished it.
He phased through the front of the bus, the people and the back of the bus. There was no crashing through involved.
Jonny had to swerve around the bus to follow him.
Ok no, I only watched it once and I thought you meant phased in and out as in dodged in and out. Figured he blasted through the windshield there. Ok I get you now. shhhhhhhhhhh

Beware The Probe!
Damn, and here I even had some screen-shots set up to prove you wrong and everything.

One thing I noticed capturing screenies is some continuity inconsistancies in the bus scene though.
One shot showing Surfer entering the bus has everyone sitting down.

Another shot a tenth of a second later has 2 guys in the front of the bus standing...

And the final shot of him exiting the bus has the 2 guys from the front and a woman in the middle of the bus standing...

Now since Surfer was travelling pretty damn fast here I assume he passed through the bus in less than a half a second in real time. How did these people have time to stand when a silver blur zips past them in just a fraction of a second?

I think this was a bus full of mutants with super-speed powers!!!!

(hey, it's the Marvel Universe...that explanation works for me...)

Visit my movie forum below made 4U!
Looks like the people saw something whiz past them and stood up and looked back to see what it was. It is a little too fast I agree but if you noticed something like that, you would have stood up and turned around pretty quickly!

Beware The Probe!
Yeah, I figure they pulled the camera through the bus backwards at a normal speed and got all the reactions without taking into account the physics behind the actual scene being sped up with a super-powered alien rocketing in through it.

Still looks damn cool though.

Damn, and here I even had some screen-shots set up to prove you wrong and everything.
Yeah, I zipped by those screen shots at first. More interested in looking at how the surfer looked. Then once I got the trailer going, I never paid attention to them again.

Originally Posted by snackman
Looks like the people saw something whiz past them and stood up and looked back to see what it was. It is a little too fast I agree but if you noticed something like that, you would have stood up and turned around pretty quickly!
Yeah but the only way they could react that quickly is if they saw him coming way before he went through the window. And I doubt they did since he was weaving around in that tunnel so much. Think of it, your sitting down then a silver flash fly's by you. You would react but much later than how they did there. Looked like they followed him all the way out the back which I can't see happening.

Visit my movie forum below made 4U!
True. Oh well in the end it's just a movie.

Originally Posted by snackman
True. Oh well in the end it's just a movie.
Sorry snackman I was wrong there. It appears he did come straight at that bus as opposed to weaving down into it. To me though, it looked natural since it happened so fast and tough to catch but when looking at it frame by frame, it looks unnatural.

i thought he was a good guy as well , but hey should be a good film .

The Green Lantern
I thought the trailer was pretty cool.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

lol love how the movie didnt come out yet and people are already picking it apart

i dont think u understand this, this movie has silver surfer in it that means it can have any mistakes in it

this is fukin crazy i mean silver surfer, SILVER SURFER i mean i just cant describe how happy i am to finally see him on big screen.

I think it's unwise to introduce Silver Surfer in this movie. Story-wise, it makes sense but it looks more to me like they're trying to rescue the Fantastic Four franchise hope by adding a little more meat to the bone by sticking in Silver Surfer. I think it would be a better idea if the Fantastic Four crew gave up on them and just used the second movie to film a sequence for a completely independant Silver Surfer and Galactus movie. To put Silver Surfer in the same movie with these guys sounds to me to only pervert the fragile integrity of his character and bring less prospect for a real Silver Surfer movie which without saying should be made. Personally, I've always been a Silver Surfer fan. I'm not big into comic-book by action heroes but I admire them and am an advocate of them but I always liked Silver Surfer more than Superman and can't understand why it's taken such a long time after the X-men for him to make his screen debut.

Silver Surfer Forever!

Beware The Probe!
Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I think it's unwise to introduce Silver Surfer in this movie. Story-wise, it makes sense but it looks more to me like they're trying to rescue the Fantastic Four franchise hope by adding a little more meat to the bone by sticking in Silver Surfer....

To put Silver Surfer in the same movie with these guys sounds to me to only pervert the fragile integrity of his character and bring less prospect for a real Silver Surfer movie which without saying should be made.
Umm...
Your arguement makes no sense to me.

Silver Surfer's first appearance was in The Fantastic Four#48 (March 1966) so how can the FF movie using him "pervert the fragile integrity of his character" in any way??

You seem to be saying they're using him as a ratings ploy (well, duhh, Venom in Spidy 3 anyone?) but both the Surfer and Galactus have been as much of FF lore as Green Gioblin or Doc Ock was to Spidey or Magneto to the X-Men.

What do think of the new costume Doom will wear in the sequel? I found it on Joblo. It also includes Harry Osborn and Venom.

http://www.joblo.com/doom-goblin-venom

Umm...
Your arguement makes no sense to me.

Silver Surfer's first appearance was in The Fantastic Four#48 (March 1966) so how can the FF movie using him "pervert the fragile integrity of his character" in any way??

You seem to be saying they're using him as a ratings ploy (well, duhh, Venom in Spidy 3 anyone?) but both the Surfer and Galactus have been as much of FF lore as Green Gioblin or Doc Ock was to Spidey or Magneto to the X-Men.
Maybe Krackalackin is saying the FF4 characters of this particular movie series, are a bunch of a$$ clowns and being in the same film with them only hurts the integrity of Silver Surfer?

??cixelsid ma i fi tahw os
honestly the only highlight to me in the fantastic four movies so far is jessica alba....there doesnt seem to be a decent storyline now since theyve gotten over the first one

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
i dont know but i think this one is gonna a lot better than the first one now that they put in the silver surfer