Best Films of 2018 (at the halfway stage)

Tools    

Cos' everyone loves a list.

1. Loveless
2. The Square
3. A Fantastic Woman
4. Lean on Pete
5. Tully
6. Phantom Thread
7. You were never really here
8. Gook
9. Columbus
10. Beats per Minute

(Films released in 2018 in my country- the UK)

Unregistered User
Honestly, I've not really seen much at all from this year. Top 2 would be Annihilation and Isle of Dogs.

Edit: The Square is there too. I'm was going by IMDB dates.

Make a better place
Well, there is no movie that I fall in love with this year, I hope this changes tonight after I watch Gotti, although I have very low expectations now after all the horrible reviews.

anyway here are my favorite 2018 movies in no particular order:_

The Commuter
Unsane
Sicario: Day of The Soldado

So this is my top twenty-five of films I would give higher than 2.5 rating to.

1. Won't you be my neighbor
  2. Isle of Dogs
  3. Annhilation
  4. Deadpool 2
  5. A Quiet Place
  6. Thelma (2017)
  7. Evil Genius:True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist
  8. Thoroughbreds (2017)
  9. Avengers Infinity War
  10. The Terror
  11. Paddington 2
  12. Andre the Giant
  13. American Animals
  14. Hostiles (2017)
  15. Hereditary
  16. Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool(2017)
  17. Adrift
  18. Blockers
  19. Incredibles 2
  20. A Futile and Stupid Gesture
  21. Tragedy Girls (2017)
  22. Black Panther
  23. Ant Man and the Wasp
  24. Game Night
  25. The Endless

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I'm so happy Lean on Pete is on your list, not many people have seen it, it's personally my number 1. I haven't really thought about my Top 10 because I like to have a list at the end of the year, but I'm confident that my top 5 are:

1. Lean on Pete
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Incredibles 2/Black Panther
4. A Quiet Place/Hereditary
5. Annihilation

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Half of the films you listed are from 2017.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

In no particular order,
A quiet place
Game Night
Love Simon
Deadpool 2
Ready Player One
You were never really here
Incredibles 2
Raazi
Gulabjaam

Ps: I haven't watched Annihilation, Isle of Dogs, etc, which would have probably featured on my list.

1- Sorry to Bother You

2- Annihilation

3- Won't You Be My Neighbor?

4- Hereditary

5- Incredibles 2

6- Black Panther

7- A Wrinkle in Time

8- Deadpool 2

9- Game Night

10- Avengers: Infinity War

11- Beast

12- Rampage

that's everything I've seen so far this year

I can think of very little, Avengers and Deadpool 2 are probably the best, which given my general indifference to comic book movies is kind of damning in itself. Couple of decent ones that are actually from last year - Belko Experiment, Better Watch Out - aside, I've been very underwhelmed. Last year was better, even at this point.
Still, there's the new MI and Halloween to come, I guess, if nothing much else...

Make a better place
I have to add Gotti to my list

I fail to see why the movie have all these negative reviews, Travolta and the whole cast did a great job, the director did not disappoint and the story was very interesting.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
A lot of people are raving about Won't you be my Neighbor? Do you guys think I will enjoy the film even if I know nothing about Mr. Rogers?

A lot of people are raving about Won't you be my Neighbor? Do you guys think I will enjoy the film even if I know nothing about Mr. Rogers?
It was my first introduction to his work and I loved it so yeah I think so

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Filtering 2018 films using Letterboxd there's only one I've given high enough rating to call it good: Prodigy (3.5 stars).
Seems like you are a harsh critic with your ratings. Not that it really matters.

Seems like you are a harsh critic with your ratings. Not that it really matters.
I am and I do acknowledge that. That's part of the reason why I chose to consider 3.5 already as good in my movie diary. It's kind of an issue especially when I do realize that 5/5 should mean nothing more than top 10% of the films (10% when using half stars). Somehow it's just difficult for me to give high ratings.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I am and I do acknowledge that. That's part of the reason why I chose to consider 3.5 already as good in my movie diary. It's kind of an issue especially when I do realize that 5/5 should mean nothing more than top 10% of the films (10% when using half stars). Somehow it's just difficult for me to give high ratings.
It's all good. Most of mine lie as 3 or 3.5/5. I consider 2.5 to be a middling to bad film, not everyone does though

It's all good. Most of mine lie as 3 or 3.5/5. I consider 2.5 to be a middling to bad film, not everyone does though
The way I chose to consider them for my diary:

0-1.5 - bad
2-3 - mediocre
3.5+ - good

Weird is relative.
@pahaK It's extremely rare for me to give 5 star ratings. The average ratings I hand out are 3 stars (not terrible, not great, but a pass, and sometimes one which I may have had a good time watching), and 3.5 stars (which amounts to being pretty enjoyable and one I might view again in the future, but it lacked something). I don't often rate 4 stars unless I think it's really memorable/well made, and then 4.5 is pretty much my highest rating since it's been years since I've given anything a 5.