Knight of Cups (2015)

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Can't freakin' wait! I'm so excited right now I can't type properly yet I do type properly. WTF!

Did they cut off Fassbender, or was he supposed to be in another Malick project?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Can't freakin' wait! I'm so excited right now I can't type properly yet I do type properly. WTF!

Did they cut off Fassbender, or was he supposed to be in another Malick project?
Different project

I am also loving the f--- out of that trailer, watched it like seven times already. You better not disappoint us, Malick.

I like how the first part is somehow dark and sinister and the second is your usual Malick style.

I like how the first part is somehow dark and sinister and the second is your usual Malick style.
The first part reminds me of The Great Beauty a bit.

When has he ever?
you're probably right, but when expectations are too high you never know

To The Wonder was pretty disappointing to me...
I like it just as much as Tree of Life.
too Felliniesque?
Exactly.

To the Wonder wasn't a conventional film - it was an hour and a half of (really incredible) poetry set to images. I'm not sure I'd want to watch it again, but it's one of the very few films I still think about regularly. And I don't think "oh what a great movie that was", I think about how it made me realize some things about myself and how life/love work that I hadn't really been able to articulate before.

I can absolutely understand why you didn't like it though. Definitely not for everyone.

Looks interesting - I've never seen a Terrence Malik film before.

I absolutely love Tree of Life though.
That is the reverse reaction of mine. I thought To The Wonder was back to form for Malick and quite extraordinary, in contrast the CGI sequence in The Tree of Life was an abomination for me and quite disappointing. Ill have to rewatch The Tree of Life one day but out of his whole filmography its the only one i disliked.