My top 10 favourite Tarantino characters

Tools    

Quentin Tarantino is a filmmaker that, like most would concur, over the past two decades has made some of the most unique, stylish and memorable films, and with them he created characters which have become iconic and unforgettable, characters that are always quoted and often imitated, and this has inspired me to compile a list of my favourite characters from the films that he has directed.

10. Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman)
PULP FICTION

Great idea for a thread and I'm sure I'll love all you're choices, can't wait to see who's number one as there's so many possible choices for this list.

Mia Wallace is completely awesome though, and a great choice for the first entrant in the list, the dance scene, overdose scene and adrenaline shot scene are all some great.

Not Enough Time
I like this character, but not played by Uma Thurman, so it kinda takes away from the character's value in my opinion. I think there are many other better characters in Pulp Fiction. Women alone, I think Honey Bunny would top Mia Wallace.

And what do u guys like about the scenes? I think those are great scenes, but it really isn't expansive of the character. I mean, she doesn't really do anything in those scenes (dance contest, overdose, adrenaline shot) (ok maybe somewhat in the OD, but still not much)

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

I like this character, but not played by Uma Thurman, so it kinda takes away from the character's value in my opinion. I think there are many other better characters in Pulp Fiction. Women alone, I think Honey Bunny would top Mia Wallace.

And what do u guys like about the scenes? I think those are great scenes, but it really isn't expansive of the character. I mean, she doesn't really do anything in those scenes (dance contest, overdose, adrenaline shot) (ok maybe somewhat in the OD, but still not much)
What about the dialogue between her and Vincent before the dance contest?

Anyway, Mia > Honey Bunny

-Mia is super cool, good dancer, and way hotter than Honey Bunny. Mia is the wife of a boss and she is a boss too, she even obliges Vincent to get up and dance
-Honey Bunny isn't as attractive as Mia, she is insecure, yells a lot (and I can't stand women that yell), and she is a robber. Why would I prefer this character to Mia? Why would anybody?

What do I like about the scenes? Pretty much everything. There isn't anything about Pulp Fiction or Mia that I don't like.

9. Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio)
DJANGO UNCHAINED

Good choice, the mandingo fight and dog scenes are excellent in how they really allow us to build our hatred for the character, the latter we really begin to see Schultz hatred for this man. Schultz hatred grows for this spoilt young ignorant man and would rather die than let him have the last laugh, I love the little things Tarantino incorporates into the film to make us build up his hatred such as the way he loves French yet doesn't speak it, wasn't aware Dumas was black, the horrifying skull scene, showing Broomhildas scars etc.

8. Beatrix Kiddo / The Bride (Uma Thurman)
KILL BILL

Awesome list so far. I'm also a big fan of Tarantino and the characters he creates.

I loved Mia Wallace (iconic), Beatrix and of course Calvin Candie!

+3!

We all know Samuel Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction would probably win it

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
We all know Samuel Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction would probably win it
I think George Clooney in Dusk Till Dawn might have a say in that.

I think George Clooney in Dusk Till Dawn might have a say in that.
From Dusk Till Dawn is a Robert Rodriguez movie.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
From Dusk Till Dawn is a Robert Rodriguez movie.
My mistake. For some reason I always thought Dusk till Dawn was Tarantino.

My mistake. For some reason I always thought Dusk till Dawn was Tarantino.
Well, he wrote it, and also starred in it, but I don't consider it a Tarantino movie, just like I don't consider True Romance a Tarantino movie. And like I explained in my first post, this list will only consist of films that he has directed.

7. Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz)
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS

Not Enough Time
What about the dialogue between her and Vincent before the dance contest?

Anyway, Mia > Honey Bunny

-Mia is super cool, good dancer, and way hotter than Honey Bunny. Mia is the wife of a boss and she is a boss too, she even obliges Vincent to get up and dance
-Honey Bunny isn't as attractive as Mia, she is insecure, yells a lot (and I can't stand women that yell), and she is a robber. Why would I prefer this character to Mia? Why would anybody?

What do I like about the scenes? Pretty much everything. There isn't anything about Pulp Fiction or Mia that I don't like.
That's not really the dance scene as is it the 50's restaurant table scene, in my opinion.

She's definitely "cool" but only probably because she's high alot, and hotter in this movie (which really has nothing to do with how good a character is). But honey bunny is way more bad ass. Mia is a trophy chick as far as we can see in the movie.

But I based my statement on , Mia played by Uma Thurman is nothing special, it makes the character seem like she's trying too hard. She's got good lines/ideas but makes them sound cookie-cutter-like. Honey Bunny is what she is, and she owns her lines with feeling. The looks of the characters are exactly what they're supposed to be, Mia is supposed to appear suave and idyllic, while Honey Bunny is supposed to look gritty.

What would make this conversation interesting is if a movie was made based on Mia and Honey Bunny so their characters could be explored and compared. !Challenge extended!

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
[quote=BlueLion;891233][center]10. Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman)
PULP FICTION

Good call on Mia Wallace -- she was such a great character, one of my favorites-- she was a true L.A. gal with all the vices and habits, but had a cute and vulnerable side to her. She worked so well in this film.

6. Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz)
DJANGO UNCHAINED