Movies You Thought You'd Love, But Don't?

Tools    

The most loathsome of all goblins
Big Trouble in Little China

John Carpenter? Kurt Russell? Cult Classic? The concept is John Wayne stuck in a Shaw Brothers flick? Sign me up!

Except it wasn't what I signed up for. By all rights I should adore it, but the film just doesn't click with me, even after rewatching it. It's a movie I want to love but can't, and it leaves me cold.

I think the biggest one for me would be American Psycho. Reading the plot, it seemed like a movie that would easily be a favorite of mine, but then I watched it and thought it was just... meh. It really seemed like my kind of movie but barely any of it clicked with me.

Also, just like Crick and Gun, Natural Born Killers is another one I thought I was really gonna like but after watching I was pretty disappointed. It had a couple good parts but overall just didn't click either. A lot of the camp in it just didn't work for me.

I don't actually wear pants.
I wanted to love American Hustle, but I hated Bradley Cooper's character, and he dragged the film way down. Even seeing Amy Adams' boobs for the first time couldn't save the film.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I wanted to love Silver Linings Playbook but all the characters made me feel homicidal.

Big Trouble in Little China

John Carpenter? Kurt Russell? Cult Classic? The concept is John Wayne stuck in a Shaw Brothers flick? Sign me up!

Except it wasn't what I signed up for. By all rights I should adore it, but the film just doesn't click with me, even after rewatching it. It's a movie I want to love but can't, and it leaves me cold.

I thought I would hate Big Trouble in Little China and avoided it for years...I finally saw it and even though I didn't understand everything that went on, I did enjoy it and having Kurt Russell in the lead certainly helped.

Godfather III, September (Woody), There are several but I will have to think about it.

I'll second September...it was agony getting through that one, one of Woody's worst films.

12 Angry Men (bleeding heart pandering, hated it)
Jackie (right wing political rabble, hated it too)
Dial M for Murder (meh)
Betsy's Wedding (not funny)
Magic in the Moonlight (Woody Allen at his most unimaginative)
Diana (the worst bio-pic ever made....well maybe)