Silence
0%
0 votes
Elle
4.76%
1 votes
Paterson
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
Vote for your favorite best picture of 2017 to find out the best picture of the decade!!!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=49866

Hey Mofo's!! I have compiled a list of awards for each year, which include all of the nominees for that particular award. All snubs from that category must be nominated by the MOFO's. Every week I will post 2 poles, starting with categories from 2016 and go in reverse chronological order. The winner of each category will go to face off against the other winners for title of Award of the Decade. In the lists below, the Winners for that year (voted by the academy) will be highlighted in BLUE, the Nominees will appear in BLACK and the added Snubs will be highlighted in RED. After the poles are over for a particular category the WINNERS (voted by the MOFO's) will appear at the top of the list highlighted and underlined in PURPLE.

If there are any Snubs you would like to add, add them in the comment section below but their will only be 12 nominees total for the poles. Even if a category is full, you can still nominate it, I'll just take out the least desirable of that particular category
(The Dates Polls will go up will be posted to the right of the category, they will go up sometime in that timeframe)

Best Picture (7/8-7/14)
Moonlight
Fences
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Hidden Figures
La La Land
Lion
Manchester by the Sea
Sully
Silence
Elle
Paterson

It's hard to vote as I haven't seen all of the movies in your poll.
I haven't seen Moonlight, Elle or Paterson.

But I've seen the rest and this is the order I'd put them in from best to worse.

La La Land - excellent and fresh...loved the unconventional ending to the story arch
Manchester by the Sea - excellent and well acted
Fences - liked it, strong performances
Hidden Figures - liked it, a movie that combined seriousness with fun
Hell or High Water -somewhat liked it, the ending was silly over the top.
Lion -split decision, the first half was good the second not so, redeems itself at the end
Silence - boring, maybe a good subject but overblown and way too long for the story at hand
Sully - poor construction, a big missed opportunity here
Hacksaw Ridge - crap, (meaning the action scenes), the rest was decent

“I was cured, all right!”
Manchester by the Sea it's by far my favorite among this ones. But german and south korean movies are way ahead of any of this films in the list.

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
It was more that I was surprised that you had literally every other Oscar BP nominee except Arrival.
Holy ****!!! Your'e right, IDK how I missed it..... crap!!!!

My bad, you're right, I'm wrong.... ****

Haha, don't worry about it.

I'll just consider it, Best Picture 2016 (Besides Arrival)

I'd go Moonlight next. Though I really ought to see Fences (my father and I agree on movies a lot, and he loved it).

La La Landslide for me. Although I loved Manchester and Hell Or High Water as well. Hacksaw, Sully, and Hidden Figures trail the pack. The rest are enjoyable and worth second looks.

I critically think 'Silence' and 'La La Land' rank among the Best Films of the Year.

But, when I look deep inside my heart; I believe my vote belongs to 'Moonlight.' Sorry.

movies can be okay...
Paterson or Moonlight.
But out of all of the films I've seen from 2016, I would pick "It's only the end of the world".
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

movies can be okay...
It's hard to vote as I haven't seen all of the movies in your poll.
I haven't seen Moonlight, Elle or Paterson.
You could do without Elle, but the others are a must see.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Moonlight - liked it
LLL - liked it
Arrival - liked it
Manchester by the sea - really liked it

but my favourite is