Vote for your Favourite Hitchcock Film!

Tools    

What is your all time favourite Hitch Film?
16.18%
11 votes
The Birds (1963)
26.47%
18 votes
Psycho (1960)
23.53%
16 votes
North by Northwest (1959)
4.41%
3 votes
Vertigo (1958)
0%
0 votes
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
0%
0 votes
To Catch a Thief (1955)
16.18%
11 votes
Rear Window (1954)
4.41%
3 votes
Dial M for Murder (1954)
1.47%
1 votes
Rebecca (1940)
7.35%
5 votes
OTHER (Rope, The 39 Steps, Topaz, Notorious, Marnie, Strangers on a Train etc..)
68 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Lets put a smile on that block
Right i know this has already been done on this forum, maybe once, maybe twice, but Ding dong im doing it again.

The most recent thread on this is so old that the poll is no longer available, and since there are some more recent members here i thought it would be interesting to find out which Hitch film will make the most popular list. For the poll, as you can see ive put most of his best known films on there, but as the limit is 10 ive also put 'other' for any of the films that i could not fit on and for his more unknown films that may want to be voted for. If you select other please post what film it is, and whatever else you vote for post it anyway!

I voted for Psycho. even though i havnt seen all of the films on the list yet, from all the ones i have seen, this is one of my favourites. I equally love The Birds and Vertigo but i think Psycho is basically the calssic, perfect Hitchcock film. Intriguing, scary, visually beautiful, excellant music, brillaint acting and some of the most classic lines from movie history. Maybe im Biast but who cares, i love it.

North by Northwest is my favorite.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
North by Northwest is my favorite.
Thats one of his classics that i havnt seen. Ive got it sitting in front of my TV right now and havnt had the time to watch it yet but it has to be back to the library tomorrow, so you reccommend it?

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Thats one of his classics that i havnt seen. Ive got it sitting in front of my TV right now and havnt had the time to watch it yet but it has to be back to the library tomorrow, so you reccommend it?
Nah, my favorites suck. You won't like it. Return it as if it were diseased.

Also check out The Trouble with Harry and Family Plot. They're both little known by a lot of people, but a couple of great ones. They're serious but comedic as well. I've been told that Rebecca is also one of the best, but alas, I still need to see it for myself. Soon, very soon.

Nah, my favorites suck. You won't like it. Return it as if it were diseased.
Done, Done and Done, i just chucked it out of the window on fire.

ACK! I wasn't serious!
*****! looks like ive gotta change Library's AGAIN

And if theyre anything like the last Library, maybe even phone numbers too! ..............

I basically like all of them... but am going with North by Northwest too...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
Vertigo for me

The Emperor of Ice Cream
North By Northwest

"That wasn't very sporting, using real bullets."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I am having a nervous breakdance
It's been so long since I saw North by Northwest and I don't remember it. But I know that it is often said that it's Hitchcock's best. Anyway, I voted for Rear Window.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
But I know that it is often said that it's Hitchcock's best.
Most people I know cite either Vertigo or Psycho.

Neither, however, is as good as North by Northwest [nor as good as Notorious], even though, admittedly, the latter is probably more deftly constructed.

Vertigo, however, is generally overrated.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Most people I know cite either Vertigo or Psycho.

Neither, however, is as good as North by Northwest [nor as good as Notorious], even though, admittedly, the latter is probably more deftly constructed.
Now when I am having a look at IMDb I see that Rear Window is actually the highest ranking Hitchcock film on 15th place, followed by North by Northwest on 20th and Psycho on 24th.

Vertigo, however, is generally overrated.
Yeah, I think so too.

Oh, and I also like Rope a lot.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Oh, and I also like Rope a lot.
Me too. Rope is fun.

Rear Window has easily been shown on regular television the most often. I think that that may be the case of it always ranking so high. Not to mention it kicks ass!

Go Perry!