Movies that SHOULD be made

Tools    

Ive always thought that a silent hill movie 'based on the first playstation game, would make a a great horror movie. But with the "great" video games movies so far Im sure it woulg be crap, especially if Paul W.S Anderson was involved.

I think "The Tesseract" by Alex Garland would make an excellent movie, although it would be kinda hard i suppose with loads of flashbacks and intertwining scenes. But it would be amazing.

And shouldn't be done by whoever ruined Garlands other book "The Beach" when tryed to turn it into a movie and changed the whole story round. (Danny Boyle, right?)

Oh and Brad Pitt could be Sean, one of the lead characters.

That would be my fave movie ever if it was made!

Originally Posted by frutkake
Ive always thought that a silent hill movie 'based on the first playstation game, would make a a great horror movie. But with the "great" video games movies so far Im sure it woulg be crap, especially if Paul W.S Anderson was involved.
Silent Hill, is being made, do a search on IMDB.

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Quantum Leap: The Movie!

That needs to be made into a movie (along with Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future).

If any book/game/whatever should be made into a movie it would have to be a vary true-to-the-story version of The Iliad. The story would have to remain true down to almost every sentence. This would also have to be directed by either Ridley Scott or Quentin Tarantino. If all of this could happen, this would be a most excellent film. And no, the film Troy is actually VERY LOOSELY based on The Iliad.

i agree. the illiad and the oddyssey would both make amazing movies.
i would also love to see a good movie made about hannibal (not lecter). the guy who marched unto Rome with his elephant army. of course he only made it out with like 5 of them left alive after he passed the Alps but that still would make an amazing movie imo.

A movie based on the computer game Diablo

and also...

Goonies 2 : The Return of Sloth! ( I'm just dieing to find out what happens to that guy)

My apologies go out to anyone who has posted any of my just thought up ideas, because it is all due to coincedence because I have no time to read you peoples posts.
- sorry

Originally Posted by Redookie19
A movie based on the computer game Diablo

and also...

Goonies 2 : The Return of Sloth! ( I'm just dieing to find out what happens to that guy)

My apologies go out to anyone who has posted any of my just thought up ideas, because it is all due to coincedence because I have no time to read you peoples posts.
- sorry
Speilberg and Richard Donner are actually trying to get a sequel to the Goonies made. Its supposedly titled The Groonies.

30 days of night... i heard sam raimi bought the film rights to this... if he makes the movie or not remains to be seen. it'd make a killer movie though... alaska... 30 days of straight darkness... vampires... need i say more?

If someone is gonna remake a film, remake the first ever one. The best film ever! A train pulling into a station! You could use digital film, bullet time and have a totally awsome soundtrack.

Ok, I'll shut the hell up now.

But seriously, I'd like to see more ghost stories. I don't mean lame ones like The Haunting ("Oooo, help the children"), but really creepy ones like The Others (before the ending started) and Event Horizon (not really "ghosts", but you know) and the such. I'd like it if you never actually see the whatever. That always kills the movie.

I dunno. I'm tired.

About Goonies 2: AICN.com reported that it wasn't going to be The Groonies but the working title is now "Goonies Never Die!" which is a enormous improvement over the Groonies.

"I can't help it..."
Movies that I think should be made:

*A film of the awsome videogame Metal Gear Solid... Michael Bay should direct...

*A film adaptation of of a book written by an Australian author, Moses Aaron, The book is called Elijah Greenface, and tells the story of a teenager whose father commits suicide after coming home from the Vietnam war. Brilliant. Philip Noyce should direct...

*Even though the legendary Andy Kaufman is gone, someone should still make the film version of the script that he & his friend Bob Zmuda wrote back in the eighties... The Tony Clifton Story, Jim Carrey could play Clifton, who is an extremely bad (Yet extremely funny) lounge singer... Maybe Danny Devito could direct?

I can't think of any more at the moment...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

I think They should make a movie called Claw Vipa .V.s. The Gods Of Evil
where a boy is created by the gods of evil and theygive the boy powers of the element earth but when creating went wrong and was sent to earth and after 13 years he is raised by a preist and the boy is tought by the most powerfuliest monks ever so when the boy is ready they send him to hell to finish off the evil gods and for what they did to the earth.

Originally Posted by Justin_The_One
I think They should make a movie called Claw Vipa .V.s. The Gods Of Evil
where a boy is created by the gods of evil and theygive the boy powers of the element earth but when creating went wrong and was sent to earth and after 13 years he is raised by a preist and the boy is tought by the most powerfuliest monks ever so when the boy is ready they send him to hell to finish off the evil gods and for what they did to the earth.
Why "Claw Vipa"?

Oh, powerfuliest isn't a word.

I think a movie about the Spartans could be awesome…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I agree. I'd love to see a huge, epic last stand of a movie based on the 300 Spartans.

I also think The Hobbit and Watchmen need to be made...and it would appear that I may get my wish.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: The Unbeliever. by Stephen R. Donaldson.

All six books.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, the rest of the Harry Potter series, The Alienist, Top Ten, a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen that follows the story, V for Vendetta, The Coffin, a musical version of Les Miserables,a remake of Hannibal that stays truer to the story (although I liked Hannibal), An Instance of the Fingerpost, the Preacher series, another Sherlock Holmes film, Sophie's World, Ender's Game, a decent Beowulf movie, and Grendel. Then I will be one VERY happy man.

how about making any one of blizzard's games into a movie?

i would kill to see diablo or warcraft or starcraft on the big screen