The Wizard of Oz(s)

Tools    

It was announced yesterday that Zemeckis won't be doing the remake and it is, for now, in the producers wastebasket. *relief*

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
[quote=spudracer;695555]I understand that, but as you've told me before, people are lazy.

A simple
Originally Posted by Deadline New York
tag will work.
are they that lazy? wowza.

^^^^ click here ^^^^^ click here^^^^^^ click here^^^^

Return to oz could have been better, The Scarecrow was bad. The Lion was just a lion, Well maybe that is better than a man dressed in a costume.

Remember the black remake they did of Wizard of Oz? Think it was called the Wiz or something.

One of the biggest pieces of garbage ever created. Truly awful.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think I'm going to Netflix The Wiz. It couldn't hold a candle to the '39 version but I never felt it was awful garbage. Sidney Lumet directed some "interesting" films after Network: Equus, The Wiz, Just Tell Me What You Want.

Semper Fooey
It was awful garbage. It was Sidney Lumet's Mr. Magoo. The problem wasn't the original Broadway musical. It was the idiotic decision to shoehorn Diana Ross into it, playing an adult, but still acting like a child, a woman who never grew up. Maybe Michael Jackson who played the Scarecrow should have played Dorothy. Directors can be miscast also and Lumet's talent was for contemporary drama, not a musical comedy.

It was awful garbage. It was Sidney Lumet's Mr. Magoo. The problem wasn't the original Broadway musical. It was the idiotic decision to shoehorn Diana Ross into it, playing an adult, but still acting like a child, a woman who never grew up. Maybe Michael Jackson who played the Scarecrow should have played Dorothy. Directors can be miscast also and Lumet's talent was for contemporary drama, not a musical comedy.
LOL. Right on.

Didn't the Wicked Witch die at the end by getting flushed down a giant toilet or something ridiculous like that?

The Wiz is a tragedy.

Jezz we have The Remake Of 1939 ? The Adaption Of The First Novel and The Prequel. I wish they would pick one and make it. I would go with The First Novel being properly adapted. Sam Raimi has two projects to juggle (Oz Prequel & WOW Film) and The Remake is not needed. And besides i have wanted to see a dark telling of The Wonderful World Of Oz because i am a major fan of Return To Oz. Oh and hopefully Rob Marshall gets his hands on Wicked.

Source: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/new...-treatment.php

Originally Posted by Filmschoolrejects
Mike Johnson is an animator, the co-director of Corpse Bride and an Oscar nominee. For his next trick, he’ll be treading on the sacred ground of Oz in a way that none of the other twenty-nine directors of forthcoming Oz-based movies are attempting. He’s taking the characters into stop-motion territory with Oz Wars.

This couldn’t be a better idea if it came with free gold bricks. Johnson has a short but focused resume, and the thought to take these beloved characters into a medium they’ve never been before is inspired.

According to Variety, Vanguard Films is taking the task here, and they’ve already used the words “dark,” “sexy,” and “dangerous” to talk about the project. That’s cause for some concern (especially the sexy part), but the original 1939 film was always a bit dark and dangerous, so there’s nothing wrong with that. Now, if they could somehow get Henry Selick involved in some capacity, the excitement here would really go up to 11. As it stands now though, it’s pretty damned cool.