Alter ego

Tools    

Hello fans of old sci-fi.
Back in the day (early 80's) i watched a movie which is still in my mind.
i was a litle kid back then so no way of remembering the title.
the story, as i remember it, goes like:
A group of astronauts or explorers traveled to a planet, (i think it was mars, not sure though), strange things started to happen, and an invisible force was present. At the end i remember someone said that it was their alter ego that was causing all the problems.
If this story reminds you something, please share with me the title, im in a search for more than 30 years.

Thank you all in advance.
pppd

Forbidden Planet?

Hi, thanks for the reply, as far as i remember there was no "mad scientist" involved. I've watched the movie and it was not the one I'm searching.

Hmm. Galaxy of Terror perhaps?
Hi, thanks for your reply to my quest.
No, galaxy of terror is a much later movie than the one i look.
i think the movie i look for is from the 50's - 60's

Maybe: Journey to the Seventh Planet (1962) ?
Hi, thank you for the reply,
No its not the 7th planet as well.

Maybe one of these?
The Angry Red Planet (1959)
When Worlds Collide (1951)
Hello, thanks for the reply,
unfortunately none of them.

might be 2001: A Space Odyssey with the obelisk and HAL
Hi, thanks for answering, but no, its not space odysey.

Planet of the Vampires (1965)?

Was it in color?

are you sure it was a film and not an episode of the twilight zone or outer limits. They were quite lengthy for there time and over the years can be thought of as films. Just a thought. As with the first poster I would have gone with Forbidden Planet the only sci fi I am aware of that deals with the Id or alter ego and just happens to be my fave sci fi of all time.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I would have gone with Forbidden Planet the only sci fi I am aware of that deals with the Id or alter ego and just happens to be my fave sci fi of all time.
One of my favorites as well.

"What's a bathing suit?"

are you sure it was a film and not an episode of the twilight zone or outer limits. They were quite lengthy for there time and over the years can be thought of as films. Just a thought. As with the first poster I would have gone with Forbidden Planet the only sci fi I am aware of that deals with the Id or alter ego and just happens to be my fave sci fi of all time.
Skxawng - it's interesting suggestion. "The Outer Limits" - episode "The Invisible Enemy" sounds like
The first manned expedition to Mars finds itself being killed one by one by an alien predator.

Other movie could be: 12 to the Moon (1960) ?

I found a description of user ticklemetorgo from IMDB:
12 astronauts of different cultures and races decide the moon would be a good place to explore, sorry 12 idiots. Sure the movie's heart was in the right place but poorly cast and directed. Manly Ken Clark is back after battling leeches (attack of the giant leeches)as the hunky captain and representative for the USA. He and his well defined area lead a crew to a sound set that is supposed to be the moon, steam, exploding urinal cakes and meteor showers (ok how do you have meteor showers on a world with NO ATMOSPHERE!!) Anyway our crew gets reduced to 7 or 8 folks and a dog (one or two die and two others make out and get an invitation by the invisible aliens to live with them) Anyway to make a way too long story short, our heroes show some humanity to the aliens and give some hope that all of them can be friends in the distant future. Silent film actor Francis X Bushman has a small role in the film as the 800 year old narrator. Great way to end a film career!!

Was it an english-dub/sub? Maybe try Solaris (1972)

Was it color or b/w?
Hi thanks for the answer,

It was not Solaris. i would know if it was in color, at the time we had a b/w tv.

Planet of the Vampires (1965)?

Was it in color?
Hello & thanks, no idea, at the time we had a b/w tv.

Hello & thank you for the reply,
No i'm not sure, it might as well be an episode. I havent thought on that.
thanks for the hint!!

Skxawng - it's interesting suggestion. "The Outer Limits" - episode "The Invisible Enemy" sounds like .

Other movie could be: 12 to the Moon (1960) ?

I found a description of user ticklemetorgo from IMDB:

hello & Thank you so much!
i will check them and let you know.!