Movies I Want To Remake - Movies You Want To Remake

Tools    

Herm. I'm interested. As for the thread, how about "books you want to adapt." I've always thought Neil Gaiman's American Gods would be amazing as a film if it could be pulled off with class (and presumably a fairly sized budget).

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Rolling Thunder would be on my list. I'd keep it low budget. Actually there would be no reason to have a large budget on this film. Stay true to it's explosive violent nature maybe even go ultra violent keep it rooted in it's explotation side of things as well. Also would like to desaturated the color sceme of the film. Use maybe Kurt Russell for the Tommy Lee Jones character.
or...just watch the original film.

I want to remake Clash Of The Titans and pretend the last one never happened.

I want to remake Clash Of The Titans and pretend the last one never happened.
I want to remake Clash of the Titans & pretend like yours never happened.
Oh wait I won't have to pretend.

BTW share your ideas of why your remake would be better.

I would LOVE to remake or see a remake of 'TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE'. I wrote a modernized/remake script for ***** n' giggles and it actually turned out pretty good (imo). The original is awesomely bad that I just couldn't help it. I took a lot of inspiration from the song by The Meteors and of course the classic.

Welcome to the human race...
How would a remake of Rolling Thunder stand out?
It would be like any other revenge film.
Then again, what differentiates the original from other revenge films? I'll give credit to character development, but the remainder of the film struck me as a pretty by-the-numbers revenge plot.

Wouldn't remake it, though.

How would y'all feel about a Highlander remake?
I wouldn't mind a remake of Highlander, if done right. I enjoyed the original, The Final Dimension and Endgame (for what they were). My only complaint about the sequels are the inconsistencies that carry through out (Which is why I wouldn't mind seeing a remake). It's like the writers said, 'Okay, he killed the last immortal, won the prize, but oh wait! No, there are other immortals and he never did win the prize. It was all a dream'.

I always thought Thomas Jane resembled Christopher Lambert a little. I could see him in a Highlander role.

I had posted this somewhere else

Highlander was an awesome film, the sequels ruined all of that.. i wish they could continue the franchise in a better direction, but the chances for that have been ruined.. The newer & younger generation will be misled with the franchise..
Hence, a remake is necessary to keep the franchise alive... It's better to have it revived then let it be buried by newer franchises...
I agree with Heavenly Blues, I liked the ending for endgame & then they had to make more crappy sequels..
Connor had a nice exit from the franchise IMO...

Yet to see the Highlander anime though.

Welcome to the human race...
I wrote a review of the Highlander anime a while back - it was pretty decent and possibly the best of all the continuations of the saga (though that isn't really saying much).

I wouldn't mind a remake, though. I liked the original fine, but it was still pretty flawed and could do with serious improvement.

The DM
I agree with GodsOtherMonkey in remaking The Odessa File. Its a great novel and they could include a lot more. I would definitely remake Back To The Future III. The movie was not that bad, but I was expecting another BTTF not some pile of garbage with some whiny bitch. Ugh Clara.

Leicamaster

I would LOVE to remake or see a remake of 'TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE'. I wrote a modernized/remake script for ***** n' giggles and it actually turned out pretty good (imo). The original is awesomely bad that I just couldn't help it. I took a lot of inspiration from the song by The Meteors and of course the classic.
With Justin Bieber & the Jonas Bros.???

With Justin Bieber & the Jonas Bros.???
Lol, no. Like the original, I was planning on casting 30 somethings to play teenagers. The movie is public domain, so I'm sure it isn't too far away if you want to have a laugh.

The Last Air Bender

Agreed! I had high hopes for this one, but I guess anything Shymalan touches these days wilts away to crap. Main reason I never went to see Devil.