Lets Talk Football

Tools    

I was hoping that Juventus can surprise, but Barca was much better and deserved to win...

Please, Barca pissed all over them. Juve were more than good enough to make it interesting now and then, but outside of the first 2 minutes and about 15-20 minutes in the second half (when they scored) Barca were all over them and should've won by more. I was really hoping for a Juve win (as I think most neutrals were) but that seemed even more highly unlikely after 4 minutes. The way Juve were playing, especially in defence, it could've been Germany/Brazil after 20 minutes.

I'm with Neiba and his opinion of Vidal. WTH was happening there. The ref should've sent him off and had it not been Juve in a final, he probably would've. At least he got his head back and was able to play, but he shouldn't have been on the pitch by then.

The goal shouldn't have been disallowed for handball, either. Though if, as was suggested, the officials didn't see the header, then at least I can understand why it wasn't given.

Lastly, every time I see Pogba play I feel sad inside. I couldn't understand why Fergie didn't play him (or at least let him know he'd play) when we let him go, but seeing him now is just painful. Not only a good player who'll probably become a great, but exactly one of the players that United have need.

Please, Barca pissed all over them. Juve were more than good enough to make it interesting now and then, but outside of the first 2 minutes and about 15-20 minutes in the second half (when they scored) Barca were all over them and should've won by more. I was really hoping for a Juve win (as I think most neutrals were) but that seemed even more highly unlikely after 4 minutes. The way Juve were playing, especially in defence, it could've been Germany/Brazil after 20 minutes.
Pissed all over them? Far from it. This Barca team is far from great honestly, I found way too many flaws in their team. This is pretty much the same Barca, in that they always struggle under pressure + their team this season was just not really that spectacular.

I also thought that for the most part Juve read the game brilliantly. I agree about their defence, their positioning in Rakitic's goal in particular was atrocious (just look at how much space he had, at least three defenders were way behind just standing there like utter morons, which should never happen in a CL final) but a repeat of Germany-Brazil? Lol no. After Morata's goal Juve could have easily won it. Juve disappointed me with their defence a little, they really should have parked the bus at times. But other than that I have no complaints about their performance. I think they deserved extra time at the very least.

I'm seriously not worried about this Barca team. Mourinho can beat this Barca side by parking ze bus pretty easily.

Congratulations to Barcelona on winning their 5th European Cup. Also completed the treble. Disappointed that Juventus didn't win, but Barça was the better team. On to next season!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Pissed all over them? Far from it. This Barca team is far from great honestly, I found way too many flaws in their team. This is pretty much the same Barca, in that they always struggle under pressure + their team this season was just not really that spectacular.

I also thought that for the most part Juve read the game brilliantly. I agree about their defence, their positioning in Rakitic's goal in particular was atrocious (just look at how much space he had, at least three defenders were way behind just standing there like utter morons, which should never happen in a CL final) but a repeat of Germany-Brazil? Lol no. After Morata's goal Juve could have easily won it. Juve disappointed me with their defence a little, they really should have parked the bus at times. But other than that I have no complaints about their performance. I think they deserved extra time at the very least.

I'm seriously not worried about this Barca team. Mourinho can beat this Barca side by parking ze bus pretty easily.
Whaat? The amount of goals Barca missed could really made Juve lose by a lot, just because The Vecchia Signora had good 15 minutes, they could have won easily? oO come on!

And Mourinho didn't beat PSG playing with 10, how could he have beat this Barca???

Whaat? The amount of goals Barca missed could really made Juve lose by a lot, just because The Vecchia Signora had good 15 minutes, they could have won easily? oO come on!

And Mourinho didn't beat PSG playing with 10, how could he have beat this Barca???
A good 15 minutes is enough to win you a final. Ask honeykid (for United two or three minutes is all it took). Not to mention that Chelsea beat Bayern at the Allianz with like two shots on goal in total, while Bayern had something like 32. Atletico very nearly beat Real too last year, despite Real's domination.

