Movies & TV Shows You've NEVER Seen

Tools    

I, too, have never seen Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. There are also a plethora of classic films that I have never seen (a few off the top of my head):

On the Waterfront

Citizen Kane

A Clockwork Orange

Bridge on the River Kwai

Arsenice and Old Lace

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Lawrence of Arabia

The top 25 highest rated films on IMDB I haven't seen as of today

1. The Dark Night
2. Schindler's List
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Fight Club
5. Forrest Gump
6. Goodfellas
7. The Matrix
8. Seven Samurai (I have this checked out from the library though. Can't wait till I see this!)
9. City of God
10. Se7vn
11. The Usual Suspects
12. Life is Beautiful
13. Leon: The Professional
14. Once Upon a Time in the West (I actually started watching this on Netflix Instant shortly after the voting for the 60's list ended; but I stopped midway through because it was late. I haven't finished it yet because I keep forgetting about it.)
15. Interstellar
16. Saving Private Ryan
17. American History X
18. The Intouchables (2011)
19. The Green Mile
20. The Pianist
21. Gladiator
22. Apocalypse Now
23. Alien
24. The Lion King
25. The Lives of Others

Of your list Gideon, I've also never seen Lawrence of Arabia.
I've seen a stage play of Arsenic and Old Lace, but don't think I ever sat through the Cary Grant movie.
And I may have seen On the Waterfront, but don't remember. (For some reason I always get that confused with Streetcar Named Desire and I'm not sure if I've ever seen either of them).

1. The Dark Night
2. Schindler's List
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Fight Club
5. Forrest Gump
6. Goodfellas
7. The Matrix
8. Seven Samurai (I have this checked out from the library though. Can't wait till I see this!)
9. City of God
10. Se7vn
11. The Usual Suspects
12. Life is Beautiful
14. Once Upon a Time in the West (I actually started watching this on Netflix Instant shortly after the voting for the 60's list ended; but I stopped midway through because it was late. I haven't finished it yet because I keep forgetting about it.)
15. Interstellar
16. Saving Private Ryan
17. American History X
19. The Green Mile
20. The Pianist
21. Gladiator
22. Apocalypse Now
23. Alien
24. The Lion King
25. The Lives of Others
You've got some good ones there, Mushroom!
Of your list I've never seen:
City of God,
Once Upon a Time in the West,
Interstellar,
American History X,
The Intouchables,
The Lives of Others.

Lawrence of Arabia is amazing. The very next day I watched it a second time it was so good.
Some of these other classics are more academic and pretty slow and boring. Like vegetables or a hard college class, painful to get through but you're happy that you did once they're over.

Schindler's list is, I think, the best film ever made. Crazy some of these films people haven't seen.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Never seen star wars even a single installment will watch it along with the seventh which is going to come this year

If you're planning to watch the Star Wars movies during the upcoming Star Wars Weekend here on MoFo, you might want to at least watch the original trilogy before then. The conversation is likely to be filled with spoilers that may ruin the movies for you if you've never seen them before.

I, too, have never seen Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. There are also a plethora of classic films that I have never seen (a few off the top of my head):

On the Waterfront

Citizen Kane

A Clockwork Orange

Bridge on the River Kwai

Arsenice and Old Lace

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Lawrence of Arabia

You should definitely see Arsenic and Old Lace. It's one of my favorite movies, I watch it every time it airs on TCM.

Everyones got their opinion. I don't typically enjoy films that are plays put onto camera.. I prefer films to be more cinematic.

Yes, and my opinion is that I don't like about 15 movies on the list that Friendly Mushroom! posted above from the "highest rated films on IMDB".

yeah it's such a crap shoot, makes reviewing movies totally pointless for the most part.

It's also why I don't discuss movie taste with actors ,etc that I work with. It's a divisive topic because everyone has different taste.

Lawrence of Arabia is amazing. The very next day I watched it a second time it was so good.
Some of these other classics are more academic and pretty slow and boring. Like vegetables or a hard college class, painful to get through but you're happy that you did once they're over.

