Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Missed a couple weeks and just watched the Mike/son episode, WOW. They raised the bar so high on that one.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm still loving this show and am so pleased it's doing so incredibly well in the ratings. It has its own feeling and flavor and the non-BREAKING BAD characters are all awesome in their own right, especially Michael McKean as Chuck. Understated but perfectly cast. Jimmy/Saul's ambivalence about how to treat him now that it's clear it's psychosomatic is well played by Odenkirk.

This next part of my post is a little bit "spoilery" if you are watching BETTER CALL SAUL but have not watched BREAKING BAD...

Having said all that, it's now hit me that our Jimmy is essentially a good guy at this point. He's trying to do right by people, even though he's a bit of a self-advertiser at times. (Loved the Bingo cards with his silhouette on them and the Jell-O cups with his info, etc. And the billboard scene was great.) But, he's mostly there for the little guy and I really root for him in every episode.

The fact that I know where he's going to end up makes me a little sad, to be honest. I want to see him continue to pull himself up by his own bootstraps and outsmart the corporate types and the lying, cheating client-wannabes. (The Kettlemans were hilarious and I'll miss them.) But at some point we'll start to see him becoming the "criminal lawyer" that Jesse Pinkman recommends to Walter White a few years down the line.

I feel a little unsettled about that upcoming change, so I hope this show lasts for a nice handful of seasons first and that Jimmy/Saul's downward spiral takes a good, long time.

A system of cells interlinked
I came to the same conclusion after watching the latest couple of episodes over the weekend; we are watching another guy break bad. The last couple of episodes have been so well done! Really starting to get into this show...

Yeah, I'm pretty into it at this point. I feel very confident we're in good hands here. They've got me interested everything going on, even if/when it doesn't relate to Breaking Bad.

I read an interview with Gilligan and someone else where they suggested the last two episodes (IE: the next two) of the season were different than the others. Can't wait to find out what that means.

I came to the same conclusion after watching the latest couple of episodes over the weekend; we are watching another guy break bad. The last couple of episodes have been so well done! Really starting to get into this show...
It was sorta in the back of my mind from the slipping Jimmy stuff from episode 2 but last episode I really started thinking about what is going to push Jimmy over the edge to a full on criminal. He is trying insanely hard to stay honest and what element will do it remains to be seen.

I also agree with Yoda that they have me interested in every element of the show. Mike being involved was the initial hook but now I think I am even more interested in where the story line with his brother goes.

I will marry these two thoughts by saying my guess would be something tragic and avoidable happens with his brother and that is what starts the Jimmy to Saul break bad.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I am loving the way the creators went against the temptation to cash in on the momentum of BB, and took their time with the story and evolution of the characters to create a brand new original show.

Just watched best episode of the season so far. Really feels like we have a two pronged spin-off now which is more then fine by me. Both Saul and Mike stories were firing on all cylinders, I loved it. How about the scene with Mike and the other two goons. You pretty much know how this is going down the entire time but it never matters. The story telling keeps you mesmerized the entire time. It was just like Breaking Bad at its best. This episode cliched this show being must watch for me.

Caught up now so I can read all your posts
Poor Jimmy, not good enough for the law firm and not even good enough for his brother . What terrible snobs
He's a good guy up to now. Despite his brashness he has a way with the elderly. I'm afraid for him now

Caught up now so I can read all your posts
Poor Jimmy, not good enough for the law firm and not even good enough for his brother . What terrible snobs
He's a good guy up to now. Despite his brashness he has a way with the elderly. I'm afraid for him now
They have done a phenomenal job of making Jimmy a sympathetic character. I don't think that was a small feat either. Gilligan has put together a great team of storytellers.

About to start watching this, going to start with the Five-O episode because I heard it is the best so far

You gonna start in the middle of a show?
Doesn't bother me much, I rarely watch an entire show all the way through - even ones that I love like Sopranos or Breaking Bad; just don't have time. That's what cliff notes are for.

Yeah watch the whole thing 90's Ace. Not that many episodes and none are particularly weak.
If it's good enough I just might do that; since it's early enough in the season I won't have to spend too many hours catching up.