There is no free will in the Bible

Tools    

that's what she said...
IDK I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and I don't think "god" designed them for me... I'm pretty sure I fell into those decisions on my own free will.

Interesting article...

I do believe that some extremely religious people would agree with that article, however I just dont think its true.

Semper Fooey
What is decribed here is supposed to be an explanation for biblical free will, but this is not free will:

But how can man, limited by a sin nature, ever choose what is good? It is only through the grace and power of God that free will truly becomes “free” in the sense of being able to choose salvation (John 15:16). It is the Holy Spirit who works in and through a person’s will to regenerate that person (John 1:12-13) and give him/her a new nature “created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (Ephesians 4:24). Salvation is God’s work. At the same time, our motives, desires, and actions are voluntary, and we are rightly held responsible for them

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/free-wil...#ixzz2PovnD8P6

In other words, if you pray to God for salvation he will change you to be like him. That is the most limited free will of them all.

that's what she said...
Yeah, I understand how it could be described that way... but me for instance, a lot of times when I choose things that are "good" it's because my concious tells me to.
Even over stupid things like holding a door open for someone, if I am in a hurry and dont hold the door for someone I actually feel guilty so everytime I go in and out of someplace I hold it open. Or girl scouts selling cookies... I feel bad saying "no" so I always buy 1 box even if I didn't really want them. But I think that's just my concious telling me to do so...
I am probably the wrong person to really discuss this all because I'm hardly religious at all... I wouldn't concider myself an athiest because I truely do pray to God in desparate times but other than that I do find myself really interested in the science of everything... and unfortunately a lot of science dis-proves God (Not that I am saying he doesn't exist)

This is why I was saying... there is no free will, but the doors to beliefs in God are still open anyway.