Alter ego

Tools    

Skxawng - it's interesting suggestion. "The Outer Limits" - episode "The Invisible Enemy" sounds like .

Other movie could be: 12 to the Moon (1960) ?

I found a description of user ticklemetorgo from IMDB:

Unfortunately none of the above is the one i look for. Thanks for the suggestions & the effort though.

do u know what genre it is?
Hi, thanks for the reply,

i can only presume, scifi drama. As i said i was a litle kid back then and the only scene that i remember is the one i described, nothing else.

Unfortunately none of the above is the one i look for. Thanks for the suggestions & the effort though.
So you try maybe: Ikaria XB1 (1963)
The year is 2163. Starship Ikaria XB 1 embarks on a long journey across the universe to search for life on the planets of Alpha Centauri.
Doppelgänger (1969) AKA Journey to the Far Side of the Sun
The European Space Exploration Council sends two astronauts to explore a planet similar to the Earth but located on the opposite side of the sun.

So you try maybe: Ikaria XB1 (1963)

Doppelgänger (1969) AKA Journey to the Far Side of the Sun

Doppelgänger: never watched that movie, but certainly not the one i look, same aplies for Ikarie XB1. Thank you so much for the effort.
Maybe i have grown old and the scene i recall in my mind is not as accurate as i thought it was.

Doppelgänger: never watched that movie, but certainly not the one i look, same aplies for Ikarie XB1. Thank you so much for the effort.
Maybe i have grown old and the scene i recall in my mind is not as accurate as i thought it was.
Sorry, but I don't have more ideas. Perhaps somebody from my buddies will be know the answer. I think that good idea is searching in these lists:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_the_1950s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_the_1960s

I found interesting movie, but it is from Soviet Union - Tumannost Andromedy (1967)

Storyline:
Film is set in the future. Humans on spaceship named "Tantra" are exploring the unknown part of the Universe. The spaceship gets trapped by the mysterious Iron Star. The Iron Star's powerful force of gravity is to hold the spaceship for 20 years. The humans are facing a very tough survival challenge, being surrounded by the invisible predators. The predators can eat human flesh right through heavy spacesuits, and some crew-members disappear. Only the light from "Tantra" can scare the predators away.

Sorry, but I don't have more ideas. Perhaps somebody from my buddies will be know the answer. I think that good idea is searching in these lists:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_the_1950s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_the_1960s

I found interesting movie, but it is from Soviet Union - Tumannost Andromedy (1967)

Storyline:

Hi, thanks again for the input,
i will surely check the lists you suggest, i have seen
I found interesting movie, but it is from Soviet Union - Tumannost Andromedy (1967), great movie.
Again, thank you so much for the effort.

Not an exact match, but check out
"The Martian Chronicles"
TV Mini-Series, 1980, Michael Anderson

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hi, thanks again for the input,
i will surely check the lists you suggest, i have seen
I found interesting movie, but it is from Soviet Union - Tumannost Andromedy (1967), great movie.
Again, thank you so much for the effort.
I see that you marked a thread as "answered". So I had right and it's Tumannost Andromedy ?

I see that you marked a thread as "answered". So I had right and it's Tumannost Andromedy ?
Umm, no i did not marked as answered, at least not intentionally (back to anunswered). No its not Tumannost Andromedy.

Hello fans of old sci-fi.
Back in the day (early 80's) i watched a movie which is still in my mind.
i was a litle kid back then so no way of remembering the title.
the story, as i remember it, goes like:
A group of astronauts or explorers traveled to a planet, (i think it was mars, not sure though), strange things started to happen, and an invisible force was present. At the end i remember someone said that it was their alter ego that was causing all the problems.
If this story reminds you something, please share with me the title, im in a search for more than 30 years.
Are you sure that it was in English? It's strange that we found many movies, but any isn't correct. What was "invisible force" - something like predators or something other?

I have four "possible" movies:

1) Planeta bur (1962)
Cosmonauts land on the planet Venus. However, they find themselves in danger from the voracious monsters they find on it.
2) Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet (1965)
In 2020, after the colonization of the moon, the spaceships Vega, Sirius and Capella are launched from Lunar Station 7. They are to explore Venus under the command of Professor Hartman, but an asteroid collides and explodes Capella.
3) Der schweigende Stern (1960)
When an alien artifact discovered on Earth is found to have come from Venus, an international team of astronauts embarks to investigate its origins.
4) Flight to Mars (1951)
Five astronauts successfully fly to Mars where they encounter seemingly friendly and advanced inhabitants who harbor covert plans to use their ship to invade Earth
Other possibility is episode "Space" from "X-Files":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_(The_X-Files)

//edit:
5) I think that good suggestion is "The Lost Planet" (1953) as well
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046012...ef_=tt_trv_trv

6) Mission Mars (1968)
Three American astronauts who land on Mars discover the body of a frozen Russian cosmonaut and a mysterious talking orb.
7) The Day Mars Invaded Earth (1962)
The Martians are actually protecting themselves from US!!. - since the Earth probe landed on their planet they are taking measures to ensure their security by replacing our scientists with doppelgangers who report nothing. A very insightful film that was under-rated and ahead of it's time, with a 1963 vision of a primitive mars rover.
8) The Angry Red Planet (1959)
The first spaceship to Mars, presumed lost, is found in space and brought back to Earth by remote control. Only two from an initial crew of four are still alive, but one is unconscious due to an attached alien growth, while the other is traumatized, blocking out all memory of what happened. In hopes to save the unconscious crewman, the amnesiac is interrogated back into remembering. Those in charge thereby learn of the terrible dangers awaiting anyone venturing into the spooky, ruddy stillness of the very alien Martian ecosystem.
Let me know if you find the answer! :-)

Hello fans of old sci-fi.
Back in the day (early 80's) i watched a movie which is still in my mind.
i was a litle kid back then so no way of remembering the title.
the story, as i remember it, goes like:
A group of astronauts or explorers traveled to a planet, (i think it was mars, not sure though), strange things started to happen, and an invisible force was present. At the end i remember someone said that it was their alter ego that was causing all the problems.
If this story reminds you something, please share with me the title, im in a search for more than 30 years.

Thank you all in advance.
pppd
If you will be online, let me know if I found your movie.