• Black Sabbath

And some really weird and funny ones:
  • Din granne (swedish = Your Neighbor)
  • Man or Astroman?
  • Archers of Loaf
  • Neutral Milk Hotel
  • Guns'n'Wankers

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
[*]Man or Astroman?
Those guys kick my a*s. They're great.

Here's some more bands, some more famous than others:

Jon Cougar Concentration Camp
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Propaghandi
The Supersuckers (as they say in concert: "And it ain't just a clever name!")
The Sally Strugglers
Operation Cliff Clavin
The Swingin' Udders
Toucan Slam
Cornucopia of Death (C.O.D.)
MDC (Millions of Dead Cops and/or Millions of Dead Christians, depending on whichever they think is more appropriate. Troy calls them "Mary Destroyed Civilization" because I break everything.)

God, I want a band. I'd call it "Rage Against Everything," or possibly "Sandy Vagina and the Monistat 7."

And we would rock--so hard...

I am having a nervous breakdance
Propaghandi is indeed a clever name and I love their cd How To Clean Everything.

I play in a band called Chairmen. We thought about calling ourselves The John Fogerty Hats as a tribute both to John Fogerty and Foghat. But Chairmen it is... I thought about some others that I wont even say here. They are a little offensive.

Nashville Pussy is pretty raw too...

I must become Caligari..!
there is a Rasta cover band called "Dread Zepplin".
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

It was beauty killed the beast.
It's Propagandhi not "Propaghandi".

Sorry, it's a pet peeve of Kong's.

P.S. - "Less Talk, More Rock" is their best work.

Originally Posted by Kong
It's Propagandhi not "Propaghandi".
Good call, and I'm retarded.

Although...

P.S. - "Less Talk, More Rock" is their best work.
I have to disagree here: while this 'un does have "Nation States"--ain't typing the full name--which is one of the best songs ever written period, How to Clean Everything is just so consistently kickass, it's ridiculous. Of course, it's more fun, too. I dunno. I like 'em both. But it's How to Clean, if I have to choose.

"Megan..."

And I am most happy to run into you two! This may be be better suited to a new thread (a punk thread! I have no clue why I or Monkey haven't started one yet), but I gotta know what you thought of Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes. For me, it's a kind of fifty-fifty, or maybe sixty-forty. It's pretty heavy, both music-wise and subject-wise--not exactly a keep-it-in-the-player-at-all-times, but good stuff. If you haven't heard it, it's definitely recommended; kind of like a denser, angrier version of Less Talk.

And Golgot, if you ain't heard the Propagandhi, you ain't heard politically themed punk rock. Check 'em out--I don't know what your musical tastes run toward, but their subject matter is right up your proverbial alley.

And, since we're on the subject, here's another band name:

The Weakerthans

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Great Thread!

funny band names:

These were band names that people I know have called their bands:

Yo-Yo and The Slinkies
Cheap 50's Werewolves

These are real bands:

Big Bad Bollocks
Showcase Showdown
Gangsta Bitch Barbie (Later called Nullset. not as funny)
Kings of Nuthin'
Scissorfight
The Sick F*cks
Dead F*cking Last
The Dead Milkmen
the Osaka Ramones (changed to Shonen Knife!)

And here's some band names I was playing with in the day and a half I was a musician:

Viscosity Breakdown
Scatter-Zoom

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A couple more names:

Anal C*nt
Alice Donut

And here's an interesting Web site I found (while searching for something completely different, naturally):

http://www.heathenworld.com/bandname/index.html

It's a semi-dictionary of a bunch of bands, not focused on any particular genre, and where their names came from. V. cool stuff.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
And Golgot, if you ain't heard the Propagandhi, you ain't heard politically themed punk rock. Check 'em out--I don't know what your musical tastes run toward, but their subject matter is right up your proverbial alley.
Will do.

i was once in a band called BreathSputumDog....erm actually, i've forgotten how it ended. It was better than "Steppenwolfe and the flowers of oblivion" anyway, which was another choice. All my other bands had an apathetic theme i.e.: Resin, Pollen etc etc

Here are some of my favorites:

Mad Caddies
Finger Eleven
Minus the Bear
Motion City Soundtrack
Killswitch Engage
Spacehog

Had a look around and came across these......

Genuwine

Soulwax

Aardvark Spleen

Bare Naked Ladies (a guy band)

Jackass Nebraska (I would class this name as cool

Free Beer - Live Nudes