X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
So...this is going to be the Wolvie Origin story? I don't see any of the characters from the actual wolverine origin story, which was released earlier this decade, called Origin. Until this point, no one had seen the true origin of the character, and this series (which shot up in value almost immediately) finally clued us in. The character himself actually ends up not remembering the facts, but we, as the reader, get to find out exactly when he was born, what he did as a youngster, and of course, the story of how he first discovered his healing powers and claws (then just bone).

We already know what happened to him at Weapon X, so I am hoping they don't blow off the actual origin of the character, while tacking on some lame Weapon X mission as his origin.

Alas, from what I can see, this is probably what we are going to get. Marvel probably feels a deep character study isn't the way to go for a Wolverine movie, so they will load the film with explosions, battles, and silly one-liners ala X-Men:The Last Stand.

Let's hope they take a page from the recent DC films, and trim back on the silly stuff.

Lost in never never land
I thought the trailer looked better then I thought it would, a little bit more dark and brooding, honestly, then I expected it to be. I was definitely stoked to see Gambit on screen as I have been somewhat ticked off the whole time that he didn't show up in one or two (or three, even though he wouldn't have been able to do anything in 3 with the other 600 mutants).
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

reservoir dogs circa 1881
Whats the link for this leaked origin trailer with gambit cos i can only find chaff or on location pics

A system of cells interlinked
I think they wanted to stick to the X-Men team that was put together after the first major series revamp, which was around 1970 or so (Issue 91 of Uncanny, if I remember correctly). Gambit didn't show up until over a decade later, when the team was entirely different, and during a period I feel was the messiest and most disorganized, narrative-wise, in X-History.

Of course, by the time they got to The Last Stand, they were pulling mutants from every era in an attempt to stuff as many fan service tips-of-the-hat into the film as they could. The film, while it had some decent scenes in it, was an overwrought and silly disappointment.

I sure hope they make some different decisions with this film, because after X3, I was done with the X-Franchise...

There's a little man in my brain that keeps freaking out whenever I remember some of that comicon trailer.

His name is Frampken and we both want to see Wolverine.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
1st photo of Gambit.

Deadpool had better be breaking the fourth wall like a bandit

Pretty self-explainitory.

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) with Victor Creed aka Sabertooth (Schreiber)

I think this is the scene where James Howlett (Wolverine) gets caught for looting, although, there is no Nick Fury listed in the credits, plus no black guy.

Wolverine running with the Silver Fox (Lynn Collins)

Wolverine being tested on w/ a black guy. (Nick Fury maybe?)

Cool! Can't wait!

Wolverine being tested on w/ a black guy. (Nick Fury maybe?)
Sgt. Nick Fury being black requires a serious ret-con. Having a black guy in the Howling Commandos was enough of a stretch. But a black commander of a WWII special forces unit? Commanding white people? The US army was segregated until 1948 for Christ's sake!

whoooa deadpool n gambit?

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Ok so Wolverine is one of my favorite super hero's Hugh is good for that role.

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Ok so I love this site! Just was reading through this here thread and I need to read the origins comic, if the movie is going to be about the how, why, and where of Wolverine then thats pretty bad ass. Would love to see the trailer also. When is this gem going to happen ( the movie ) ?

The trailer will be before The Day the Earth Stood Still in theaters this Friday

wolverine is my idol in X-Men

Bootleg trailer I found: WATCH QUICK
&eurl=http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/12/13/first-impressions-of-x-men-origins-wolverine-trailer-from-one-mtv-staffer/&feature=player_embedded