The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
^i agree. i think you'll be kicking yourself in the future if you don't take the time to travel now, because you never know what the future will bring, and you may not have the opportunity to travel like that when you're older. i say, do it while you're still young and single!

Someone needs a hug and a girlfriend
Had both, didn't do much for me.

...uh the post is up there...

maybe its time to try men.
(applauds) a homosexual joke, classy

I was talking about all things in life, not just relationships.

Blobby Gooooo I have a spare room for you to use while here

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Had both, didn't do much for me.
Really? You must have had absolutely no connection with said GF then. 'Cause for me just spending time together helps heal just about any problem.

You ready? You look ready.
I've just recently started talking to my ex again. It's going well, so far.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You're a Genius all the time
Wow, I really respect all of you MoFo's who've been brave (I don't know if that's the right word, but it's close) enough to post about all these difficult situations here. I'm very glad I'm a part (even a minisculely tiny part) of a community like this where people feel safe and comfortable enough to share these kinds of stories. I do wish I had some kind of advice to give any of you, but I really don't. And I also kind of wish I had some sort of horrible problem going on in my own life to post here, but, yeah, I don't. Like blibblobblib, all my problems seem pretty trivial compared to the heaviness other folks have been laying down here.

I did break up with the only person I've ever loved about six months ago and I'm probably never going to see her again because she now lives hundreds upon hundreds of miles away from me. But since I'm the one who more or less ended the relationship and thoroughly broke her heart, I feel way too guilty to feel all that bad about it myself. Breaking up with her was the biggest regret of my life, but right now I'm trying to stop feeling so dang regretful about things. Actually, that is a pretty good piece of advice for any of you MoFo's who want to hear it: Don't have any regrets. If it's in the past, it's in the past and there's nothing you can do about it now. Just move on. I don't know if that applies to anybody's situation here, but I think it's good advice, in general.

And like Mark said, almost everybody's got their fair share of devastating breakups or heart-wrenching relationships or whatever. I'm not smart enough to really know if love is worth all the pain that inevitably goes along with it, but I'd say it probably is.

My life isn't written very well.
aw X 2= sweet!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Wow, I really respect all of you MoFo's who've been brave (I don't know if that's the right word, but it's close) enough to post about all these difficult situations here. I'm very glad I'm a part (even a minisculely tiny part) of a community like this where people feel safe and comfortable enough to share these kinds of stories. I do wish I had some kind of advice to give any of you, but I really don't. And I also kind of wish I had some sort of horrible problem going on in my own life to post here, but, yeah, I don't. Like blibblobblib, all my problems seem pretty trivial compared to the heaviness other folks have been laying down here.

I did break up with the only person I've ever loved about six months ago and I'm probably never going to see her again because she now lives hundreds upon hundreds of miles away from me. But since I'm the one who more or less ended the relationship and thoroughly broke her heart, I feel way too guilty to feel all that bad about it myself. Breaking up with her was the biggest regret of my life, but right now I'm trying to stop feeling so dang regretful about things. Actually, that is a pretty good piece of advice for any of you MoFo's who want to hear it: Don't have any regrets. If it's in the past, it's in the past and there's nothing you can do about it now. Just move on. I don't know if that applies to anybody's situation here, but I think it's good advice, in general.

And like Mark said, almost everybody's got their fair share of devastating breakups or heart-wrenching relationships or whatever. I'm not smart enough to really know if love is worth all the pain that inevitably goes along with it, but I'd say it probably is.
You know, that was a little cornball. I don't mind, though.

Why? Why regret something if it already happened and there's no way to go back and give it another try? Shouldn't you just, you know, live and learn? Unless you have a time machine, I don't think you should regret anything. It'll just bum you out.

I should point out that I'm being very hypocritical in saying this because I regret a lot of things that I've done/haven't done. But, yeah, I've been trying not to.

Why does every talk about regret as if it is optional? It's like asking yourself to not reacting during a reflex test. If we could truly control our own emotions life would be much simpler.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Why? Why regret something if it already happened and there's no way to go back and give it another try? Shouldn't you just, you know, live and learn? Unless you have a time machine, I don't think you should regret anything. It'll just bum you out.

I should point out that I'm being very hypocritical in saying this because I regret a lot of things that I've done/haven't done. But, yeah, I've been trying not to.
Yeh I agree, no regrets.

Originally Posted by FILMFREAK087
Why does every talk about regret as if it is optional? It's like asking yourself to not reacting during a reflex test. If we could truly control our own emotions life would be much simpler.
You know, you are really sounding like a very intelligent person.