Christmas Movie Collection

Tools    

CHRISTMAS MOVIE COLLECTION

I'm not sure if there is a similar thread but I've always felt that there just aren't enough Christmas movies. By Christmas movies I mean: movies that represent a good Christmas vibe. For example, "Lethal Weapon" isn't a holiday flick exclusively, but it does center around the season and has a decent atmosphere with trees and lights. "Die Hard" is another. Then you have themed Christmas films like "A Christmas Story", "White Christmas", "Jingle all the Way". Frankly, I don't particularly care for "A Christmas Story" and I usually skip watching it around the holidays. That's not to say it isn't a classic, but I'm sick of it, and if there were more movies that were Christmas oriented, we wouldn't have to count on "A Christmas Story" as much, and that'd be fine by me.

I'm looking for a list of movies proper for Christmas. Some criteria might be;
- embraces the spirit of Christmas even if violent action may be taking place. Lights, trees, music, carolers, etc. Is there an overlooked comedy that may encompass Christmas well? Christmas Ambiance.

I'll start a list and would love if a MoFo could help add to it so everyone can enjoy some new films this holiday season.

- Funny Farm
- The War of the Roses
- Gremlins
- Christmas Vacation
- Home Alone

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Deck the Halls

lol there is a street 2 minutes down the road just like this one.

I'm sorry, but I cannot even think about Christmas on a 90 degrees August day.

Bump

CHRISTMAS MOVIE COLLECTION

I'm not sure if there is a similar thread but I've always felt that there just aren't enough Christmas movies. By Christmas movies I mean: movies that represent a good Christmas vibe. For example, "Lethal Weapon" isn't a holiday flick exclusively, but it does center around the season and has a decent atmosphere with trees and lights. "Die Hard" is another. Then you have themed Christmas films like "A Christmas Story", "White Christmas", "Jingle all the Way". Frankly, I don't particularly care for "A Christmas Story" and I usually skip watching it around the holidays. That's not to say it isn't a classic, but I'm sick of it, and if there were more movies that were Christmas oriented, we wouldn't have to count on "A Christmas Story" as much, and that'd be fine by me.

I'm looking for a list of movies proper for Christmas. Some criteria might be;
- embraces the spirit of Christmas even if violent action may be taking place. Lights, trees, music, carolers, etc. Is there an overlooked comedy that may encompass Christmas well? Christmas Ambiance.

I'll start a list and would love if a MoFo could help add to it so everyone can enjoy some new films this holiday season.

- Funny Farm
- The War of the Roses
- Gremlins
- Christmas Vacation
- Home Alone

The Muppets Christmas Carol is a classic ��������