2003 MTV Video Music Awards

Tools    

So, who's watching the show? I have watched the first 2 hours out of the 3 that the show lasts. It was a fair show. Some of the winners I was happy for like Coldplay or maybe even (might sound odd for others but) Eminem,and a few more. While the rest....I was like huh???? Why did they win, or even who the hell are they? Recently on the VMAs that happens.
Do ya'll remember on the Video Music Awards, they actually gave awards to videos???? Those were the days . Now the awards are given to just bands. What if the band sucks? They don't deserve it.
It all has to do with popularity these days. It's all going down the drain.

Originally Posted by jrs
Some of the winners I was happy for like Coldplay
I HATE Coldplay!

I could not believe that crappy music video of theirs - for "The Scientist" - won an award for best group video. It was SH+TTY!

I See You When You're Sleeping
Coldplay aren't bad, but they do sound as if they're trying to rip off radiohead.

I love the video for the scientist and it's a good track too, it's amazing that a song like that gets played on the radio at all - it has no bridge so it has a weird structure.

I haven't seen the awards but I hear madonna kissed britney spears and christina aguilmalaria?

Also, I just heard Justin Timberlake introduced Coldplay and called them "the best band in the world." What the hell? I'm biased, I know but Radiohead kick their asses all the way and they weren't even nominated - but I suppose when do you see Radiohead on MTV?

Damn MTV!

I gave up on MTV about five years ago and my brain adores me for it.

I could not believe that crappy music video of theirs - for "The Scientist" - won an award for best group video. It was SH+TTY!
I'd award Coldplay any day over the rampaging brigade of Justins, Britneys, Eminems and Missy Elliots.

I enjoyed seeing Madonna strutting her stuff around on stage.............for her age she is amazingly hot.............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I actually like Coldplay. I'm also a big fan of Good Charlotte, Queens of the Stoneage and The White Stripes.

I've had a look at the results on the MTV site. What were they thinking in giving 50 Cent the winner for Best New artist in a video? Should so have been Evanesence. Or at least Kelly Clarkson. Miss Independant is a bloody good song.

I didn't see it.

Even though I really don't care for 50 Cent, he deserved the best new artist award, simply for the fact that he's not even really a new artist. I find it most amusing when Mtv does that sorta stuff, artists aren't really artists until they have been on, well, Mtv. Plus, if Evanesence was his greatest competition, than he was the lesser of the evils.

A lot of people accuse Coldplay of ripping off Radiohead, which I don't quite see. They have similar sounds sometimes, but Radiohead is much more experimental than them. I look at Coldplay as more inoffensive pop fluff, which is fun to listen to every so often.

There's no use in getting pissed off at the Mtv awards, anyone who has ever watched 10 minutes of modern videos on it knows exactly what to expect for their choices. Did anyone actually think Johnny Cash had a chance?

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Even though I really don't care for 50 Cent, he deserved the best new artist award, simply for the fact that he's not even really a new artist. I find it most amusing when Mtv does that sorta stuff, artists aren't really artists until they have been on, well, Mtv. Plus, if Evanesence was his greatest competition, than he was the lesser of the evils.
HAHA, great stuff ! Can't agree more.

I See You When You're Sleeping
jrs have you got a pic of madge kissng aguilmaliaria? i want it for my collection

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by jrs
For those who didnt see it..........
WOOHOO!
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!