Favourite TV Shows of the 2010's

Tools    

Making this thread because i want to watch a recent-ish show but i can never decide on anything. It's not a recommendations thread just a your favourites since 2010, repeat ones i mention or ones you don't think i like. Define shows this decade however you like, i've went for shows with the majority of their run since 2010. For example Mad Men counts because it was 2007-2015 meaning 6/9 years are in the 2010's, but Lost doesn't count with only it's last year in the 2010's. This was a top 25 i threw together i'm sure i'm forgetting stuff:

01. Mad Men
02. Twin Peaks: The Return
03. Nathan For You
04. The Americans
05. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
06. Atlanta
07. Mr Robot
08. Community
09. Master of None
10. Breaking Bad
11. Justified
12. Rectify
13. The Night Of
14. Rick and Morty
15. Parks and Rec
16. Bob's Burgers
17. 11/22/63
18. Sons of Anarchy
19. One Punch Man
20. Big Little Lies
21. Luther
22. Louie
23. The Good Wife
24. The Deuce
25. Mindhunter

Edited my list because i somehow forgot It's Always Sunny and added One Punch Man. Goodbye Better Things and Stranger Things, not crazy about either anyway.

Really quickly thrown together. Couple of these I haven't yet watched all season but based on current impression they're good. Also I still have potentially good shows I haven't even started.

01: Strangers Things
02: Narcos
03: Dark
04: Hannibal
05: Game of Thrones
06: Strain
07: Black Sails
08: Luther
09: Spartacus
10: Taboo
11: Cardinal
12: El Chapo
13: Mindhunter
14: The Expanse
15: Fauda
16: Altered Carbon
17: The Magicians
18: American Gods
19: Zone Blanche
20: Intruders
21: Orphan Black
22: Copper
23: Absentia
24: Legion
25: Mr. Robot

Really quickly thrown together. Couple of these I haven't yet watched all season but based on current impression they're good. Also I still have potentially good shows I haven't even started.

01: Strangers Things
02: Narcos

03: Dark
04: Hannibal
05: Game of Thrones

06: Strain
07: Black Sails
08: Luther
09: Spartacus

10: Taboo
11: Cardinal
12: El Chapo
13: Mindhunter
14: The Expanse
15: Fauda
16: Altered Carbon
17: The Magicians
18: American Gods
19: Zone Blanche
20: Intruders
21: Orphan Black
22: Copper
23: Absentia
24: Legion
25: Mr. Robot
Thanks for posting mate, you have a habit of popping out when i think my threads are dying, keep it up!

Interesting list. The ones i bolded i already know well, will look into the others.

Weird is relative.
Game of Thrones is definitely one. So is Orphan Black. I'm not anti-TV so I've actually seen quite a number of new television series in the past few years. I'll write a list when I get home.

Making this thread because i want to watch a recent-ish show but i can never decide on anything. It's not a recommendations thread just a your favourites since 2010, repeat ones i mention or ones you don't think i like. Define shows this decade however you like, i've went for shows with the majority of their run since 2010. For example Mad Men counts because it was 2007-2015 meaning 6/9 years are in the 2010's, but Lost doesn't count with only it's last year in the 2010's. This was a top 25 i threw together i'm sure i'm forgetting stuff:

01. Mad Men
02. Twin Peaks: The Return
03. Nathan For You
04. The Americans
05. Atlanta
06. Mr Robot
07. Community
08. Master of None
09. Breaking Bad
10. Justified
11. Rectify
12. The Night Of
13. Rick and Morty
14. Parks and Rec
15. Bob's Burgers
16. 11/22/63
17. Sons of Anarchy
18. Big Little Lies
19. Luther
20. Louie
21. The Good Wife
22. The Deuce
23. Mindhunter
24. Better Things
25. Stranger Things
I don't think I've even seen 25 shows from this decade, but I rarely follow any TV shows. From your list, I've seen The Americans, Louie and the first two seasons of Mr. Robot. I f**king love The Americans. Incredible show. Amazing performances, great writing, excellent use of music. Russell and Rhys were so committed to their roles that they went and had a kid for real! I'm not typically into spy stories, but the show was so much more than that. Season 5 was the weakest, in my opinion, but I loved every season and I think they nailed the ending. I went back and re-watched the parking lot scene and the train station scene multiple times.