Schindler's list is, I think, the best film ever made. Crazy some of these films people haven't seen.
I have Lawrence of Arabia on my list (I'm just always a little intimidated by movies that are over 3 hours long).

And speaking of long films, I do agree about Schindler's List. One of the best, most emotional, most important films ever made. I always remember seeing it in the theater - it was more like a religious experience than "going to the movies." Not always easy to watch, but a beautiful story of personal redemption set against the backdrop of the horrors of the Holocaust.

Yes, and my opinion is that I don't like about 15 movies on the list that Friendly Mushroom! posted above from the "highest rated films on IMDB".
Which are the ones you don't like, GB?

1. The Dark Night
2. Schindler's List
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Fight Club
5. Forrest Gump
6. Goodfellas
7. The Matrix
9. City of God
10. Se7vn
11. The Usual Suspects
12. Life is Beautiful
15. Interstellar
16. Saving Private Ryan
17. American History X
19. The Green Mile
20. The Pianist
21. Gladiator
22. Apocalypse Now
23. Alien
24. The Lion King
25. The Lives of Others
Which are the ones you don't like, GB?

1. The Dark Night - Thought it was overrated, but only worth seeing for Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker. (I'm one of the few people who didn't like this Batman trilogy.)
2. Schindler's List - Amazing movie, but too hard to watch. Will probably never rewatch it.
3. Pulp Fiction - Hated it
4. Fight Club - Overrated
5. Forrest Gump - Overrated
6. Goodfellas - It was a good movie, but too violent, (as expected). Will never rewatch.
7. The Matrix - Overrated movie. Only worth watching for the special effects. Will never rewatch.
8. Seven Samurai - Hated it
9. City of God - Haven't seen this movie
10. Se7vn - Good movie
11. The Usual Suspects - Good movie
12. Life is Beautiful - Haven't seen this movie
13. Leon: The Professional - Haven't seen this movie
14. Once Upon a Time in the West - Haven't seen this movie
15. Interstellar - Good movie
16. Saving Private Ryan - Good movie, but too graphic at times. Will probably never rewatch it.
17. American History X - Good movie, but too violent at times. Will never rewatch.
18. The Intouchables (2011) - Haven't seen this movie
19. The Green Mile - Good movie, but too long and too slow.
20. The Pianist - Haven't seen this movie
21. Gladiator - Hated it.
22. Apocalypse Now - Saw this a long time ago. I don't remember much except that I didn't like it.
23. Alien - Good movie, but a bit too close to horror for my tastes. Will never rewatch.
24. The Lion King - Good movie.
25. The Lives of Others - Haven't seen this movie

interstellar is good, but the matrix was overrated. lol. I feel exactly the opposite.

And my feelings are quantifiable!! give me rep merph. merph! give me rep! come on merph

i agree about dark knight although i loved batman begins

I agree with some: I didn't care for Pulp Fiction also.
And, although Forrest Gump was entertaining, it was quite overrated.
I can't remember the Matrix even though I saw it. I remember it was a "mind-bender" but can't remember why (maybe I'm in the Matrix).

I was surprised you hated Seven Samurai.
Because it's foreign? Sub-titles? Old? Or suffers from my main criticism of many movies... it's too long?
Do you like the Magnificent Seven?

I have mixed feelings about Apocalypse Now (thought Platoon was better as a straight Viet Nam War story, but then I got the feeling Apocalypse isn't REALLY just about the Viet Nam War).

I liked Gladiator & Goodfellas.

I have too many thoughts about the Batman trilogy (CBG that I am) to be expressed here. As one who long longed for a realistic treatment of Batman, there are so many things I both love and hate about Nolan's treatment. My criticism of Dark Knight is it's too fast paced - it DOES have some great performances, but it tries to cram too much in. It's not the "Roller Coaster" ride so many movies are described as because a roller coaster is supposed to be thrilling and FUN. Dark Knight is suspenseful & edgy, but it feels more like a prolonged anxiety attack than a roller coaster ride. And then there's the ridiculous unintelligible Christian Bale Batman voice. ("Hey, let's make our main character sound like he's being choked with a garrote wire that results in half-whispered guttural noices so you can't understand anything he's saying!" SMART!)

