Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Scoring with his hand? You do understand he scored with his hand? Literally? As ball was going wide and he directed it towards goal with his hand? That is handball mate.
Nope - handball is when it is deliberate. You could argue that the rule doesn't deal adequately with this situation, which it doesn't, but according to the laws of the game that was a goal.

Also, calm down

The thing is, if it wasn't for his hand, he wouldn't have scored. So, to me it's a well disallowed goal.
I understand what you are saying and you are highlighting the problem with the rule but the rules say nothing about what would have happened if it didn't hit his hand. I think what you are saying should be part of the rule - but it isn't.

Anyway, doesn't really matter. Must say it didn't help Neymar's case that he promptly lied about it by motioning that it had hit his shoulder

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Nope - handball is when it is deliberate. You could argue that the rule doesn't deal adequately with this situation, which it doesn't, but according to the laws of the game that was a goal.

Also, calm down
Mate, could you copy-paste rules? Or give the link to them? Because I'm sure they apply differently to different situation, its not only when its deliberate and not in all situations.

This article discusses the rule along with the current interpretation - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...nt/4524354.stm

This is a PDF from FIFA that describes that it has to be deliberate and outlines what needs to be taken into account - http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afde...t_en_47379.pdf

This is why people get so frustrated at referees I agree that what happened probably shouldn't be a goal but according to the rules it really should be and this ambiguity leads to frustration. If that happened to Juventus there would be plenty of your fellow supporters agreeing with me and as the rules are written they would be justifiably annoyed.

As I said earlier, the rules aren't applied properly because there'd be chaos if they were. Can you imagine that first weekend when they start giving penalties for pulling shirts or holding in the penalty area? The reason people fall down without the need to fall down is because it forces the referee to make a decision. Same as when you see a player grab the ball when they're on the ground. They think they've been fouled and they're forcing the officials to make a decision. More often than not the ref seems to give it their way but wasn't looking like he was going to.

IMO, most of the stuff which Khan (and most people) don't like with the falling over, going down easily, etc comes because refs won't enforce these laws. By extension, if the players didn't do these things (pulling shirts, holding, etc which is gaining an unfair advantage lets not forget) then the refs wouldn't have a decision to make anyway.

Top 100 Transfer Values, Lionel Messi Exceeds $300M, Cristiano Ronaldo's value Falls

Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is now worth less than Chelsea's Eden Hazard in terms of transfer value, according to a new study from the Football Observatory of the International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES).

Barcelona's Lionel Messi remains the most valuable player inside the top 100, with youngsters such as Liverpool's Raheem Sterling and Juventus' Paul Pogba now considered among the most valuable transfer commodities in football.

We can expect the likes of Hazard, Sterling and Pogba to continue rising in value over the coming seasons. Transfer prices are becoming increasingly inflated—hence why Gareth Bale cost more in 2013 than Ronaldo did in 2009—a trend that is likely to continue.

1. Messi - 288 ml
2. Hazard - 151 ml
3. Cristina - 127 ml
4. Neymer 101 ml
6. Sterling 83 ml
7. Pogba 79 ml
9. Sanchez 76 ml
12. Griezmann 66 ml

Well Serbia just became World Champion for U20... I can't express myself at the moment, I cried and then screamed and then I laughed... A lot. And tonight, well tonight we are going to drink, and then cry and laugh a little more! We were never nothing special in football, we are one of the best in basketball, handball, volleyball and so on... This is just amazing!

"Sing Serbia land of heroes!
Sing Serbia land of battles!
Sing Serbia louder and stronger!
Sing Serbia you cried enough!"

It was a great win from what little I read. Last minute of extra time wasn't it? Must've been incredibly thrilling. Congrats to the Serbs!

As you won, I'm sure you won't mind me posting the wonderful goal that Brazil scored against you. That's United's Andreas Pereira, BTW.

Thanks HK, yea it was very thrilling and I don't mind.

I'm just sad these kids will probably never have anything even close to this in main squad, our FA is retarded, we had ****** manager after ****** manager, when we get a good one they ruin it because they have deals with managers to play their players. Just look at our A squad. But never mind that, we have best kids in the world!