I really enjoyed the first season of Mr. Robot, but by the end of the second season I'd lost all interest. Episodes started to feel way too padded. After the twists in the first season, the big twist in the second season, which many people had correctly guessed early on, made the show start to feel like an M. Night Shyamalan gimmick. I loved the show's style and the performances were strong, but Elliot is the type of character who really starts to wear out his welcome after awhile. I might give the show another chance once it has completed its run, since I definitely think it's the type of show that works best when watched in close succession rather than having to wait a year or longer in between seasons.

Justified and Sons of Anarchy are two shows that have always appealed to me. And of course I'll watch Mad Men and Breaking Bad at some point due to their reputation for being among the greatest to ever air. I figure one day I'll shift my focus from watching a gazillion movies to finally catching up on all the great TV shows, but that day is probably still far away.

This might just do nobody any good.
I always feel like I’m lagging behind in the peak-tv era department so, while hastily and not particularly confidently put together, here’s an off-the-top-of-my-head list:

1. Twin Peaks: The Return
2. Breaking Bad
3. Game of Thrones
4. Atlanta
5. Gravity Falls
6. Hannibal
7. Fargo
8. The Leftovers
9. The Knick
10. Black Mirror

Okay, so I tried to stick with shows that had at least two seasons going for them. GLOW just barely missed a spot and I almost broke my rule and put Marvelous Mrs. Maisel up there based off its amazing first season. Again, I feel like I’ve lagged behind. Stuff like The Americans, Transparent, Dear White People and BoJack Horseman remain on my watch-list while others, like The Handmaiden’s Tale, Mr. Robot and Peaky Blinders, I followed enthusiastically before falling off the wayside. It’s a bad habit of mine.

Other honorable mentions: True Detective (season 1), Broadchurch, Mindhunter, Bob’s Burgers (which I don’t follow regularly but makes a strong enough impression nevertheless), Nathan for You (another I shamefully dropped off from), Rick & Morty.

I don't think I've even seen 25 shows from this decade, but I rarely follow any TV shows. From your list, I've seen The Americans, Louie and the first two seasons of Mr. Robot. I f**king love The Americans. Incredible show. Amazing performances, great writing, excellent use of music. Russell and Rhys were so committed to their roles that they went and had a kid for real! I'm not typically into spy stories, but the show was so much more than that. Season 5 was the weakest, in my opinion, but I loved every season and I think they nailed the ending. I went back and re-watched the parking lot scene and the train station scene multiple times.
You're my hero. I have a dumb now outdated since the show has finished The Americans thread that you'd probably find a funny read since i overposted in it - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ight=americans

Despite my doctor dumbness you have to give it up for my resilience there, no one other than Yoda once every twelve posts was reading those

I really enjoyed the first season of Mr. Robot, but by the end of the second season I'd lost all interest. Episodes started to feel way too padded. After the twists in the first season, the big twist in the second season, which many people had correctly guessed early on, made the show start to feel like an M. Night Shyamalan gimmick. I loved the show's style and the performances were strong, but Elliot is the type of character who really starts to wear out his welcome after awhile. I might give the show another chance once it has completed its run, since I definitely think it's the type of show that works best when watched in close succession rather than having to wait a year or longer in between seasons.
I gave up half way through Season 2 (the road trip episode with Alf was enough for me to bow out) but i got back to it and Season 3 was fantastic IMO.

Justified and Sons of Anarchy are two shows that have always appealed to me. And of course I'll watch Mad Men and Breaking Bad one day due to their reputation for being among the greatest to ever air. I figure one day I'll shift my focus from watching a gazillion movies to finally catching up on all the great TV shows, but that day is probably still far away.
Would be surprised if you don't love Justified, just seems like your type of show to me. It's really well written for the most.

