Mine are:
1. Cary Grant
Peter O'Toole
Robert Shaw

Was Peter Sellers British?

All that's coming to mind at the moment, but I'll get back

Was Peter Sellers British?
Yes. And don't forget Laurence Olivier.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Ever?

Alec Guinness, followed closely by James Mason.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Defs agree with Daniel Day-Lewis, Michael Caine, Anthony Hopkins and I really like Clive Owen for some reason.
But my absolute favorite is...

Sir Alec Guinness

Its hard to find a bad british actor since so many come from the stage. The best of them all is Anthony Hopkins former understudy of
Laurence Olivier. Hopkins tells of their time on Inside The Actors Studio.

So Hopkins is reading to be Oliviers understudy, and Laurence says "Hold on I need a cigarette. You might be better than me." After
finishing his performance Olivier did relax. In his book Whats It All About Michael Caine said on making Sleuth Olivier inroduced himself
with "Call me Larry". Olivier was a regular guy.

Michael Caines book Whats It All About is the best autobiography Ive ever read in my life. Hes a better storyteller than many writers,
and his life and recall is vast. An incredible read. Anyone wanting to get the feel of the british acting scene during the 60s this is a must
buy. Connery, Moore, Olivier, and the best story was when Caine was O'Tooles understudy. LOL!

Making a difference
Anthony Hopkins
Jude Law

Sir Sean Connery, Sir Ian McKellen & Sir Anthony Hopkins

Knights of the Hollywood table LOL

I wonder who would have been the better Gandalf, Sean Connery or Ian Mckellen.

In his youth Connery would have been perfect to play Aragorn. McKellan is a great Gandalf.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Alec Guinness is easily my top British actor, but I think that Richard Burton's performance in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? is my single top British Male performance. Check these out.

Wow i dint realize that so many great actors where British, some are very good at concealing there accent. i was surprided about Daniel Day-Lewis and gary Oldman.

I wonder who has better actors, the U.S. or Britain, it has to be very close,

Pacino & deniro Vs. Hopkins and Connery or some combination of that would be Epic film

Wow i dint realize that so many great actors where British, some are very good at concealing there accent.
A few more who I've argued with people were British/English when they thought they were from elsewhere (usually America.)

Hugh Laurie

Dominic West

Damien Lewis

Idris Elba

Eamonn Walker

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

Sir Sean Connery, Sir Ian McKellen & Sir Anthony Hopkins

Knights of the Hollywood table LOL

I wonder who would have been the better Gandalf, Sean Connery or Ian Mckellen.
Add Guinness and you my friend are the winner

Although I hate Clockwork, Malcolm McDowell is brilliant. After a quick wiki reference, I was astounded that he in fact was the actor that played the Psychiatrist in Zombie's Halloween remake. I guess you learn something every day