Dawn of the Dead (1978)
The Colour of Money
Spider Man 2
The Empire Strikes Back
X-men 2
Aliens
Toy Story 2

The Best Sequel's trilogy style is

Honestly each installment of The Man With No Name was better then its predecessor, which is near impossible considering how great A Fistful Of Dollars is. It pretty much did what The Matrix trilogy did but the complete opposite.

P.S.
Sorry Matrix freaks. I myself like all the Matrix movies but it was all downhill after the original.

For me it's definitely Aliens. Although, at the end of the day I do prefer the original, they are both amazing movies that decide to take the same series into two completely different directions and both manage to do it perfectly!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Could it be anything other than THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

saw II, III, IV; V, VI, VII

T2 judgement day , the lost world:Jurassic park , star wars the empire strikes back (the original sequel) a few dollars more , the twin towers and if it counts Fargo TV shows 1st season

The Dark Knight
Spiderman 2
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Back to the Future 2 (I know I’m in the minority on this, but I really like this sequel)

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I've got sequels and remakes on my mind, today. I agree with so many mentioned here. I figured I'd add The Color of Money (1986) to my collection.

1: The God Father-1
2: The God Father -2