A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

This is clearly all Stu's fault. Can you imagine having the terror of seeing a constant stream of Stu PMs for two straight months? One insufferable inanity after another? Like George Costanza trying to park cars. One petty question after another helpless inquiry? Would anyone trust Stu to run a site after that? No, Evil was right when, as soon as he learned about Stu's mod powers, he predicted the site was soon doomed to heat death.
Poor Stu. Truly a modern day Constantine XI Palaiologos.

Poor Stu. Truly a modern day Constantine XI Palaiologos.
He was also a virgin, right? To be honest, my only problem with Stu The Mod was his decision to censor Macrology's 'Learning To See' thread, one of the very best on Corrie (and I believe Mac said he had backed-up). That was just truly unconscionably prickish/priggish.

Same here. Our reception at Corrie was "UGH, who are all these new people?" but here it was "Yay, who are all these new people?"
Yeah partly why I took to this place so easily. It felt like old school RT in many ways, including the welcoming atmosphere.

And you guys know Stu posts in this thread right? Lol

And you guys know Stu posts in this thread right? Lol
All too well.

While we're reminiscing, what was that forum we joined (I think one of the times RT glitched but before the big sleep) which most of us got promptly banned from? RLM?

The corrie was basically dead by the time we joined, right? In the last few months, nearly all the movie discussion took place in the Last Film You Watched thread.

I prefer this one for the activity, but I do miss the good ol' RT forums, where there was only General Discussion to visit. I don't know which section to visit here!

Also it's almost the tenth year of me being on these boards. Gee willickers.

While we're reminiscing, what was that forum we joined (I think one of the times RT glitched but before the big sleep) which most of us got promptly banned from? RLM?
That must have been before 2011, right? I remember Kateland as an alternative, but no other.

A handful of us ended up at RLM about seven years ago. At least until nearly every one of us got banned within a couple of hours (somehow not me though lol). The people there were particularly wretched and unwelcoming.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure that IHOP troll followed us there after we got banned and eventually caused that entire board to get shut down. Kind of a perfect collision of negative internet forces blotting eachother out. Poetry.

Here's a link in Reddit discussing it, that I stumbled upon a few months ago. IHOP shows up a few comments in, taking credit for being the master troll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterMe...the_rlm_forum/
Definitely the writings of a very sane and cool person.

You know, I sort of felt like I (and the game) was partially responsible for the shutdown. Some of you were PM-ing me your answers and I wasn't receiving them in my inbox, so I tried contacting the Bear guy to ask him about it, with no response. So I asked Stu to intervene on my behalf and later that night is when the "this site is closing soon" alert showed up. I wondered at the time if the PM issues were just the final straw that led him to decide the whole thing was too much of a hassle.
I don't remember if I ever asked Stu about that, but I couldn't help feeling like it was related.
Epi never bothered to confirm the issue with the PMs was related to his decision to close the place when I asked him, but the timing of it all was way too suspicious to (likely) be a coincidence, if you ask me. Oh well, though.
I talked with Bear only once via dms. He seemed nice then, but yeah, I guess that wasn't the case if he was rude to a couple of you guys.
He could have a bit of an attitude at times in the earlier days of the Corrie, but I'd like to think he had mellowed out later on, considering that, even though we had had some drama in previous years, he obviously still ended up modding me anyway; I like to think that he kept on eye on my positive contributions to the place for the last couple of years (including my reviews), and decided to do it as a result, even though there were a number of other worthy candidates still there (I mean, we all think DaMU would've made for a strong mod, right?).
He was also a virgin, right? To be honest, my only problem with Stu The Mod was his decision to censor Macrology's 'Learning To See' thread, one of the very best on Corrie (and I believe Mac said he had backed-up). That was just truly unconscionably prickish/priggish.
The only regret I have about that is that I wasn't able to do it (or something similar) years earlier than I did.

Heh. We all have a movie we love that make others give us a bit of side eye
Just so you know, he was being (extremely) sarcastic about that.

Also, the deets meme Stu posted in the YMCA thread might just be the cringiest thing I've ever seen in any forum.
But it's such a fun GIF!:

Also, speaking of DaMU, can we agree that, out of all the Corrie-ers who were still posting at the end who haven't made the leap to this place yet, his absence is the most disappointing one at the moment?

Here's a link in Reddit discussing it, that I stumbled upon a few months ago. IHOP shows up a few comments in, taking credit for being the master troll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterMe...the_rlm_forum/
The most magnificent thing about this is reading the whole thing (pangs of Harrycarrybigfoot, anyone?), reaching the end… and seeing a -1 karma on it.

Like… barely anyone gave him the time but just a few let him know it wasn’t worth it. Beautiful.

Also, speaking of DaMU, can we agree that, out of all the Corrie-ers who were still posting at the end who haven't made the leap to this place yet, his absence is the most disappointing one at the moment?

I still chat with DaMU with some regularity on the book of faces and didn’t realize he wasn’t posting here too. I was like “I JUST talked with him about some nonsense” only to realize it was in the land of “why are we using our real names?!?!”