Soap Opera from Hell

Tools    

BANNED
I'm starting this thread to discuss the phenomenon of the TV Soap Opera--essentially, how soap operas carry on relentlessly, day after day, month after month, year after year--the same old parade of flat, two-dimensional characters in the same old worn out, hackneyed, clichéd situations again and again, motivated purely by commercial factors--the ratings, advertizing contracts, etc. Nuclear war might break out or a meteorite might collide against the earth or we might experience a second Flood or the Second Coming, but the soap operas will still carry on through it all, and a certain segment of the populace will still be more interested in them--in who's getting married or who's getting divorced or who's having an affair with whom--than in what's happening in the rest of the world! That's kind of funny and sad, ridiculous and pathetic, all at the same time!

So you mean..........they aren't true........!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I See You When You're Sleeping
I watch Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks. I love them, it's nice to know that they'll always be there to watch.

Enemies are so stimulating.
i really really hate soaps. i dont enjoy watching ppl moaning about each other...coz thats all they really ever seem to do. i used to watch hollyoack at uni coz it was on sunday mornings when i was hungover but now its just got so annoying with that bloody killer guy i wish they would just hurry up and find out that he killed all those girls and i hate that i started saying things like that or 'i hate her i wish she would die!' or 'yeah she is a bitch but i feel sorry for her now'. so i stopped watching it...its getting too much like eastenders. yuk!
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

BANNED
Actually, one show I really enjoyed--a show which was really a sitcom, but which made fun of the LA lifestyle--was a show called Unhappily Ever After. It was a hilarious parody of TV's Married With Children and other Soap Operas and one of the best things about them was the lead female star... Nikki Cox! Vavavoom! Whatta babe! Unbelievably sexy, and the more so because of her sense of humor and dry wit. Sexy and with personality! A lethal combination!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Anyone else besides me remember the tv show "Soap"? I was addicted to watching the reruns on the Comedy Channel when I was in college! Hilarious stuff. Where's the DVD of this?!?!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

BANNED
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Anyone else besides me remember the tv show "Soap"? I was addicted to watching the reruns on the Comedy Channel when I was in college! Hilarious stuff. Where's the DVD of this?!?!
Never heard of it, but it sounds like it would be pretty hilarious. I remember watching a movie called Soapdish, though, with Kevin Kline and Elizabeth Shue. It was pretty funny too--poking fun at the Soaps.