Actors you would pay to see in anything

Tools    

Ed Norton.

Sometimes the old threads are cool to skim thru. Alot of old timers posted more then, and a few eyecatchers.

Now that I think about it, its getting to the point where I wont miss a Leonardo Dicaprio film. He hasnt been in anything average in a loooong time. I guess its nice to be able to pick and choose in Hollywood.

I actually think some of his least memorable work has been in recent years tbh
but he`s one where i know the movie is gonna be good,or if youre not too keen on the movie atleast hes gonna give great performance,i feel the same about nicole kidman aswell.

DiCaprio's another that I'll pay to see in anything, at least from The Departed on. Russell Crowe is another - though you'd think after s*** like The Man With the Iron Fist, Noah, and Winters Tale I'd be have been burned enough to take him off, but I'll be at the theater tomorrow for The Nice Guys. Johnny Depp is usually on the list, but nothing would've convinced me to pay to see Mortdecai. Hell Amazon's got it to watch for free and I still haven't bothered.

Tom Hardy may be sneaking onto the list as well, though I'm much relieved that I didn't pay a cent to watch This Means War.

I also really like charlize theron..but she doesnt have that same thing as leo and nicole,where youre 99% its gonna be a great movie. but she does give great peformances though.

Make a better place
for some reason it's Nicolas Cage, although he's not my favorite

no matter how bad the movie is (and he had a lot of them lately) I still go watch them.

I think Sam Rockwell and Luke Wilson fall in that category too
also Ethan Hawke & Sandra Bullock

and of course Clint Eastwood

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Semi-inspired by a comment rufnek made in a recent post, I thought I'd start a thread where we can list (and/or second) the actors who we'd be willing to pay to see in just about any genre/circumstance.

For me, there are only a few obvious choices:
  • Tony Shalhoub
  • Don Cheadle
  • John Turturro

Also, as much as I hate to admit it, I'd probably drop $5 just to see Will Ferrell eat a hamburger.

Another possible angle, of course, is that certain actors may persuade you to see a film simply because you find that they often make good career choices, and rarely accept roles in poor films. I've started another thread about that specific topic here: Actors who are always in good films.

What actors would you pay to see in most any film?

+ rep for Tony Shalhoub. He seems to just blend in to any character he plays.

Have you seen him in the TV show "Stark Raving Mad"? It's a comedy that only lasted one season, (even though it won the People's Choice Award for Best New Comedy), but he was terrific as a Stephen King-type of horror writer. (The whole series is on YouTube. The quality isn't very good, but it's watchable, and it's better than nothing. )

+ rep for Tony Shalhoub. He seems to just blend in to any character he plays.

Have you seen him in the TV show "Stark Raving Mad"? It's a comedy that only lasted one season, (even though it won the People's Choice Award for Best New Comedy), but he was terrific as a Stephen King-type of horror writer. (The whole series is on YouTube. The quality isn't very good, but it's watchable, and it's better than nothing. )

Honestly this looks like a pretty good show but i couldn't sit through something that (video) quality personally.

Honestly this looks like a pretty good show but i couldn't sit through something that (video) quality personally.

It's a great show. If I could find it in better quality, I'd pay for it in a second. I can't believe that it wasn't released a few years ago when Tony Shaloub was at the height of his career with "Monk", and Neil Patrick Harris was at the height of his career with "How I Met Your Mother". They both had a huge fanbase at the same time, and with good advertising, I'm sure the complete series DVD set would have sold well. Plus it had a built-in bonus because there were four unaired episodes. (The unaired episodes somehow ended up on YouTube also.)

Current Actors who I would watch in just about anything are (in random order):
Dick Van Dyke
Hugh Jackman
Richard Dreyfuss
Harrison Ford
Kevin Spacey
Kevin Kline
Nathan Fillion
Pierce Brosnan
Robert Downey Jr.
Michael Keaton
Mark Ruffalo
John Cusack
Gary Sinise

Retired or Deceased Actors who I would watch in just about anything are (in random order):
Cary Grant
Gene Kelly
James Stewart
Cliff Robertson
Rod Taylor
Danny Kaye
Robert Preston
Peter Falk
Christopher Reeve
James Garner
Ray Walston
Rex Harrison

Current Actors who I would watch in just about anything are (in random order):
Dick Van Dyke
Hugh Jackman
Richard Dreyfuss
Harrison Ford
Kevin Spacey
Kevin Kline
Nathan Fillion
Pierce Brosnan
Robert Downey Jr.
Michael Keaton
Mark Ruffalo
John Cusack
Gary Sinise

Retired or Deceased Actors who I would watch in just about anything are (in random order):
Cary Grant
Gene Kelly
James Stewart
Cliff Robertson
Rod Taylor
Danny Kaye
Robert Preston
Peter Falk
Christopher Reeve
James Garner
Ray Walston
Rex Harrison
What, no actresses in that list?

What, no actresses in that list?

There are actresses that I like, but none that I can think of who I would watch in just about any movie. Maybe Doris Day, Debbie Reynolds, Katharine Hepburn, Gene Tierney, Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep or Sandra Bullock?