MoFos - Identify Your Gender!

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Prejudice isn't synonymous with prejudgment anymore, the word is overwhelmingly pejorative.
Read my posts again. I thought that was a given too, but, for sake of appeasement, I chose a more positive direction.

Read my posts again. I thought that was a given too, but, for sake of appeasement, I chose a more positive direction.
You can speak of "positive stereotypes" all you want and I can contend that there is no such thing all I want, but the specific idea of "prejudice" is long without any positive connotations whatsoever.

You can speak of "positive stereotypes" all you want and I can contend that there is no such thing all I want, but the specific idea of "prejudice" is long without any positive connotations whatsoever.
Your like a no-see-um bug, buzzing around nit picking selected words out of someone's post, then turning the original meaning into some sort of argument, when none existed. I liked the old 'Ace' better.

You might be thinking of the word "bigotry", prejudice can be used outside of the racial arena for description. Like someone has a prejudice against Star Trek movies, or whatnot. I agree it wouldnt be my go-to word when disliking something though.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I agree with you.

The positive was sarcasm, based on being told that my spin on "prejudice" was too negative.

I do not detect any prejudice in this thread. I see no reason to be offended and certainly no reason to come across as apologetic for "our prejudices" or that "we all pre-judged". There is absolutely no basis for that approach, here. That is just my friendly neighborhood opinion, from the beginning.

Your like a no-see-um bug, buzzing around nit picking selected words out of someone's post, then turning the original meaning into some sort of argument, when none existed. I liked the old 'Ace' better.
No-see-um bugs actually dont buzz around, but they are the worst. Not rare in florida when out fishing to be getting bit by those $#@ing microscopic no-see-ums I dont like them.

Your like a no-see-um bug, buzzing around nit picking selected words out of someone's post,
It's a key element of Movie Max's posts. It's not nitpicking if it's the central topic.

then turning the original meaning into some sort of argument, when none existed.
The original meaning is the way in which it is being used which is not at all how it's typically used, which is my point. The definition is not an argument, identifying the contradiction is an argument.

I liked the old 'Ace' better.
I liked it better when you weren't comparing me to people I'm certain I wouldn't like. That's legitimately getting annoying, CR.

...I liked it better when you weren't comparing me to people I'm certain I wouldn't like. That's legitimately getting annoying, CR.
Ace is a term of endearment...like champ or bud So relax...stress is bad for health.

You can direct your fake ire at me. I will be sure to ignore it.
I really don't like being accused of holding dishonest positions, especially if I've just admitted to being mistaken.

How is anyone supposed to arrive at humility if you insult people for backing down?

Ace is a term of endearment...like champ or bud So relax...stress is bad for health.
I'm not stressed, I'm just saying, this is the second time you've called me Ace and given his reputation around here I really don't take it as a compliment.

You're ducking the question. If you want to call me arrogant, offer an example.
Oh I see! you actually want to be known as the arrogant poster. But no I don't think so. Ace like maybe, but arrogant know-it-all? Nah.