The Videogames Tab

Tools    

If any of you gamers have a rough idea of the latest on all the 3080 madness, hit me up, we're closing on the sale of our house and I think I'm finally gonna spring for an upgrade.

The Adventure Starts Here!
If any of you gamers have a rough idea of the latest on all the 3080 madness, hit me up, we're closing on the sale of our house and I think I'm finally gonna spring for an upgrade.
Side note: Oh, yay! Didn't even realize you'd finally put it up for sale! Hope you got a good price for it!

I'll read the stuff about any new graphics cards here eagerly... because at some point I should upgrade mine. Still doing great service to the games I play, but not forever, of course.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Still messing with Skyrim, as time allows. I think I've killed me some 3 or 4 dragons so far and I'm actually holding my own well enough. I'm not sure why I couldn't get into this years back, but it's been fun so far.

Anyone know of a recent game like this but with better mechanics and smooth controls?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
Still messing with Skyrim, as time allows. I think I've killed me some 3 or 4 dragons so far and I'm actually holding my own well enough. I'm not sure why I couldn't get into this years back, but it's been fun so far.

Anyone know of a recent game like this but with better mechanics and smooth controls?
Elden Ring!

Fallout 4. Same Bethesda open world formula, but it was a big jump forward in combat. Still not as smooth as games where the combat is the entire point, of course, but a big jump from F3 and Skyrim.

gimme muh baby-back-baby-back-baby-back (CHIH-LEEEE's!) Baby back rrrrriih-iiii-hiiiiiiiibs!!!

Fallout 4. Same Bethesda open world formula, but it was a big jump forward in combat. Still not as smooth as games where the combat is the entire point, of course, but a big jump from F3 and Skyrim.
I'll be honest in that I'm not sure I could get into Fallout 4 in that FO3 didn't really stick with me. Hm. I can't remember why I stopped playing now. I'll check some clips on YouTube to see what 4 is like though. You noted that it was a big jump from 3 so maybe? Skyrim only took me so far when I started it back on the PS3 or maybe it was the PC. I don't know. Either way, it works for me now so maybe the same could be true for Fallout.

Thanks!

I fear Elden Ring will be too rage-inducing for me, and I need to keep my BP in check. Weird. I thought maybe I mistyped that assuming it was Elder Ring in that Eldien was an old character name of mine in World of Warcraft and a very old MUD named Realms of Kaos (a name I try to drop here every two years or so).

o.O

You ready? You look ready.
Building your own computer is so 2010.

I kid. Mostly. I’m just jealous I can’t afford to build anything like what I had back in the early ‘10s.

Though I haven't had much time for playing, I'm still trying to pop into Skyrim as I can. Maybe twenty minutes every other day. Mostly, I've been scrolling YouTube for details now that I have a bit of confidence. After finding a weird instructional on maxing out your specs, I decided to create a new character to try it out. Yeah, that restart took at least my 20-minute window just to get through the credits intro, but whatever. So far I've gotten Enchantment up to 59 and my nakie character to level 10 in less than two hours. I'm technically cheating, guess, by way of an invisible chest. I accept that where I am in life that I'm OK to cut a few corners to save time. I doubt I would have done this had I invested into the game years ago, but it's been interesting. If I understand things right, I am risking getting roflstomped the moment I take on anything in the game world as levels scale with your character. So I may spend some more time hacking away and random things for a bit during my next few logins.

That may be another week or two as I'm babysitting my nephew again this week starting tomorrow, so I'll be out of home for a few days. Bleh. We'll see if my investment into Madden earlier this year will pay off. Hopefully I can report back some proper mockery of his pathetic game skills when I get back.

there's a frog in my snake oil
This is of no use to the thread, but here's my current nightly addiction... A daft mix of first person VR fighter, and asynchronous tower defence game...

Basically you slam together a base for others to attack, and attack theirs in turn. (Watching them scuttle around your base afterwards in 'god mode', and seeing which traps worked, is pretty fun. Wrenching a mystical skull out of your shield and hurling it at a giant lizardman before it explodes is also fun )

You can also defend your base against mob waves to see how it holds up. Earning bonus gold for bonus lizardmen...

This is of no use to the thread, but here's my current nightly addiction... A daft mix of first person VR fighter, and asynchronous tower defence game...

Basically you slam together a base for others to attack, and attack theirs in turn. (Watching them scuttle around your base afterwards in 'god mode', and seeing which traps worked, is pretty fun. Wrenching a mystical skull out of your shield and hurling it at a giant lizardman before it explodes is also fun )

You can also defend your base against mob waves to see how it holds up. Earning bonus gold for bonus lizardmen...
is it gonna be on psvr? it looks like a really fun game

there's a frog in my snake oil
is it gonna be on psvr? it looks like a really fun game
Just PCVR for now by the looks. Guess they might port it if it goes ok? It's still in early access in theory. (But that's like half of all VR games )

Just PCVR for now by the looks. Guess they might port it if it goes ok? It's still in early access in theory. (But that's like half of all VR games )
oooh okay damn hope they will release it for PSVR ahhh. yeah thats very true . im excited for PSVR 2. hopefully it release late this year

Though my gaming time is limited, I'm still trying to put in a half hour or so once or twice a week. I thought I'd update on my Skyrim "leveling" exercise. First, I found a video on YouTube detailing steps to first level Enchanting to 100, then leveraging those skills to boost the others. So far so good. It's cheating really, but whatever. It's also quite boring, so there's that. Anyway. The process involves looting an invisible chest in Dawnstar, then disenchanting whatever you loot. From there, you enchant anything in inventory until you are out of soul gems, then repeat. You may or may not have to spam save states in order to brutally massacre trade NPCs to reset their gold stash.

The last I checked, I am at 75 Enchanting (I think?), my character is level 11 (gained strictly from enchanting experience), have learned maybe around 30 enchants, and I'm sitting on probably 30k in gold. It's kind of nuts. On the plus side, I've learned what soul gems are and that I can refill any empty gems I've looted by casting Soul Trap (one of the many enchants that I've learned here that I, otherwise, would likely never have known of) and going out into the world to kill whatever. So that's more or less what I do. I spent one night cycling the chest loot, and another going out into the world just to break the monotony. All total, I'd guess I've put in 4-8 hours total into this pattern. Not bad for the gold stash and enchants I now have access to.

But it does get boring. And things are slowing down now as it takes more enchants to reach the next level. Oh, and world levels apparently scale with you so that's becoming a risk as I am not at all leveling combat or armor skills. I'm aiming for Enchanting to hit 85, based on the instructions. We'll see if I ever make it.