Evanescence

Tools    

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Just thought I would start a thread about one of the best new bands around at the moment - Evaneascence.

What do you guys think of them?

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I really like them...to be honest. The "Bring Me To Life" video is great.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I hate to be the rain on the parade...actually no, I don't. I don't really like Evanescence. Listened to the CD, pretty decent. Listened to it a few more times, didn't like it as much. It's over-produced. I really love music that's just stripped down to the bare essentials, no fancy studio tricks. And the whole angst thing turns me right off. I got enough of my own angst, I don't need some pseudo-christian-metal-rock band whining at me. I did like the song from Daredevil that sounded sorta like Tori Amos, though.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

My life isn't written very well.
I read an interview where they (Evanescence)said they were surprised to find themselves on the christian rock charts. "What the ****** are we doing there?" The lead singer said. The next week, a reader wrote into the magazine that featured the interview and said that they actually were a christian band, but due to their mainstream success they decided to play that down. The reader went on to say that their songs contain heavy references to God, and faith. I don't listen to them, but I'd like to know, are they a christian band downplaying their faith for the mainstream pop charts--there's more money there--or are they really just a mainstream pop band? What is the name of their album?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
I read an interview where they (Evanescence)said they were surprised to find themselves on the christian rock charts. "What the ****** are we doing there?" The lead singer said. The next week, a reader wrote into the magazine that featured the interview and said that they actually were a christian band, but due to their mainstream success they decided to play that down. The reader went on to say that their songs contain heavy references to God, and faith. I don't listen to them, but I'd like to know, are they a christian band downplaying their faith for the mainstream pop charts--there's more money there--or are they really just a mainstream pop band? What is the name of their album?
They are a christian rock band or at least they were, but sometimes you get the articles where some of the stuff was either mis-interpreted or completely made up. I would go for the latter because Amy Lee (lead singer) was doing an interview (can't remember where) and she was questioned about the christian rock scene and she never said anything bad about it.

There album is called "Fallen" which could be mainstream, but their previous 2 albums were christian rock and if they are questioning why their album is on the christian rock charts it is because the album is not christian rock.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Originally Posted by sphericthor
They are a christian rock band or at least they were, but sometimes you get the articles where some of the stuff was either mis-interpreted or completely made up. I would go for the latter because Amy Lee (lead singer) was doing an interview (can't remember where) and she was questioned about the christian rock scene and she never said anything bad about it.

There album is called "Fallen" which could be mainstream, but their previous 2 albums were christian rock and if they are questioning why their album is on the christian rock charts it is because the album is not christian rock.
i heard they are a christian rock band...but because their song "Bring me to Life" deals with suicide christian stores aren't carrying their album(??)

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Being a HUGE fan of Evanescence, I know they are a christian rock band but I heard that the record company demanded that the album be removed from christian music stores, so that the band would be able to make it big in the main business.

The epitome of a "meh" band. Completely uninteresting.

Bring Me to Life was nothing short of excellent the first 50 times I heard it, but it seems to me their music lends itself to an overdose a bit more than most of their peers. It's still a good song (and I like Going Under, too), but I don't see myself listening to it, say, a year from now.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Originally Posted by Yoda
Bring Me to Life was nothing short of excellent the first 50 times I heard it, but it seems to me their music lends itself to an overdose a bit more than most of their peers. It's still a good song (and I like Going Under, too), but I don't see myself listening to it, say, a year from now.
I've been listening to them for the past 7 months non-stop everyday and I'm still loving every word. Plus I see that you have chosen their next single "Going Under" as one of your favourites.

Amy Lee has an amazing, haunting voice.....................

Bring me to life still takes my breath away every time I hear it.

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally Posted by MinionTV
I can't stand them, their music makes me cringe.
Yep.

crazed out movie freak
There are a couple of religious references in the cd. Although I wouldn't go calling them a Christian band by any means. I do like there cd though. It's one of the few I can listen to from start to finish.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Originally Posted by Raziel1
There are a couple of religious references in the cd. Although I wouldn't go calling them a Christian band by any means. I do like there cd though. It's one of the few I can listen to from start to finish.
If you listen to their earlier music you'll think again

I think people too often confuse "spiritual" with "Christian". Some one can have a spiritual sensation without it having aything to do with a particular faith.