The Neon Demon by Nicolas Winding Refn

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Great to see you liked it Lucas. I trust your taste over any of the bashers. I have a feeling I will like it a lot, and am seeing it this week.
Thanks, Swan. Yeah, man, I really loved it. There are images here that I will never forget - EVER. The film is trashy, vulgar and in poor taste...but it knows that. Throw Showgirls, Mulholland Drive,and Mean Girls into a blender and you get this..sort of.

Master of My Domain
Throw Showgirls, Mulholland Drive,and Mean Girls into a blender and you get this..sort of.
This sounds like a good time, even though I don't like Mean Girls at all.

Saw it, loved it. So good it almost makes me wonder why it's been so polarizing, though realistically I do get why. And I'm glad it is so polarizing. Refn achieved what he aimed to achieve, with glorious results.

Saw it, loved it. So good it almost makes me wonder why it's been so polarizing, though realistically I do get why. And I'm glad it is so polarizing. Refn achieved what he aimed to achieve, with glorious results.
Glad you enjoyed it. I was planning on going Saturday but it only lasted one week at my theater. It will have to wait for Blu-ray.

There are images here that I will never forget - EVER. The film is trashy, vulgar and in poor taste...but it knows that.
Agreed on both counts. There are some stunning, shocking, visceral images I won't soon forget.

I can't see you liking it, Sean. But I hope I'm wrong.
I know it is more in the horror realm but I am hoping. I didn't hate Only God Forgives, although it is a long way from the glorious Drive.

I think Refn has been consistently improving with each film based on the ones I've seen.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Psyched to go see this Saturday! I can't believe this got a release at the huuuge-mega-multi-stadium seated theater.

Wait, what? Pulled after one week? But I can still go see Captain America. Not even the hippie-stink art house cine is showing it.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I'm really glad you loved it! What I like most about Refn is that he makes what he wants to make. After the polarizing reception of OGF, he could have easily receded and turn towards something more streamlined and mainstream.Nope.He goes out and makes the most shocking film of his entire career.

"Wider"

it was like a typical ''message shoving'' film but with more original shots. It's like a film wanted to be understood and not understood at the same time by the mass viewers