BlueLion's Top 50

→ in
Tools    

I dig all the ones I've seen here, and it's probably obvious which one I haven't
I'm assuming it's the animated film?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I'm assuming it's the animated film?
I find all non-Japanese animation that doesn't emphasize the triumph of childlike ideals over a cruel adult world to be utterly worthless.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I find all non-Japanese animation that doesn't emphasize the triumph of childlike ideals over a cruel adult world to be utterly worthless.

Anime FTW!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Apocalypse Now is a total masterpiece, I love it. the King of Comedy si okay, but I remember that there's a women that is so damn ugly that I didn't want to rewatch it lol.

46. Dumb and Dumber (1994)
Peter Farrelly, Bobby Farrelly

"Hey Harry old buddy old pal, will you join me in a good luck toast before you head out? Sure thing, whatever you think will help your chances."

No, I'm not kidding. Dumb and Dumber IS one of my favorite films of all time. Obviously it's no work of art, but I love it to bits, and it's one of my two guilty pleasures that will be part of this list. It's one of the first films I remember seeing (it must have been around 2000 and I must have been about seven), and I still love it as much as I did the first time. I haven't seen the film in ages, but I must have seen it at least 20 times in the last 10 years and each time I watched it, it was like hanging out with two old friends. If I saw it this year for the first time, in all likelihood I would have given it the mark f rating. But because I watched it (and rewatched it) during what was probably the happiest period of my life, I just can't not feel nostalgic about it.

45. Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)
John Hughes

"I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of ****ing nowhere with ****ing keys to a ****ing car that isn't ****ing there. And I really didn't care to ****ing walk, down a ****ing highway, and across a ****ing runway to get back here to have you smile in my ****ing face. I want a ****ing car RIGHT ****ING NOW!."

And another comedy! You must totally think I'm losing it, right? In all seriousness, I pity those who can't allow themselves to enjoy a great comedy like this. It's just great on every possible level. It has one of my favorite scenes in all of cinema, and to me it's just the ultimate holiday movie.

It has one of my favorite scenes in all of cinema
Assuming it's the one that has the quote you posted? That's my favourite from that movie, anyway. I think it's most people's.

Cool list so far.

THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fire walk with me.

Assuming it's the one that has the quote you posted?
Yes, that's the one. But there are so many great scenes, really.

I'm a sentimentalist (sometimes), so my favorite scene from Planes, Trains and Automobiles was the ending...

It's a lovely comedy.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Dumb and Dumber is a genuinely hilarious comedy, awesome to see it on your list.

I'm digging this list man, I like both Dumb and Dumber and Planes, trains, and automobiles, it has been to long since I've seen the former, though. Apocalypse Now, obvious classic, I agree with your mini-review. Only one I don't care for is The King of Comedy, Rupert is too hard to watch, and outside of a few one liners I don't find it funny. One of Scorsese's weaker efforts.

Looking forward to the rest!

Only one I don't care for is The King of Comedy, Rupert is too hard to watch, and outside of a few one liners I don't find it funny. One of Scorsese's weaker efforts.
Rupert is indeed too hard and too awkward to watch, but that's the purpose of the film. I didn't find the film funny either. Like I said, it's one of the darkest comedies out there. I'm sure that if I rewatch it all alone (when I saw the film I didn't see it by myself), it would be much more effective and I'm sure it would make me feel uneasy and make my palms sweat. It's that dark. The film is basically a dive into the mind of an extremely deluded individual. Maybe it's not as dark as say, Taxi Driver, but it's pretty close.

Apocalypse Now, King of Comedy, and Dumb and Dumber are all old favorites. I saw The 25th Hour recently and that would go right into my favorites list as well. I've always liked Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, but never quite loved it. Never saw How to Train Your Dragon.