You are how old???

Tools    

Recently while browsing the wiki pages of some of my favorite actors to see their upcoming movies i noticed that most of them are in their 40 or pretty close to it. i had no idea they were that old, and that worries me, how many years of making great movies do they have left?!?!?! ok maybe im over reacting they are not dead yet, but i dont whant to see them like harrison ford in the latest indiana jones, where they are almost 60 and doing lead action roles. Especialy Jeremy Renner who after seeying the hurt locker i think he has alot of potential, all imsaying is 40 is pretty close to 50 and considering movies take about 1 year to film thats not a whole lot. And these guys i think are great actors but have not gotten the attention they deserve.

Nathan Fillion - 38

Guy Pearce - 41
Olivier Martinez - 43
Jeremy Renner - 38
Liev Schreiber - 41
Viggo Mortensen - 50
James Caviezel - 40

BONUS: vin disel - 42 (not one of my favorites but i was surprided at how old he is)

What about you guys any of your favorite action actors getting old???

Welcome to the human race...
What about you guys any of your favorite action actors getting old???

You tell me.

Happy New Year from Philly!
Think of movie stars as being more like golfers and less like ball players and you will realize that they have a much longer shelf life than athletes.

Don't throw stones at me, but there there are other kinds of movies besides action films.

Still it was disturbing to see Stallone trot out Rocky at his age. I thought what is it going to be called Rocky Gets a CAT Scan. At that age, boxers don't box they deal with all the trauma their body has endured.

And don't worry, Hollywood won't run out of action stars. The mothers and fathers of the world will make more.

Welcome to the human race...
To the OP: None of those ages surprise me in the least. How old exactly did you think those people are? And since when is 40 old?
If you're not the same age as a young person, you're old to them. No exceptions.

Iroquois: I'm scarred for life now.

^OMFG I hate that man.

Between the election of that moron and the passing of Prop 8, I must say I'm ashamed of the voters in my state.

I see i stepped on alot of toes and im sorry i dint mean to offend, and i did not say 40 was old, i said its alot of good actors are older than i expected them to be for action stars, most people in their 40 i know are not physicaly active.

To the OP: None of those ages surprise me in the least. How old exactly did you think those people are? And since when is 40 old?
in their early to mid thirties, the one that surprised me the most is Jeremy Renner who looks to be about 25, and you do know the girl in your avatar is 34?

Think of movie stars as being more like golfers and less like ball players and you will realize that they have a much longer shelf life than athletes.
yeah you are rigth i was looking at the ages of some of the older movie stars and how old they were when they breaktrue movie came out.

Bruce willis in die hard was - 33
Arnold in terminator was - 37
Stalone in rocky was - 30
Harrison ford in star wars - 35

That depends. If you're a working actress in Hollywood, then 40 is usually when the phone stops ringing or you start playing the mother to the guy who's about 5 years younger than you.

I can only think of two times when I was suprised by how old an actor/actress was.

James Marsters (born in 1962) though he was in his 40's by the time I found out how old he was.

Stacey Dash (born 1966)

On a reverse note i was surprised to see how young Kate winslet is, she is only 33 but IMO she looks to be in her mid 40s

And Arnold isn't an actor anymore.
Because politicians never act out a part.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
On a reverse note i was surprised to see how young Kate winslet is, she is only 33 but IMO she looks to be in her mid 40s
Are you on some kind of The Reader acid flashback?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Stacey Dash is beautiful.

Rachel McAdams is 30 or something. I thought she was younger.

Suspect's Reviews

I see i stepped on alot of toes and im sorry i dint mean to offend, and i did not say 40 was old, i said its alot of good actors are older than i expected them to be for action stars, most people in their 40 i know are not physicaly active.
Most over 40 people I know are a lot more active than I am and I'm under 30. My boss is pushing 50 but he still does karate and tennis.

in their early to mid thirties, the one that surprised me the most is Jeremy Renner who looks to be about 25, and you do know the girl in your avatar is 34?
I didn't know Sara Gilbert's exact age, but I'm not surprised by it.