Christmas must see movies

Tools    

So with the Christmas season just around the corner and Covid 19 still soaring (certainly in the UK), I thought it’s time to start thinking about watching some festive classics to boost morale. Which films do you make a point of watching each year. Here are a few which I will start to view in the coming weeks:

Black Christmas (1974) It just has to be the original. Certainly not a feel good film but certainly a horror classic.
It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
Scrooge (1951) I’ve watched many versions but Alastair Sim is the best Scrooge in my opinion.
Elf (2003)
Holiday Affair (1949)
Gremlins (1984)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947) Again the original is far superior.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Tokyo Godfathers
The Ref
Love Actually
Fred Claus
The Nightmare Before Christmas

I used to watch Die Hard and Die Hard II every year with my family, but haven't in awhile. Maybe I'll do it this year and add in Gremlins, too.

Hey, that movie poster looks real familiar I guess I'm not the only one with good taste
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...74#post2139774
Very familiar. Yours looks better with the lights around it. Apologies for using the same image. It's been a while and I'm playing catch up.

Very familiar. Yours looks better with the lights around it. Apologies for using the same image. It's been a while and I'm playing catch up.
No apologies needed! It's just an image for internet, I didn't make it.

Scrooge (1951) I’ve watched many versions but Alastair Sim is the best Scrooge in my opinion.
Elf (2003)
Holiday Affair (1949)
Thumbs up for all those. Have you seen the George C. Scott and Patrick Stewart versions of A Christmas Carol where they play Scrooge?

My favorite is Christmas in Connecticut (1945)

So with the Christmas season just around the corner and Covid 19 still soaring (certainly in the UK), I thought it’s time to start thinking about watching some festive classics to boost morale. Which films do you make a point of watching each year. Here are a few which I will start to view in the coming weeks:

Black Christmas (1974) It just has to be the original. Certainly not a feel good film but certainly a horror classic.
Elf (2003)
Holiday Affair (1949)
Gremlins (1984)

My favorite Scrooge was George C. Scott. And I have to say it again like I do annually when this time of the year rolls around...I don't get all the love for It's a Wonderful Life...that movie bores the hell out of me.

Thumbs up for all those. Have you seen the George C. Scott and Patrick Stewart versions of A Christmas Carol where they play Scrooge?

I liked Christmas in Connecticut too.

I just posted that George C. Scott was my favorite scrooge. Never seen the Patrick Stewart version.

Isn't Scrooge ('51) British?
There are many versions of it and I'm talking about non English language films.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Tokyo Godfathers
The Ref
Love Actually
Fred Claus
The Nightmare Before Christmas

I used to watch Die Hard and Die Hard II every year with my family, but haven't in awhile. Maybe I'll do it this year and add in Gremlins, too.

Nice to see some love for Fred Claus...nobody ever talks about that movie around here. Vaughn and Giamatti were wonderful in that movie.

I've seen 1951 Alastair Sim, 1938 Reginald Owen, 1935 Seymour Hicks and 1984 George C Scott versions.
Never seen Christmas in Connecticut but always wanted to.

My favorite Scrooge was George C. Scott. And I have to say it again like I do annually when this time of the year rolls around...I don't get all the love for It's a Wonderful Life...that movie bores the hell out of me.

As a film I do like It's a Wonderful Life as I really like James Stewart. But I must admit after hearing so much hype that it was the ultimate Christmas film, I was surprised that the Christmas theme only plays out in the last 20 minutes.
My worst festive film is White Christmas. Watched it last year for the first and only time. Zzzzzzz. Much preferred Holiday Inn.