I’m never totally confident in listing television but here’s an off the top of my head ranking -

1. Twin Peaks: The Return
2. Game of Thrones
3. Breaking Bad
4. Atlanta
5. Gravity Falls
6. Hannibal
7. The Knick
8. Fargo
9. The Leftovers
10. Black Mirror

GLOW misses a spot but this much. I was also inclined to give Marvelous Mrs. Maisel a mentioned based off an amazing first season but i decided to stick with shows that had at least two. Same goes for Mindhunter. I feel like I’m lagging behind in peak-Tv era. Stuff like Transparent, The Americans, Dear White People and BoJack Horseman are still on my watch list.

I feel like I should add True Detective for its first season as well but #2 just left a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry.

Then there’s some shows that I followed enthusiastically before just sort of falling of the wayside like The Handmaiden’s Tale, Mr. Robot and Peaky Blinders. It’s a bad habit of mine.

Broadchurch should probably go with at least one title drop, btw.
Gravity Falls rules, cool to see that on a list. Should've probably been on mine but i never finished it. The Knick is interesting but something i'll likely not go near, no hospitals, son.

Fargo is terrible for the most part. The Leftovers i should get back to and Black Mirror i should finally try.

This might just do nobody any good.
Isn’t O.J.: Made in America considered a documentary tv show now? If so, I’m putting it in the very honorable mention category as that maybe the most powerful viewing experience I’ve had these past 8 years.

Isn’t O.J.: Made in America considered a documentary tv show now? If so, I’m putting it in the very honorable mention category as that maybe the most powerful viewing experience I’ve had these past 8 years.
Watched the first episode of that two days ago. I've just read/watched too much about that case and the racial climate in America at the time to get invested in it, it was mostly boring as a result but i get how it could be great.

Let the night air cool you off
Not ordered:

Game of Thrones (I haven't finished it though)
Better Call Saul (I've only seen the first season)
American Horror Story (I've seen like..... ehhh, maybe four seasons. It isn't a "great" show, but it's entertaining)
Breaking Bad
Parks and Recreation
Rick and Morty
True Detective (I've only seen the first season)
Attack on Titan (I've only seen the first season)
The Punisher (Also not a "great" show, but it's a cool representation of a character that needed a better adaptation)
Luther (I've not finished this one either)
Bob's Burgers
Orphan Black (I've seen the first couple seasons)
One Punch Man
Workaholics (I've seen the first 3ish seasons)
The Newsroom (The first season is all I've seen. It's unrealistic but fun)
Eastbound & Down
F is for Family (I've seen first season)
Nathan for You (I've seen the first two seasons)
The Young Pope
The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst
Louie (I've seen the first two seasons)
Wilfred (I've seen the first three seasons [maybe the fourth?])
Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule
Judge Dredd: Superfiend (fun but short)

One Punch Man should definitely be in mine actually, hilarious show. This:

And his explanation that he just allowed himself to get really hot in his apartment without drinking water and did a beginners training regime to become the most powerful person in existence (without realizing he's in the middle of the most radiated area of his world), are enough to get the show on everyones list.

Mindhunter
The Night Of
The Punisher
Supernatural
Sense8
Hannibal
Daredevil

Absolute best TV-Show
The Office (USA)

Weird is relative.
I'm going to need more time since I have to go to sleep now...
I'll repeat a few listed above that I enjoyed, though...
One-Punch Man
GLOW, season 1 (haven't seen the second)
Atlanta

I watched part of the first season of Mr. Robot when it was released, and quite enjoyed it, but it really triggered my paranoia, so I didn't end up completing it.

Another show I love is You're the Worst.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is pretty good too if you like dysfunctional romance/quirky dramedy, so is Love on Netflix.

And the show that inspired me to start learning Swedish .. Real Humans/Äkta Människor. It was remade by the British into Humans, of which I saw the first season.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is insane, but I'm emotionally attached to the characters and have a crush on Phil Coulson, so... (I take long hiatuses though so I'm only a few episodes into the latest season.)