Uh-oh... I'm starting to GO ON about the Batman trilogy!

interstellar is good, but the matrix was overrated. lol. I feel exactly the opposite.

And my feelings are quantifiable!! give me rep merph. merph! give me rep! come on merph

i agree about dark knight although i loved batman begins

Batman Begins was my least favorite of the trilogy. I hated it the first time I watched it, then I rewatched it just before I saw The Dark Knight, and I still hated it. I also hated Christian Bale as Batman.

I thought the trilogy took an even sharper decline with "Rises."
Even though it's the one I saw most recently, I can barely remember much about it except that it had Catwoman and a guy supposed to be Bane (a Latino from South America in the comics) who wore a carburatore over his mouth and talked like "Mr. French" from Family Affair!

I agree with some: I didn't care for Pulp Fiction also.
And, although Forrest Gump was entertaining, it was quite overrated.
I can't remember the Matrix even though I saw it. I remember it was a "mind-bender" but can't remember why (maybe I'm in the Matrix).

I was surprised you hated Seven Samurai.
Because it's foreign? Sub-titles? Old? Or suffers from my main criticism of many movies... it's too long?
Do you like the Magnificent Seven?

I have mixed feelings about Apocalypse Now (thought Platoon was better as a straight Viet Nam War story, but then I got the feeling Apocalypse isn't REALLY just about the Viet Nam War).

I liked Gladiator & Goodfellas.

I have too many thoughts about the Batman trilogy (CBG that I am) to be expressed here. As one who long longed for a realistic treatment of Batman, there are so many things I both love and hate about Nolan's treatment. My criticism of Dark Knight is it's too fast paced - it DOES have some great performances, but it tries to cram too much in. It's not the "Roller Coaster" ride so many movies are described as because a roller coaster is supposed to be thrilling and FUN. Dark Knight is suspenseful & edgy, but it feels more like a prolonged anxiety attack than a roller coaster ride. And then there's the ridiculous unintelligible Christian Bale Batman voice. ("Hey, let's make our main character sound like he's being choked with a garrote wire that results in half-whispered guttural noices so you can't understand anything he's saying!" SMART!)

Uh-oh... I'm starting to GO ON about the Batman trilogy!

I think Seven Samurai was a combination of the subtitles and just not holding my interest at all. The Magnificent Seven is better, but still not a movie that I would ever watch again. But at least it has a great soundtrack.

I really don't understand all the love for the Batman trilogy. The only one of the three movies that was worth watching was The Dark Knight, and that was only for Heath Ledger's performance. And Christian Bale was terrible as Batman.

Okay, this isn't about really obscure stuff that a lot of people have never seen, but about things most people have seen... but you haven't.
Hum. As an animation buff I haven't watched these very popular anime series:

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Gundam Seed:

Gundam Seed: Destiny

Turn A Gundam

Blood+

As well as these popular animated movies:

- Coraline
- Despicable Me
- Kung Fu Panda

I thought the trilogy took an even sharper decline with "Rises."
Even though it's the one I saw most recently, I can barely remember much about it except that it had Catwoman and a guy supposed to be Bane (a Latino from South America in the comics) who wore a carburatore over his mouth and talked like "Mr. French" from Family Affair!

There were a lot problems with The Dark Knight Rises, and Catwoman and Bane were only the most noticeable ones. There were storyline problems and timeline problems that made no sense too.

But you can't go by my opinions on superhero movies. I haven't seen the new Fantastic Four movie, but I loved the last two FF movies, and I can't understand why everyone else hates them. I also loved X-Men Origins: Wolverine, (the one with Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth), and I thought Andrew Garfield was much better as Spiderman than Tobey Maguire's whiny Spidey.