Sequels That Should Never Have Been Made

Tools    

TERMINATOR 1 & 2 are awesome films. The rest of them are just crap. Always surprises me how the filmmakers of sequels seem to not understand the driving concepts that needs to be preserved to keep the successful soul of the film alive. A cyborg arrives from the future to hunt down a future rebel leader - both 1 & 2 are driven by this concept. And in Terminator 2 - the cyborg is a supportive force and instead we up the conflict with a liquid metal robot - concept preserved. The rest of the films just forgets about what this is about and we head into the future and it just becomes a completely different film altogether, might as well have been called Future War 1 & 2. James Cameron understands what it means to do a sequel, look at the masterful Aliens - how is it even possible to follow up on Alien, who would dare - Aliens is a prime example of preservation of the concept and he instead focus on enhancing the other elements of the story. He's a wise and extremely talented man that James Cameron!
That was a perfect example to talk about james cameron who i rate at the top of action movie directiom the guy is a genius when it comes to ingenuity in sequels he made, especially aliens which is one of my best scifi movies of all time

I can tell you guys, I went to the cinema for the first time in many years (because I'm more a stay at home and watch a dvd sort of guy) and I watched "Independence Day Resurgence" and it was an absolute pile of trash, I enjoyed seeing 3D for the first time but after 20 minutes the shitness of the film made me not even care about that, if I were alone I would have walked out, this movie has no soul, there is about 50 different characters, none of which you care about, loads of people walking about in suits, weak weak attempts at humour, oh god it was awful, I was bored to tears, the big alien at the end looked like it was straight out of "the mist" which was a better film in all regards.

In the words of vox..

It’s the laziest, most indifferent movie where aliens drop all of Asia on London you’ll ever see.

you have been warned.

I can tell you guys, I went to the cinema for the first time in many years (because I'm more a stay at home and watch a dvd sort of guy) and I watched "Independence Day Resurgence" and it was an absolute pile of trash, I enjoyed seeing 3D for the first time but after 20 minutes the shitness of the film made me not even care about that, if I were alone I would have walked out, this movie has no soul, there is about 50 different characters, none of which you care about, loads of people walking about in suits, weak weak attempts at humour, oh god it was awful, I was bored to tears, the big alien at the end looked like it was straight out of "the mist" which was a better film in all regards.

In the words of vox..

It’s the laziest, most indifferent movie where aliens drop all of Asia on London you’ll ever see.

you have been warned.
Jesus, I'm hearing and reading nothing but awful feedback about this. Well, come this weekend I'll be adding my two cents.

Jesus, I'm hearing and reading nothing but awful feedback about this. Well, come this weekend I'll be adding my two cents.
You are a glutton for punishment my friend but if needs must.

I have to return some videotapes...
I think they shouldn't have made a sequel to Speed, unless they weren't going to use the same premise. It just doesn't make sense with any other vehicular transportation method. Maybe airplanes, but even then they could just dodge each other.

hangover 2
hangover 3
home alone 3
legally blondes
donnie darko 2
open water 2