Thor

Tools    

Matthew Vaughn is said to be directing, and is to be released in 2010.

...uh the post is up there...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I think a guy like wrestler Triple H could play him. I know wrestlers can't act that much but somebody who looks like him?

what are his powers again? or whats he's deal?
i look forward to some hammer smashing.

all these movies are so far away though....lame
He has the power of the Norse god of thunder, i.e. Superhuman strength, durability, and able to command lightning.

Vladimir would have made an awesome Thor had they filmed it around the same time he was in The 13th Warrior... but the last time I saw him, he was starting to show his age... so I'm not sure about him playing Thor now...

What about Marcus Schenkenberg?

I don't think I've seen any of the movies he's been in, but he does have the look...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sounds more fantasy than science fiction. Dunno how this is going to tie into the rest of the Marvel universe that's being developed...hope they either abstain from tying this one in, or find a way to do so without it feeling, well, goofy. Because my goofometer is off the charts on this one right now.

Well, I admit I have the same thoughts that Hulk and Iron man are more science fiction oriented, and then adding in some mythological element may seem out of place. Although, we are talking about a world where a a rich playboy can be a one man army, and a nerdy scientist transforms into a titanic brute.

In the Beginning...
Vladimir would have made an awesome Thor had they filmed it around the same time he was in The 13th Warrior... but the last time I saw him, he was starting to show his age... so I'm not sure about him playing Thor now...
Agreed, if they go with the more recent "Ultimate" Thor (where he's younger and a little more Bohemian). But I'm not sure his age would hurt him if they opted for the traditional, "having seen many moons" Thor.

More than anything, he's a fairly capable actor (for this anyway), and he's got a very hallowed presence.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
What about Marcus Schenkenberg?

I don't think I've seen any of the movies he's been in, but he does have the look...
Yeah, definitely! He looks quite a bit like Ultimate Thor.

In the Beginning...
Well, I admit I have the same thoughts that Hulk and Iron man are more science fiction oriented, and then adding in some mythological element may seem out of place. Although, we are talking about a world where a a rich playboy can be a one man army, and a nerdy scientist transforms into a titanic brute.
Yeah, but to play Devil's advocate for a moment, Thor is, and always has been, an essential part of The Avengers (and therefore, Marvel lore). I'm not sure he deserved his own film, but if Marvel can milk it, it's going to be milked. Still... I, like Yoda, am concerned about the direction this film will take. We're not talking about a Marvel original; this is essentially Norse mythology. Unless they choose to capture a more "Ultimate" Thor, who is still a god, but much more hip and eco-friendly, and something of a cult celebrity. I'm guessing we'll see the latter.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
When will we find out who is gonna play Thor?

It is rumored that either Brad Pitt, or Leonardo Dicaprio will be playing Thor.
from IMDB.com

oh, HELL no

Brad Pitt, I seriously can't see him as Thor. Not only does he not have the build, but his persona doesn't strike me as a deity.

When will we find out who is gonna play Thor?

It is rumored that either Brad Pitt, or Leonardo Dicaprio will be playing Thor.
Yes complete flat out rumor. I wouldn't waste my breathe even mentioning the thought.