First season of The Flash was decent.

Into the Badlands season 1 - fairly awesome. Must check out the second season.

There are more but that's all I have time to write for now.

Olympic Medalist, Art House Habitue
Game of Thrones
True Blood
Rectify
Trapped
The Bridge
The Americans
Berlin Station
Downton Abbey
Hannibal
Homeland

Assuming that we're talking drama and comedy? I know you didn't ask for recommendations, but I can't be bothered to put real thought into this.

Humans
Billions
Ray Donovan
Cougar Town
Fringe
Friday Night Lights
Homeland (first few seasons)
American Crime Story (first season)
Black-ish
The Goldbergs
Line Of Duty
The Shadow Line
Elementary
Scandal
Lucifer
The Last Panthers
The Tunnel (or rather, it's following series but that's mainly because this is a UK/France version of The Bridge and I didn't care for the first series of that.)

Non-English Language

Gomorrah (Italy)
Inspector Montalbano (Italy) (There's also an Young Inspector Montalbano, which you might like but I'd only recommend if you like this version)
The Killing (Denmark)
Borgen (Denmark)
Wallander (Sweden)
Grand Hotel (Spain) (It's a Spanish version of what I think Downton Abbey might be like but I wouldn't know because I've never seen Downton Abbey)
Occupied (Norway)
Professor T. (Belgium)
Spiral (France)
The Legacy (Sweden)
The Bridge (Sweden) (Personally I didn't like the first series much but really enjoyed the rest.)
Deutschland 83 (Germany)
Wentworth Prison (Australia)
Underbelly (Australia)

I didn't get much out of it, but quite a lot of people liked The Returned, which is French. It's alright.

I'll stop now.

Assuming that we're talking drama and comedy? I know you didn't ask for recommendations, but I can't be bothered to put real thought into this.

Billions
American Crime Story (first season)
Gomorrah (Italy)
Thanks a lot will definitely look into some of those. Watched the first season of Billions and Gomorrah should get back to them actually, was enjoying them. I know i'm in the extreme minority but i preferred the Versace ACS. The dude who played Cunanan was incredible, the Gianni/Donatella story wasn't that interesting but the majority of it was Cunanan anyway so it was really enjoyable. Just couldn't watch actors play real people who i'm familiar with, i know a lot about that case so i gave up on it four episodes in.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Making this thread because i want to watch a recent-ish show but i can never decide on anything. It's not a recommendations thread just a your favourites since 2010, repeat ones i mention or ones you don't think i like. Define shows this decade however you like.

The Big Bang Theory (2007 - Current)
Young Sheldon (2017 - Current)
Castle (2009 - 2016)
Once Upon A Time (2011 - 2018)
Nashville (2012 - 2018)
Smash (2012 - 2013)
Bull (2016 - Current)
Timeless (2016 - 2018)
Forever (2014 - 2015)
Scorpion (2014 - 2018)
The Mentalist (2008 - 2015)
This Is Us (2016 - Current)
No Ordinary Family (2010 - 2011)
The Carbonaro Effect (2014 - Current)
Touch (2012 - 2013)
The Orville (2017 - Current)
Person of Interest (2011 - 2016)
Mom (2013 - Current)
Dads (2013 - 2014)
Elementary (2012 - Current)
Psych (2006 - 2014)
Pitch (2016 - 2017)
Numb3rs (2005 - 2010)
Grimm (2011 - 2017)
Hawaii Five-0 (2010 - Current)
Beauty and the Beast (2012 - 2016)
Almost Human (2013 - 2014)
A Gifted Man (2011 - 2012)
Chicago Fire (2012 - Current)
The Good Doctor (2017 - Current)
Revenge (2011 - 2015)

Two and a Half Men (2003 - 2015) - This show was much better before Charlie Sheen left the show.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered (This was only a TV series for one season in 2014, and then it changed to a series of TV movies.)