Movie Tab II

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Well, that does it, adding The Return to the top of my queue....

stranger then a drunken mime
Lucky Number Slevin - 4.5/5

Very good movie with an excellent cast, kind of predictable but still a great ending. Not much from Sir Ben as I thought there'd be, but still, very good.

You ready? You look ready.
Gangs of New York- Everytime it just gets better and better. Bill the Butcher is a beast.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
Resident Evil didn't set the bar too high...I can't remember which one Doom is? Is it the fantasy one with blue eyed royalty? No, is that Dune? (probably)
So true. So true! And yes - DUne has the blue eyed Freemen (book is far better, let me not rant). No, no friend. *tsks you* Doom is far less presumptuous than Dune, and with good reason. The subject matter is far, FAR less worthy.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Cidade de Deus (2002 - Meirelles & Lund)

I just bought the DVD. Allready a modern classic, imo.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yesterday I had a fun little run...

Secuestro Express
The Proposition
The Parallax View
Altered States

Happy Times- (China, 2001) I really enjoyed this movie. Great story. Thank you IFC. My screenings of independent films are growing. Hell of a lot better then some of the crap they put in theaters.

stranger then a drunken mime
Passion of the Christ - 4/5

Good movie portraying the suffering Jesus went through, and the temptations of the devil. Very realistic and well done, some scenes made me sick, but it was good.

i've also seen The Passion again, i think it's an amazing film, the music, the cinematography, the acting...everything is perfect, not to mention the big plus for using the original languages. the only quabble i had was the unnecessary inclusion of the devil in the form of that woman.

history *is* moralizing
X-Men 2, yeah yeah again again yeah yeah

Originally Posted by adidasss
the only quabble i had was the unnecessary inclusion of the devil in the form of that woman.
Aren't you getting at the hidden message? Women are the devil!!

This excludes all MoFo women because they are the fairest creatures on Earth.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by John McClane
Aren't you getting at the hidden message? Women are the devil!!

This excludes all MoFo women because they are the fairest creatures on Earth.
you're so close!

The Hunt for Red October- Best damn Tom Clancy book adaption. Absolutely fabulous. Gets better every time I watch it.
Anastasia- Classic Disney animation; I'm a sucker for it, I love it, and I miss it.
Die Hard 3: With a Vengeance- It was on TV.

Originally Posted by John McClane
Anastasia- Classic Disney animation; I'm a sucker for it, I love it, and I miss it.
You do know Anastasia ain't a Disney flick, yeah? That's Fox Animation Studios.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
You do know Anastasia ain't a Disney flick, yeah? That's Fox Animation Studios.
Haha, my mistake. Alright then. Classic animation. I miss that. Thank goodness for foreign animation.

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof 4/5