What's Your Least Favorite/Most Hated Movie... and Why?

Tools    

I don't know if this exists, search results didn't help much, and I was juggling the idea of "Least Favorite Character", buuut I decided on this.

Same as before, only reversed: brief descriptions encouraged, pictures are a bonus. Naturally, be wary of inevitable disagreement.

When I think of a contemptible, irreconcilably hate-worthy movie, few spring to mind, but none pissed me off as much as...

The Chumscrubber

This "art film" passes itself off as an insightful commentary on the disconnect in communication between teenagers and their parents, especially when it comes to drugs. Exactly WHAT it was actually saying is anybody's guess beyond an extraordinarily shallow and obfuscated portrait of caricatures that do nothing to inform through or criticize the topic at hand. Even calling them caricatures is extremely generous.

Absolutely nothing about this movie works and it's simultaneously infuriating and so hilarious it drove me to tears.

The opening narration is instantly contradicted when "paradise" begins with a drugdealer committing suicide.

The parents never pay attention to the kids even when the kids straight up admit to various crimes directly to their face and because of this, the plot could be resolved within the first 5 minutes of the movie if the kids merely recognized that their parents aren't going to get in their way, which is the inciting conflict in the movie. Logical inconsistencies and plotholes are littered AAALLLLLL over the place, and everything from the editing to the romance (because of course there's a romance) to the dialog is beyond awful.

*stabs little kid in the stomach* Does it hurt?
On top of it all, the movie is DRIPPING in heavy-handed and nonsensically pretentious symbolism that doesn't have any rhyme or reason, from the "Chumscrubber" video game character whose relative purpose or name can hardly be said to incorporate into the story or message at all, to the fact that the closing shot of the movie is long zoom out to show that the entire town is shaped like a dolphin.

( O_O) WWWWWAT!?

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
"Never are dolphins discussed by anyone else to have any meaning whatsoever. [...] What is the significance of the dolphin as an image? [...] it is a completely arbitrary image awkwardly stuffed with forced meaning". Posin saw Hillside's formation of a dolphin shape as "beauty and order to the chaos",
What a ****in' load.

Welcome to the human race...
As soon as I saw this, I thought, "Wait, wasn't there a 'Top 10 Least Favourite Movies' thread a while back?" so I found it and, well, look who started it...

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EYES, I DON'T WANNA FALL ASLEEP CUZ' I'D MISS YOU BABY, AND I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING.

That means that I agree with you, heavily. +1 for bad movie/bad soundtrack

I don't really have many strong opinions in regards to a least favorite, but this one made me pull my hair out and I'm sure nobody else is going to mention it:

As soon as I saw this, I thought, "Wait, wasn't there a 'Top 10 Least Favourite Movies' thread a while back?" so I found it and, well, look who started it...
I know, that was just posting lists though. I wanted to know WHY.

The Kid

- It's awful and I went to see it at the cinema because I was young and stupid. It was also the last night I would ever see my crush at the time again because the family moved away but I have never been more disappointed with something I have paid to see at the cinema as that.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - I understand that there was a writer's strike when this film was made but that's no excuse for the incoherent mess this turned out to be. It's barely watchable.
I've heard the most negativity vaguely directed at that one.

Honestly wasn't interested in seeing the sequels after seeing the first one. Was Revenge the one advertised dinos, but then screwed us out of them? Cause that's a pretty dick move.

I don't really have many strong opinions in regards to a least favorite, but this one made me pull my hair out and I'm sure nobody else is going to mention it:
Never heard of it. What was bad about it?

Kristen Bell looks nice there.

I haven't been able to remember the title for a bit, but the name Béla Tarr jogged my memory recently. It's called The Man from London and although I'm not disputing how good the film looked I found it a terrible struggle to sit through. It was interminable and I wouldn't want to go anywhere near it again.

You know, it's weird. If, hypothetically, I watched something guaranteed to be irredeemably bad as The Eternal Jew, I think I'd be surprised if it got to me worse than other movies I've seen.

It'd be tough to admit I hate something else more, which is so trivial by comparison, but perhaps it's excusable on account that I already expect the worst from it.

Welcome to the human race...
Alright, since I've been struggling to come up with a satisfactory Top Ten for the other thread, here is my current least favourite movie ever...

Housos vs. Authority

Why? My review goes into detail, but in short, it is quite simply one of the most obnoxious and unwatchable excuses for a comedy I've ever seen. Imagine Trailer Park Boys but set in Australia and without any of the charm that Trailer Park Boys has. I mean, just watch that trailer and see if you could handle a hundred minutes of that.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
So, with all this in mind, why would I ever want to watch a feature-length version of a show that I couldn't stand? Well, honestly, it's because Netflix's rating prediction system told me that my probable rating for this movie would be four-and-a-half out of five. I admit that I was intrigued how Netflix would come to that conclusion,
Very interesting choice. I certainly didn't get "satire" from the trailer.

Definitely obnoxious, can't deny that. If the trailer is anything to go by, I can't imagine it bothering me as much as you. Maybe I've just met too many people who think that ****'s funny that I'm desensitized to it. Maybe I just have a particular grudge against pretentious pandering ********. Maybe I'd have to see it to truly understand the depths of it's depravity.

Makes me think how you begrudged Kung Fury a mere
(or is it
?).

One thing's for sure, Airplane! is a masterpiece by comparison.

The biggest pile of steaming turd my eyes have ever had the misfortune of witnessing. I may as well have watched 2 teenagers play Tekken on the Xbox for 2 hours. Utter, utter garbage - that finally flicked the 'off' switch for me as regards superhero movies. Mindnumbing, trite, offensively sterile flotsam. 0/10

Master of My Domain
It's not a great film by any means, but such a choice does make me wonder what the runners-up look like.
I have the same thoughts as you do. IMO there are at least half a dozen superhero films that are worse than The Avengers. Catwoman and that Wolverine prequel I watched on TV while being half-asleep come to mind.