Who should the next Batman villian be?

Tools    

Personally, I think they need to bring in Harley Quinn. She would put a new perspective on the joker. If they do that the real question is, who will play Joker?

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
I'm all for them putting in either the Riddler or the Penguin. If Ledger hadn't died though they could have continued on the Joker storyline.

It doesn't matter to me.
Maybe a new villain?
Frank Gorshin as The Riddler would be great.
Batman needs Robin!

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
See, this

uhm. i beg seriously to differ. if i hear "holy _____, Batman!" or see any nipple on a suit in a big budget film again i will go postal on hollywood
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think the penguin would be awsome or even the riddler as Jim Carey played him very well, I just hope they dont do something silly like put Mr Freeze again that was a jip.

reservoir dogs circa 1881
If they want to ground the film in reality like nolans last two i believe riddler probabily best bet,although i wouldnt mind the ventriloquist making an appearance i love how his puppets control him.I reckon trying realise mr freeze would be pushing things,but i suppose there's a big enough resource for characters who could integrate into nolans take

A system of cells interlinked
Hotties! Hotties! Hotties!

We need some bat hotties in the next picture.

Meanwhile, Nolan has already hinted at the identity of one of the villains to come. He likes to leave little clues in his dialogue about things to come, like he did with the death of a character in The Dark Knight.

"Are we talking Rottweilers of Chiuauas?"

"Big Dogs..."

"You should be OK against cats."

Dear Sean Young -

Don't even think about it!

Remember Rahul Al Ghul is immortal. He would be a great villian...Nolan's Batman has been successful because it is it believable. Rahul is a believable character that can have ties in so many areas. I can't wait for the 3rd installment.

Welcome to the human race...
Remember Rahul Al Ghul is immortal. He would be a great villian...Nolan's Batman has been successful because it is it believable. Rahul is a believable character that can have ties in so many areas. I can't wait for the 3rd installment.
I don't think so. From what I've heard, Nolan wants to keep his Batman films realistic, thereby eliminating the possibility that Ra's Al Ghul is immortal. (It is "unbelievable", after all.) However, doesn't Ra's have a daughter or something?

That's why Ras Al Ghul will not be back, it's been established that he is NOT immortal, but simply employs deceptive techniques to make him seem he is.

...uh the post is up there...

The Reaper would be a good villain, if they could work on a well-written story for him to be in.

It has been decades since I read Batman comics and I never was a fan of the campy TV series, so I don't know the full list of villians that Batman faced. However, I seem to remember a little green guy from another dimension who used to pop up in some Super Hero story line. Maybe it was Superman instead of Batman, or maybe it was both. But I'd like to see what movie magic they'd use to create a villian no taller than a dwarf but much skinnier. Maybe they could create him like that character in Lord of the Rings, a computer image based on a real person's movement.

Even if such a character doesn't exist in the Batman comics, what's wrong with inventing a new villian, especially now that the comic book company is making its own movies? Realism doesn't have to play a part. After all, the whole line of Batman villians--Joker, Penquin, Cat Woman, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze--were the comic book results of life-changing events that real humans could never survive.

But if they have to have a "conventional" villian, go with Cat Woman--people will always buy tickets to see a good-looking woman dressed in vinyl.

A system of cells interlinked
This series of films is known for its realism, though. Nolan has removed any material that seems otherworldly or impossible. In this version, The Joker is a maniac that got scarred during childhood (or so he says, he is a psychopath), so he is much more believable. Nolan has attempted to put human characters with real human problems in this series, and, I think the accolades the films are getting speak volumes.

Nolan took the "Super" out of the Super Hero, and the result is a much more engaging and believable series. I am actually curious what your take would be on The Dark Knight. Even if that stuff isn't up your alley, the film stands well as just a crime drama, as well. If you decide to give it a shot, make sure to post some thoughts on not only the film, but what you think of the attempt to make this stuff not only believable, but relevant and important.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
If I had to say anyone this would be my list of characters that could be in the next batman movie...

I'm 90% sure that Catwoman will at least be in the next batman movie. I think that she is the most believable/realistic of the remaining rogues gallery. I think it would work with her because they could play off the relationship between Bruce and Selina. I think that they could just have her as a jewl thief and almost play her off as an anti hero as opposed to a straight villain. It would kill two birds with one stone, not only would it bring in a love interest to the story (which face it, every good story has to have one), it would also act as a solid 2ndary character at least to keep the story going.

I think that they could do an amazing job with Bane. Bring him in, play off his intellegence and his super (venom induced) strength...even have him break the bats back, that would be a wicked way to twist the story bigtime.

Hush would be great, but they would have to change some things about his story simply because it includes to many of the other characters that wouldnt translate well in Nolans universe. Tom Elliot would be a cool character though and they could play off his childhood relationship with Bruce.

Last I would say would be Penguin, and the only way I think they could do it is if they play down his deformity, and make him like an arms dealer or a thief in general. I think it would be great to see a realistic version of the character but I dont quite see him as the main villain, but hey what do I know...

...and for the record to bring back Ra's al Ghul they would have to explain his immortality, thus more than likely bringing in the story of the Lazarus Pit which wouldnt work in Nolans universe either....just sayin...but it would be almost neat to see a story evolve involving him Batman and Talia...

I thoughtthey could possibly use The Mad Hatter but his character is kind of a double edged sword. They make him realistic, people might see him as a ripoff of the joker from The Dark Knight. If they keep him true to his character, it could come off kind of campy which is what Nolan has done a beautiful job in avoiding. I dont see it happening but it could be interesting.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
Personally, I think they need to bring in Harley Quinn. She would put a new perspective on the joker. If they do that the real question is, who will play Joker?
Straight up...It wouldnt work. The basis of Harley's character is her obsesion with the Joker, which could be played off well in the movie if they had her as say, a stand alone character. She could be like a copy cat but thats not what Harley's character is about. The problem is that without the Joker in the film, she wouldnt be around to begin with and with Heath Ledger dead, they will not bring the character back (at least I hope and pray to the good man in the sky that they don't). Also, the Joker and Harley's relationship is something that woudlnt translate because the Nolan version of the Joker wouldnt have anything to do with her. Sure they could show him beating her and verbally bashing her and have her eat it like candy like she always does but the question is: Would Nolan's Joker even get to that point? She's to campy for Nolans movies at least IMO and I dont see a good way to bring her into the story at this point. Basicly if they put Harley in the movie they might as well just call her "generic villain copycat."