Smells Like Teen Spirit

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
ooo, ooo,

Stormy Weather always makes me think of faffing around doing enjoyable amounts of very little. I just like singing it to myself when i'm feeling wistful, yet kind of revelling in a state of relaxed sadness. Good for the soul sometimes methinks.

Right, i am definitely asleep now...

[whoops - must be dreaming this bit - just realised most/all of my examples don't fit what you're talking about Piddy. Whoops. I'm more of a life-groove than moment person. My memory sucks ]

Originally Posted by Golgot
Stormy Weather always makes me think of faffing around doing enjoyable amounts of very little.
Couldn't agree more. I love the Etta James version. Then again, I love everything Etta sings.

Speaking of which, I first heard her belt out At Last while sitting at my computer, commiserating with a friend on the other side of the country about romance. It's still one of my absolute favorite tunes...a lovely song, in every sense of the word.

We have something in common!? What the hell's going on?
Good to know Greeny-wannabe [admit it, you're "liberal" really. You'll be telling me GM foods are dangerous next, and that presidents can lie. I feel my whole world shifting ]

g'night y'all [or will it be a 4-hourer 2nite. probably. The song plays on...]

I must become Caligari..!
That stupid hip hop version of that song (i dont know the name) that gos 'Thats Just the way it is', I donno but it sucks, it realy horrible. anyway.... They played ita at my Freinds (I had moved schools and we diddnt hang out) Funeral.... As everyone walked up to the coffin and paied there last respects. That day also left a musical inprint on my life and from now on every time i hear "Tears In Heaven" i will see my freinds mum Screaming at the top of her voice "DONT TAKE HIM AWAY, YOU LEAVE MY BOY ALONE" as they lowerd the coffin in to the ground.

I belive the best song for my generation (Althoght 99% of us (Me Not included) Like the worst hip hop eminem sh*t) is Prisoner Of Sosiety - The Living End. every time i hear Good Ridance - Greenday have to stop and listen, I want it played at my funeral.

Heaps of the pixies leave imprints on me especialy Where Is My Mind and HEY. and when ever i get a racists tendencie i go listen to some Specials.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

This thread reminds me of that Alan Jackson song that goes, "Ain't it funny how a melody can bring back a memory?" Good line, bad song.

Anywho...

Dramarama's "Last Cigarette" always makes me think of the place Troy and I lived a year or two before we got pregnant--we called it the Punk House. We'd get smashed with a bunch of our friends, weekends and most weeknights, and we always played that song before we crashed out--as we enjoyed one last smoke. Every time I hear it, it feels like the sun's coming up and I have to go to work at the nursing home in three hours, hangover or no hangover. Another end-of-the-night music selection: the first half of the All album Pummel. It's so f*cking depressing, too.

Any bluegrass I hear makes me think of home, playing euchre and canasta and poker with my dad. Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs, early Ricky Scaggs, any Johnny Cash (although technically not bluegrass except in the beginning)... The first night I learned how to play Seven Card No Peek, we listened to Johnny Cash's Orange Blossom Special.

There're more, but this gives me an idea for another thread.

And I definitely need to call my dad tomorrow.

I am having a nervous breakdance
[whoops - must be dreaming this bit - just realised most/all of my examples don't fit what you're talking about Piddy. Whoops. I'm more of a life-groove than moment person. My memory sucks ]

It's the herb.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Heheheh, unfortunately not. Haven't had any for about a week [most peculiar for me ]. I was just born this way

Originally Posted by Hondo333
and when ever i get a racists tendencie i go listen to some Specials.
Eh? How are the Specials rascist? At least two of their members were "rastas" for a start. Are you thinking of some lyrics i don't know about???

I'm not old, you're just 12.

Eh? How are the Specials rascist? At least two of their members were "rastas" for a start. Are you thinking of some lyrics i don't know about???
I think he meant that the Specials are so ANTI-Racism that they change his mind..(My guess)

Thought of another one:

"Here in Your Bedroom" by Goldfinger (Obscure!). This will always remind me of my favorite ex-girlfriend. It all ended poorly, but there were enough good times that I don't feel bad. This song always brings back sitting on the floor of her apartment, listening to CD's, feeding dorito's to her cat, and just being happy.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I think he meant that the Specials are so ANTI-Racism that they change his mind..(My guess)
Exactly

Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down - The Toasters, not just that song but the whole album. Anytime I feel down I put that in and I feel better.

Party at Ground Zero - fishbone, just a fun, energetic, party song.

ironically, the first time i heard anything by Eminem (my favorite artist) was in my car on my friends cd player during the intermission of a bible retreat.

Yeah those church kids do get pretty rowdy when they get away from their parents.