Sequels That Should Never Have Been Made

Tools    

Dead Man's Chest and At World's End are awesome man
I thought At World's End was forgettable, but Dead Man's Chest was arguably better than the first movie.

I personally think jurassic park 4 (Or whatever it's name was) should never have been made. It ruined an amazing franchise with the weak-ass storyline and the stolen dinosaurs. The only good thing in that film were the references to the previous films..

cruel intentions 2 & 3
i know what you did last summer 2 & 3
scream 4
dirty dancing 2
american phsyco 2
basic instinct 2

at the top of my head
They made a second dirty dancing? Wow, I never knew... I suppose this one doesn't feature any of the original cast?

I personally think jurassic park 4 (Or whatever it's name was) should never have been made. It ruined an amazing franchise with the weak-ass storyline and the stolen dinosaurs. The only good thing in that film were the references to the previous films..
Naw, Jurassic World had some cool newish stuff in it.

Also: Hi!

Steven Moffat's already plotting after your post:

I'm so sorry, I came to your reply a week late!

Interesting that "the Moff" is using a Palpatine line.

Zoolander 2
Home Alone 3
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Ace Ventura Pet Detective Jr.
The Karate Kid
Dumb & Dumber To
The Huntsman: Winters War

cruel intentions 2 & 3
scream 4
dirty dancing 2
american phsyco 2
basic instinct 2

at the top of my head
Oh my gosh! I had no ideas these movies even existed, and Im glad.

At the risk of beating this one to death, I sure wish Batman Returns was never made. It seemed to me like Burton was going for a dark movie version of the kooky 60s TV show.

They made a second dirty dancing? Wow, I never knew... I suppose this one doesn't feature any of the original cast?

Patrick swayze makes a cameo as a dance teacher.
i guess its a cosy kinda chickflick but there was just way too much bad acting for me to enjoy it.
i think its called dirty dancing 2-havana nights. but not a 100% sure

Naw, Jurassic World had some cool newish stuff in it.

Also: Hi!
Hi!

I have a lot of friends that would agree with you on that! It's just that I really love the other movies (Especially the first one), and maybe some Goldblum-related nostalgia was in the way of me enjoying this one. My main problem was the storyline though..

Patrick swayze makes a cameo as a dance teacher.
i guess its a cosy kinda chickflick but there was just way too much bad acting for me to enjoy it.
i think its called dirty dancing 2-havana nights. but not a 100% sure
I just watched the trailer and some clips and yeah, it looks very sequel-y (If that makes sense ) Patrick Swayze's cameo looks lovely though, he aged quite well I think. (I think he died about 2 years after this film came out though.)

Hi!

I have a lot of friends that would agree with you on that! It's just that I really love the other movies (Especially the first one), and maybe some Goldblum-related nostalgia was in the way of me enjoying this one. My main problem was the storyline though..
Oh yeah, first one's still better, I even think JP2 was better, Jurassic World had some boring stretches and friggen awful characters, but there were still memorable highlights (particularly the ending).

At best it was Jurassic Park turned up to 11. At worst it was Terra Nova drama.

Make a better place
Zoolaner 2

Watched it 2 days ago, terrible

Fright Night 2, The Son Of The Mask, The Amazing Spiderman 2, Men In Black 2...

another 48hrs, this one shouldn't have been made at all.

cruel intentions 2 & 3
scream 4
dirty dancing 2
american phsyco 2
basic instinct 2

at the top of my head
The sequels to cruel intentions were so unnecessary but I would go as far as to say that Cruel intentions should of never been made because it was a rip-off of dangerous liaison's which is a far better film

The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
The Matrix Revolutions (2003)

They probably released both sequels in such a short time to make as much money as possible.

The sequels to cruel intentions were so unnecessary but I would go as far as to say that Cruel intentions should of never been made because it was a rip-off of dangerous liaison's which is a far better film

true! but cruel intentions is more of a teen movie whilst dangerous liaisons is more of an adult take on it.

i quite like cruel intentions,mostly because of the main cast.

also after the battle royle discussion i have to add
Battle Royale 2.
also the grudge 2 (and 1 really..)

Welcome to the human race...
point break terrible sequel
I thought it was a remake, not a sequel.

The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
The Matrix Revolutions (2003)

They probably released both sequels in such a short time to make as much money as possible.
If it's going to be one story in two parts (especially to a film that was as huge a hit as The Matrix) then they might as well make both films at once and release them within a few months of each other rather than drag things out unnecessarily. That's sort of the same logic that happened with the Back to the Future sequels.

also after the battle royle discussion i have to add
Battle Royale 2.
Maybe. Seeing it be brought up again has made me reconsider whether or not it's really that bad, but I do concede that it doesn't feel particularly essential.