Mourinho failed to beat PSG playing with ten men but the preparation and motivation for Barca would be on a whole 'nother level. Not to mention that Barca have failed to win against Chelsea in their last 6 meetings + Mourinho knocked Barca out with Inter and then beat them with Real in the title race. Mourinho + Chelsea = Barca meltdown

If good 15 minutes are enough to win a final, then great 75 minutes are better, and Barca deserved completely the result, including the third goal.
Yeah, but this Barca banalized Bayern in a way I never saw another team do... And Mourinho won the title race? He was there for 3 seasons, he just won 1, and on the first one he was humilliated with 5-0 against Barca. So, it's not that simple. Besides, to prove your point, Chelsea would have needed to get to the finals, and guess what, they didn't and Barca did.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Are you serious here? Pissed all over them? I thought on 1-1 Juve was denied clear penalty, huh... Should have won by more? In what universe? You think every chance = goal? Or you mean possession=goal? Comparing this to Germany/Brazil is a nonsense.

I'm with Neiba and his opinion of Vidal. WTH was happening there. The ref should've sent him off and had it not been Juve in a final, he probably would've. At least he got his head back and was able to play, but he shouldn't have been on the pitch by then.
Out all of those fouls, maybe 2 of them were really fouls and none of them for yellow, its just modern football I guess and Barca in general, fall down->cry a lot->pretend you are in pain.

The goal shouldn't have been disallowed for handball, either. Though if, as was suggested, the officials didn't see the header, then at least I can understand why it wasn't given.
What!? He scored with his hand, ball was going wide and he scored perfectly with hand, changing direction of ball totally... Also, you ofc failed to see penalty on Pogba? Well, maybe in handball Neymar goal would be regular.

I'm not saying this Barca team is great (I think last night was the most I've watched them this season) and it's certainly not perfect. It's not as good as the 09/10 team IMO, but they were in charge for the majority of this game. Simply because a team (any team) can or does win a game doesn't mean they played well. On that I agree completely. I can remember United beating Everton 1-0 without registering a shot on target (as Everton scored an own goal), sometimes you get lucky. But Barca could've been 3 or 4 up in the first 15 minutes and should've scored at least another couple in the second half. Football's all about opinions, as we all know, but from where I was sitting with the exception of about 15 minutes or so, Barca didn't even look ruffled, let alone dominated.

Like you, I'm surprised that Juve played as much as they did, though maybe the early goal changed their minds? But this more counter attacking Barca just showed Juve how to play it and made devastating breaks time after time which Juve were either lucky to get away with or were forced to make a fantastic save or tackle. I felt it was far more often the former than the latter, though.

There's some ridiculous transfer news over here today. Harry Kane to United.... For £50m.... Plus Javier Hernandez, Nani and Adnan Januzaj. Even if I was confident of my info I'd think twice before filing that story.

Slightly more likely is Karim Benzema to United as a way of easing De Gea to Real. There's been rumours of Benzema leaving this summer for a while now and I doubt the arrival of Benitez will prevent it if the board decide to get rid.

Talk of Jackson Martinez going to Arsenal over the last week or two. Before the figures reported have been stupidly low, IMO, but today the number is £25.7m, which looks far more likely. Thoughts Neiba? What are the rumours over there?

Are you serious here? Pissed all over them? I thought on 1-1 Juve was denied clear penalty, huh... Should have won by more? In what universe? You think every chance = goal? Or you mean possession=goal? Comparing this to Germany/Brazil is a nonsense.
I said having played as they did in that first 15 minutes it could've been Germany/Brazil. Juve looked like a team who'd lost their heads. Had they scored more in that 15 minutes it could've been like Germany/Brazil.

Do you mean the foul on Pogba for the penalty? If so, then I thought it was a foul but it was outside the box. But in the replay it actually looks like it might've been a good tackle. What the ref saw I don't know, of course, but if that is the incident you're talking about, then wasn't a penalty.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying in any way that Juve didn't have chances to win or that they played badly or that it was a bad game. I'm not a Barca fan and was really hoping that Juve would overturn the odds and win, but I can't understand how anyone could watch that and not see anything other than Barca bossing the game for the majority of it.

Out all of those fouls, maybe 2 of them were really fouls and none of them for yellow, its just modern football I guess and Barca in general, fall down->cry a lot->pretend you are in pain.
It's just modern football? I agree. What year was the game you watched played in? I was watching a modern game of football and, in that game, he was lucky to stay on the field.

What!? He scored with his hand, ball was going wide and he scored perfectly with hand, changing direction of ball totally... Also, you ofc failed to see penalty on Pogba? Well, maybe in handball Neymar goal would be regular.
Hand ball has to be deemed intentional. Whether the ball hits the hand/arm isn't the point. It hit his hand. No question about that. Did he mean to head it onto his hand to score? No, of course not. That's the law of the game. You might not like it (I don't) but they are supposed to play to them. If the officials think that he meant to do that, then it's handball. If not, it isn't and the goal should stand.

