Who wants to see my power metal top 100 albums?

Tools    

Bath by Maudlin of the Well

Listened to several cuts. They have some interesting stuff.

In They Aren't All Beautiful, that singer is going to ruin his vocal cords with all that shouting/screaming.

Heaven and Weak is pretty nice. Definitely hear a Zappa influence.

This is a good a place as any to share my favorite heavy metal albums of 2021 so far. Feel free to share yours as well.

1. Evergrey - Escape of the Phoenix: Goth-tinged progressive metal
2. Gojira - Fortitude: Progressive death metal
3. Harakiri for the Sky - Maere: Melodic black metal in same vein as Alcest, but heavier
4. Epica - Omega: Classic symphonic metal
5. Einherjer - North Star: Viking time!
6. Empyrium - Über den Sternen: German doom metal
7. Nightfall - At Night We Prey: Death/doom metal from Greece. Pretty heavy stuff.
8. Pharaoh - The Powers That Be: American power metal
9. Tribulation - Where the Gloom Becomes Sound: Death/thrash metal
10. Wheel - Preserved in Time: German doom metal

A system of cells interlinked
This is a good a place as any to share my favorite heavy metal albums of 2021 so far. Feel free to share yours as well.

3. Harakiri for the Sky - Maere: Melodic black metal in same vein as Alcest, but heavier
7. Nightfall - At Night We Prey: Death/doom metal from Greece. Pretty heavy stuff.
Check out Iotunn's Access All Worlds...

I haven't found an album this year that's hit me really hard. I've heard (or just know the band, and don't really like 'em) all of the above. There are decent albums on the list but nothing I see myself listening to over and over.

I haven't found an album this year that's hit me really hard. I've heard (or just know the band, and don't really like 'em) all of the above. There are decent albums on the list but nothing I see myself listening to over and over.
Except for my top 4, I pretty much agree. I don't think I've rated anything more than 4 out of 5 yet this year. Hopefully, Deafheaven, Leprous and Rage's upcoming albums will exceed expectations.

@Torgo - One of the best tunes of the year is Another World from that Gojira record you listed... I think I need to give that record another spin today!

@Torgo - One of the best tunes of the year is Another World from that Gojira record you listed... I think I need to give that record another spin today!
It is! That's the track that made me go "hook it to my veins!" and listen to the rest of the album. I'm surprised because I've listened to some of their other songs and seen them live, but they've never done much for me. Granted, I've only listened to their album L'enfant Sauvage.

It is! That's the track that made me go "hook it to my veins!" and listen to the rest of the album. I'm surprised because I've listened to some of their other songs and seen them live, but they've never done much for me. Granted, I've only listened to their album L'enfant Sauvage.
Magma has some good stuff on it as well, but like you, I have never been a huge Gojira person.

I stumbled upon Lovebites the other night, and I see they've only gotten a brief mention on page one of this thread.

I can't say they've converted me to Power Metal but I have to admit I was into some of the riffage and the guitarists are definitely skilled, although shredding isn't really my thing. It's excessively nerdy but that does not seem to be an issue for fans of this subgenre.

So what do you nerds think about Lovebites?

I stumbled upon Lovebites the other night, and I see they've only gotten a brief mention on page one of this thread.

I can't say they've converted me to Power Metal but I have to admit I was into some of the riffage and the guitarists are definitely skilled, although shredding isn't really my thing. It's excessively nerdy but that does not seem to be an issue for fans of this subgenre.

So what do you nerds think about Lovebites?

Typical power metal but very talented. I don't see them reaching any great heights soon, because locally they still have to deal with Galneryus and MinstreliX.

Vandor's On a Moonlit Night, which came out recently, is a very good power metal album.
Here's a video for the first single, Enter Twilight:

Vandor's On a Moonlit Night, which came out recently, is a very good power metal album.
Here's a video for the first single, Enter Twilight:

I'll check that out in after I give you this rec. A rearranged version of a jingle in a popular racing game. If you play Smash, you:ll probably be familiar with it. It blew my mind away.

I am just ADDICTED to Sonata Arctica's Silence, especially the track "Black Sheep." This is EVERYTHING a power metal album needs to be: pure melodic heaviness, beautiful solos, perfect balance between the classical and the progressive, and a constant game-changer with structures that rarely repeat themselves. And "Land of the Free" borders on speed metal.