Directed By Women Countdown?

Tools    

Ok, I'll defer on this until such point as a decision on their inclusion/exclusion has been made. Personally I'd be in favour of their inclusion but will abide either way.

I just want to say if co-directed end up counting don't forget about American Splendor Mofos. I think I love this film more than anyone but I also feel most here would enjoy it enough to make their list.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Besides, if there's not likely to be a significant difference between the two lists then it shouldn't be that much trouble to make them.
It's not that it will be trouble to make two lists, I just don't understand how it will work points-wise.

A few more directors I don't think anyone mentioned yet in this thread: Mira Nair, Lynn Shelton and Lorraine Lévy.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Unless Scorsese or someone comes out as transgender, I'm going to have to watch a butt-load (or, in this case, a vagina-load) of films to put together a decent top 25.
This makes me think women don't have butts.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I was wondering what the ruling would be for anthology-type films, but I reckon there needs to be some semblance of balance there, like at least half the directors need to be women or something. At this rate, I'll worry about it on a case-by-case basis - the odds of someone actually voting for Far from Vietnam don't seem especially high.

Yeah, I was wondering what the ruling would be for anthology-type films, but I reckon there needs to be some semblance of balance there, like at least half the directors need to be women or something. At this rate, I'll worry about it on a case-by-case basis - the odds of someone actually voting for Far from Vietnam don't seem especially high.
I think it probably shouldn't count, sorry for bringing up as awkward of a case as possible.

Definitely watching it anyway Varda is my hero, here it is:

Fair enough.

So do I need to make a preliminary thread now or what?
Sorry, missed this. I'd say that'd be a good idea yeah. Probably won't get that much attention til after the holidays but it'll be good to start it early so everyone is aware of the deadline and stuff.

I already have 32 films i'd be happy voting for so i'm sorted. Still want to watch more Varda, Denis and Bigelow, finish Reichardt, Coppola and Arnold, and watch some Akerman. Then random other films that are supposed to be good.