Here I have to disagree... I don't know how it is in Italy, but in the rest of the world the first 2 fouls Vidal made are both for yellow card! If the referree wasn't to afraid to send off a player on a CL final so soon, he would have been sent off after 10 minutes on the field.

There is a penalty on Pogba on the second half, I agree with you. But there's also one against Juve on the first half, for handball. And Neymar goal was well disallowed, IMO.
I mean, it wasn't intentional, that's right, but he changed the ball course so, that's a foul.

In the meantime, Messi for the 5th Golden Ball!!!!

Talk of Jackson Martinez going to Arsenal over the last week or two. Before the figures reported have been stupidly low, IMO, but today the number is £25.7m, which looks far more likely. Thoughts Neiba? What are the rumours over there?
I believe Porto will only sell JM by his clause, which is 25.7£m, I think. He's not going nowhere for less than that!
The alternative is a deal with Atletico Madrid, including Oliver Torres and some more money, like 15M €. That would be even better!

And Neymar goal was well disallowed, IMO.
I mean, it wasn't intentional, that's right, but he changed the ball course so, that's a foul.
No. The law states the handball has to be intentional. Most of the handballs that are given shouldn't be but, a bit like fouls, shirt pulls, etc the laws aren't enforced as they're supposed to be because it'd cause havoc.

I believe Porto will only sell JM by his clause, which is 25.7£m, I think. He's not going nowhere for less than that!
The alternative is a deal with Atletico Madrid, including Oliver Torres and some more money, like 15M €. That would be even better!
If that's his buyout clause then it makes sense that's what reason for the price. The rumour over here is that Arsenal are getting involved because the Atletico bid wasn't going ahead. It is Sunday and it's the summer, so all that could quite easily be complete bollocks.

I haven't read all the posts in here, but I agree with HK it seems. What are you guys talking about. Barca were by far the better team, Juventus played too slow and made it boring, when they tried to attack they were ripped to shreds by the intensity of Barca's counter attacking football. Only going to be one winner in that game, I knew that after five minutes.

Khan, no offense but a lot of what you are saying sounds like sour grapes. The type of reaction I would have made about five years ago, now I just accept the better team and respect all teams even if I dislike them. Juventus were by far the dirtier team too, and Suarez' acting is over exagerrated.

Respect what? Acting? Pretending to be in pain? I have this opinion on them all my life, no matter do they play against Celta, Juve or Racing... I can't look at someone's skill when he is a dick who acts all the time, Neymar the Dolphin. Suarez bit 3 people ffs, **** is a ****, no matter his skills...

Not sure what Juventus you've been watching over the years if you are losing it about players from other teams play acting. I agree with your point but Juventus have been front and centre of that behaviour for a long time. Even when Del Piero came to Australia he couldn't help falling over during the pre-game handshake it was so part of his mindset.

Barcelona were deserving winners and could have won by more - fortunately it didn't get embarrassing. Neymar's goal should not have been disallowed. The law says "deliberate" and that obviously wasn't. Even using the current "interpretation" of the law it still should have stood - what he was doing was "natural" and his hand wasn't in a strange position. Therefore it's play on.

Pogba may have deserved a penalty, although I don't think he did, but Barcelona were still so much in control that it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Barcelona were deserving winners and could have won by more - fortunately it didn't get embarrassing. Neymar's goal should not have been disallowed. The law says "deliberate" and that obviously wasn't. Even using the current "interpretation" of the law it still should have stood - what he was doing was "natural" and his hand wasn't in a strange position. Therefore it's play on.
Scoring with your hands is never allowed. Even if it's not deliberate. The hand touch also completely changed the direction of the ball. He didn't get a card, because it obviously wasn't intentional, but the goal doesn't count.

Barca was by far the better team, though. No question.

Scoring with your hands is never allowed. Even if it's not deliberate. The hand touch also completely changed the direction of the ball. He didn't get a card, because it obviously wasn't intentional, but the goal doesn't count.
Which rule did it break?

Which rule did it break?
Scoring with his hand? You do understand he scored with his hand? Literally? As ball was going wide and he directed it towards goal with his hand? That is handball mate. You don't look at intentional or not intentional when someone scores with his hand. You look at ball when someone shots at you from close range for example, not when idio... Neymar kicks ball at his own hand and scores with his hand.