RIP Tobe Hooper

Tools    

I like The Devils Rejects alot but i agree Zombies reputation as a great horror director is weird. Oddly i've seen his Halloween II called one of the best Horrors this century by a lot of people and i don't agree at all, couldn't stand that film. Same as Lords of Salem but i didn't actually hate that.

The first Tcm is one of my favorite horror films. The 2nd one is pretty bad but has good moments.

That's kinda my point though. Rob Zombie and Eli Roth aren't masters of horror, but in terms of individual filmmaking, they're about the closest there is now all the genuine ones are dying off.

Robert Eggers is another horror director who could be good. Loved The Witch. Of course he's remaking Nosferatu next so that's not original. I'm fine with it though, Herzogs Nosferatu was a remake and it was great.

That's kinda my point though. Rob Zombie and Eli Roth aren't masters of horror, but in terms of individual filmmaking, they're about the closest there is now all the genuine ones are dying off.
Thirty years from now, these pieces of crap that are coming out in the horror genre right now will probably be seen as "classics." Some people are already claiming such and such already is. Thirty years AGO, in the '80s, all kinds of stuff in the horror genre was being treated as garbage. It's now nostalgia gold. If you want Freddy Krueger's image on your piece of toast, you can get it:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	toast.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	34012  

James Wan is HANDS DOWN the best horror director these days.

you simply can't disagree on that.

Mike Flanagan and Scott Derrickson are also pretty good

Which films do you guys think will be remembered as classics (whether cult or just in general) from this century whether you agree or not?

It Follows, The Witch, 28 Days Later, are a few i think will.

Which films do you guys think will be remembered as classics (whether cult or just in general) from this century whether you agree or not?

Twilight

I reckon Dog Soldiers and The Babadook could be contenders.

The Saw films. They're the new Nightmare on Elm Street/Friday the 13th/Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise.

Saw 8 - Jigsaw - comes out in October.

The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2

both classic

Twilight :laughing:

I reckon Dog Soldiers and The Babadook could be contenders.
Yeah The Babadook. Would be cool if The Descent was, i personally prefer that to Dog Soldiers. The first Saw might actually. The Ring probably.

I'd say the first Saw movie already is classic tbh.
The rest not so... it's kinda like the first Elm Street or the first Halloween.... it was pretty original, and the sequels were gash.

Lights Out was almost good.
The start was good, but the explanation half way through was hokey. A better third act could have seen that movie become near classic.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didnt recognise his name but that's pretty sad. Vale.

I liked Sinister but i hear very little about it, personally doubt that will be a "classic".
This movie as everything that make me love horror. One of my all-time favorite not just for the century. Super 8 shots are fantastic.

What do you guys recommend watching that's new in the horror genre? Everything looks mostly awful to me. Give us your list of horror films that you love from 2010 to now. Or maybe some years earlier.