Internal Server Error

Tools    

What's the point in coming here if we can't post anything?

Please fix the errors, Chris, they're driving me freakin' spare.

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but I really wish you wouldn't act like I have some kind of magic wand I can wave. For any given problem, a dozen possible things could be the cause.

The best way to figure out what's wrong is for you to describe, down to the most seemingly insigificant detail, exactly what happened. Also, whether it happens consistently, or sporadically. From there, I can investigate a bit, and if nothing comes up, I can contact the server administrator.

The only time I've encountered this (ISE) problem was two days ago, where for several hours the site wouldn't let me update my signature. The error would occur only as I went to submit my signature (as in, I could get to the form, enter it and all that - it was only the final step that became erroneous) Other changes (avatar, i.e.) could be made and posting was no issue. Haven't seen the problem since.
What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous... - Thomas Merton

I just know they're coming to kill me.
The site is taking FOREVER to load all of a sudden for me. And I have a high speed connection. This has never happened to me before.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I can't post in the 911 memories thread today...
Haven't tried editing my House of Yes review, but couldn't edit it on Thursday, Friday or yesterday.

Both times, all seems fine until I hit the "submit" button, and then I get the server error message.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
also, can't PM.

Help! Help! I'm being squelched!!
So that is why I am not getting your PM's.

Is there a word-limit on posts that is causing the server error, maybe?
I just posted a couple of lines in that 9-11 thread, but it won't let me post my thing about the day, which is about 5 paragraphs.

That's what I thought at first, but after messing around a bit, I don't think so. I got rid of it in one large post by adding a return before a double-quote, if you can believe that. Go figure.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Is there a word-limit on posts that is causing the server error, maybe?
I just posted a couple of lines in that 9-11 thread, but it won't let me post my thing about the day, which is about 5 paragraphs.
Try adding it to the post you just made.

Worked for me once.

Originally Posted by Yoda
That's what I thought at first, but after messing around a bit, I don't think so. I got rid of it in one large post by adding a return before a double-quote, if you can believe that. Go figure.
So apparently it's voodoo magic...

Garrett, I'll give it a shot.

ETA: tried it, no dice. Tricksie things, message boards...

Arresting your development
I have a really old ancient computer and I tried to press the buttons: rock, stick and leaf all at the same time to reboot and then the fire went out.

Yoda...you're my hero. I thought that I would let you know.

Maybe we have a Brownie... ... I can't post anything in the 'Which One Rules, Majority or Minority?' thread....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

It's funny. The last two times this happened to me, I was trying to post scathing posts towards somebody. So I guess it actually works for me.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Funny, I thought it was just me having trouble because our computer was screwy for a few days and we had to reformat... but now I realise I am not alone. That makes me feel at ease

oops .

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by mozak
oops .
It's ok...mop it up.

Last night I found it quite hard to connect to MoFo, It took about 10mins to open one page so I gave up, what could be causing that? other sites appeared instantly.

Bug Planet Proximus
Woah. 10 minutes. I wish I had that kind of patience. I gave up after about the first 3. The forum didn't work for me all day yesterday also.