Good win for England women yesterday at the Women's World Cup. Cracking goal to win it, too. I liked that we spent the last 6 or 7 minutes playing into the corners, too. It's about time.

Lots of talk about Sergio Ramos and Bastian Schweinsteiger coming to United. Anyone actually think this will happen? I can't believe the deal they're talking about for Ramos. De Gea plus money? I wouldn't be happy with a straight swap, let alone plus money. Add on his, what I'm sure are insane, wages and you can probably add another £8m-£10m a year onto the deal. Does anyone think Ramos is worth that? Apart from him and his agent, of course.

Arsenal might finally be getting the top four keeper they've needed for the past 12 or so years. It always take me aback to think just how negligent Wenger has been in that area for so long.

Lots of talk about Sergio Ramos and Bastian Schweinsteiger coming to United. Anyone actually think this will happen? I can't believe the deal they're talking about for Ramos. De Gea plus money? I wouldn't be happy with a straight swap, let alone plus money. Add on his, what I'm sure are insane, wages and you can probably add another £8m-£10m a year onto the deal. Does anyone think Ramos is worth that? Apart from him and his agent, of course.
I don't think so, he is ok player, but not that special, you could find much better for a lot less money/wages.

Arsenal might finally be getting the top four keeper they've needed for the past 12 or so years. It always take me aback to think just how negligent Wenger has been in that area for so long.
Not only that area, I felt sorry for them for a while, then they kept doing bad transfers year after year, so its funny now. I would in all honesty love to see strong Arsenal, would make the league a lot better.

I don't think so, he is ok player, but not that special, you could find much better for a lot less money/wages.
I completely agree. I'm aware that I have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to defenders (mainly because I like them to defend) but I really don't see what makes him a top defender other than playing for Real.

Not only that area, I felt sorry for them for a while, then they kept doing bad transfers year after year, so its funny now.
Whilst I'd probably agree, at least some/most of these transfers/lack of signings were down to Wenger's philosophy and the type of players he wanted. A good keeper is a good keeper. Unless you're looking to play some kind of sweeper/keeper (which he never has) then they have the same attributes that you want. I didn't think Lehman was good enough, but he's of Cech's calibre compared to what they've had since.

Add to that he is 29 going on 30, and I think someone like Otamendi would be a better choice for United. Plus, there are reports in Spain that he is just using United as leverage to get a larger contract with Madrid. I find it hard to see him leaving them.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Otamendi is not that good, not for a team like ManUn. I say this because he played in FCPorto for some seasons. He's good only on FM.

Add to that he is 29 going on 30, and I think someone like Otamendi would be a better choice for United. Plus, there are reports in Spain that he is just using United as leverage to get a larger contract with Madrid. I find it hard to see him leaving them.
That's the feeling over here, too. He's done it before and it's quite possible that Schweinsteiger, though there has been some talk of him not being entirely happy at Bayern. Probably over pay, though. I don't expect either to show up at United, but I think Ramos is less likely.

Otamendi has been linked with United for a few years now, since his time at Porto, and is being so again. I think it was more likely when Fergie was in charge though if there's no one else we can get I expect to see him at OT.

Matteo Darmian is due to have a medical at United before a move. £12.7m was the figure I saw being put out there a couple of days ago but there's no mention of it in the article on the BBC website. Also talk of Otamendi coming too.

Still waiting to see what happens with De Gea, but as we're off to the States on Monday it's possible something might be done over the weekend and there's talk of Untied and Spurs talking about Lloris

Southampton said they turned down a £20m bid from United for Schneiderlin. I'd expect United to come back with a bigger offer. Somewhere around £25m, though there are rumours that Schneiderlin would rather go to Arsenal. Makes sense, seeing as he's French. It'd be a shame, though. As those who've read these pages over the years will know I'm a big fan of Schneiderlin and he's someone I've wanted at United for 2 or 3 seasons now.

I seem to be getting my wish with van Persie said to be going to Galatasaray. There are some rumours that he wants United to pay up his contract before he'll move, despite Galatasaray being prepared to match his wages (said to be £240,000 a week).