IMO The Best Music Video Ever

Tools    

If anyone has not seen the Music Video Kenna's "Hell Bent" 1998, I strongly invite you to. I personally believe it's "The best Music Video Ever made" . I've looked for forums where they've discussed it but I've been dissapointed in them because no one seemed to grasp the entire meaning of the video. True, there were some good Observations about the video (some shallower than the others) but there was one in huge perspective in particular that eluded the audience.

It's obvious the main character represents the proletariat who is essentially a disgruntled employee seeking for a way out of the cold, gray world he is forced to contend with. He hates the whole system of management (also doesn't understand it) and mainly just wants to be left alone. The Product "Happy" can be used to symbolically mean "The System" for which he a part of maintaining. He decided to build a new Government System, taking parts from the old as well as getting helped by the old system to accomplish this. It's an immediate success because everyone pretty much feels the same way he does (but were unable to devise a solution) and his product is a complete success and replaces the old one. Unfortunately, by doing this, it's made him a hero with a huge responsibilty, moreover turning him into the actual man he hated! and was trying to get rid of! Finally, he realizes he had failed because his invention came with a price. It made everything seem wonderful but it defeated the need for his inner fire. The thing he wanted eluded him and he became part of the very system he hated and was trying to destroy. It was impossible for it to be perfect and it will be the continuing battle forever that will never end. Bravissimo.

Another more personal perspctive of the meaning is the notion that the thing he desired was the freedom, innocense and ignorence of his childhood which had begun to haunt him as he becamse used to his adult life as an innefectual nothing part of an insanely massive system he could barely comprehend. He longed to have everyone be able to return to that blissful feeling they felt when they were children but had lost it. Unfortunately, that's a circumstantial impossibility and all it really does is changes their outlook on life superficially which leads to other problems.

The last idea that I mentioned (it changing their outlook) can be applied to the media which is fundamentally our only source to the outside world in its entirety. So the media has tried to be unbiased and international but this is a failure because it has made it biased anyway from the same logic. The Media is like a child because it's void of reason and has no theoretic formula to make sense of the facts. In this way, the media has made many people their own personal blinders, moreover, the system itself dictates to us how to think! And in my opinion, it's true. This is one of the major reasons why I believe Republics are a failure. In theory, you're allowed to believe anything you want to but you can only believe in what you're told. This is because the media today in this country is so large, influential and and coordinated, it has the actual power to control the way many people think. For example, there is no such thing as abolishment of censorship. It's only now Voluntary censorship, which means in practice people will only censor things they believe are an antagonist to their way of thinking. This is why so many people liked Bill Clinton because most people had no idea who he really was or what he really did except for what they heard on the news. And the media is not stupid. They know they're fooling you and they're doing it on purpose. Any thoughts?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...ok
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by spudracer
...ok
What kind of response is that. If you're questioning the validity of this thread, then why did you post on it to begin with. Also, there is no point of a post if you have nothing to say at all.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Gee, thanks for that refresher course on how to post.

I have every right to question the validity...what's that say...MovieForums Admin!? Oh yeah, I guess I have a valid reason for posting my short response.

There's nothing wrong with your post, but why make it about one particular video? Why don't you open it up so that others can post their opinion of what they consider the best music video? What makes me think that you're not allowing others to post what they consider to be the best video? Well, the title starts out with IMO, with you as the thread starter...so what it should read is "In Krackalackin's Opinion".

I could just be reading too much into this, maybe I'm not. I'm just saying...