What's the Connection?

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
All about animals

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This should be an easy one:

Francis (1950)

Babe (1995)

Andre (1994)

Paulie (1998)
All about animals

You're on the right track, but I was thinking of a more specific connection.

Animals that are performers?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wow, that's a good one...can't imagine a connection between Blades of Glory and Eyes Wide Shut off the top of my head...can't wait for three more connections that might clarify it. Good one, Claire.

I will go ahead and reveal that the connection between the six movies I listed is that they all won Oscars for Best Original Song.

OPEN FLOOR

All three women won Oscars for their debut performances.

McCabridge in All the King's Men, Andrews as Mary Poppins, and Hudson in Dream Girls. The most recent performer with this distinction is Lupita Nyong'o for 12 Years a Slave. Anna Paquin, Marlee Matlin, Haing S. Ngor, Timothy Hutton, Tatum O'Neal, Babs Streisand, Joan Van Fleet, Eva Marie Saint, Shirley Booth, Harold Russell, Katina Paxinou, and Gale Sondergaard all also accomplished this feat in the acting categories.

OPEN FLOOR

All three are directorial debuts helmed by the film's star. Welles of course went on to direct many other films. Marlon Brando nor Eddie Murphy ever directed a second film.

Night of the Hunter would have been a more apt title to group than Citizen Kane. It is another actor-turned-director's only time behind the camera.

OPEN FLOOR

All three are directorial debuts helmed by the film's star. Welles of course went on to direct many other films. Marlon Brando nor Eddie Murphy ever directed a second film.

Night of the Hunter would have been a more apt title to group than Citizen Kane. It is another actor-turned-director's only time behind the camera.

OPEN FLOOR
I was actually just thinking three films directed by the star, not three only time behind the camera efforts.